Fright of the Bumblebees lockup (warning: problem description includes spoilers)

edited March 2009 in Game Support
So the game is locking up at what I presume is the end of act 1, when I give Wallace the eggs, butter and toast I guess I'm expecting some kind of cutscene but just after I give him the last item the game locks up, becomes completely unresponsive and I have to use task manager to quit it.

I'm using a wireless 360 controller on my PC, not sure if that is causing the issue.

EDIT: Just want to add, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and creating a completely new save game and starting again, still experiencing the same issue.

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    Hey Az, what are your system specs and how high are the graphics set? Did you definitely update your DirectX on installation, and have you tried updating your graphics drivers?
  • edited March 2009
    I'm running a 512MB 9600GT, E8400, 4GB RAM, Vista Home Premium 32-bit. My system runs games like Assassin's Creed and Burnout Paradise at max specs without any issues, so that shouldn't be the problem.

Updated my drivers in February so I will check for the newest ones, I've also re-downloaded the install file, am planning to completely uninstall the game (including saves) and reinstall on a different drive, will see if that one works.

EDIT: Haven't updated drivers, but my strategy of re-downloading the game and performing a completely fresh install appears to have worked, I am also now a pro at the first act, having played it quite a few times...
This discussion has been closed.