W&G Episode 1 - Freezes my system

edited March 2009 in Game Support
I'm having serious problems with the first Wallace & Gromit Episode. It installed just fine but the first time I ran it it froze my entire system when I tried changing the graphics resolution. A hard reset later I tried my luck again, and this time clicked on the preview button. The preview started playing but before it could finish, my system froze again. Next try just clicking on new game and trying to play, but the game froze my system when I had to pick whether or not I wanted a tutorial.

My system is a freshly installed Windows XP SP3 with all drivers as up to date as possible. I'm running Sam & Max Season 2 just fine and also play Fallout 3, Call of Duty: World at War & The Orange Box games without any problems whatsoever.

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    What are your system spec? Have you tried running the game at the lowest possible setting, just to see if it works?
  • edited March 2009
    I tried turning it to 800x600 and detail level one but it kept freezing my system. I found out how to fix it though! It was the DirectX update that Wallace&Gromit installed on my system that messed things up. I realized that after trying to run other games and had them freeze on me too. The solution was to completely reinstall DirectX with the November 2008 installer downloaded directly from Microsoft. :D

Maybe it was just a freak glitch on my system, but maybe something isn't quite right with the DirectX update in the Wallace & Gromit installer. You probably should check it out if more people have this Problem.

Now I'm off to finish this great game, happy that it finally works like a charm :D
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    It was probably just a freak accident. Our installer just connects to Microsoft and downloads it then and there, just like Microsoft's. Good to see it fixed!
  • edited March 2009
    Yeah I'm glad I managed to get it fixed myself. Although it's a little sad I'm already finished with the first episode by now :(

I did notice though that Wallace's voice was crackling quite a bit while he was in his underwear on the phone. The rest of the game was fine, but when I talked to him as Grommit his voice seemed to be a bit broken...
This discussion has been closed.