W&G Blank panel after unlocking

edited May 2009 in Game Support
Just installed W&G, started, then entered my email & PW to unlock. It said it unlocked, but the panel on the left of the dialog is just blank, no way to click on anything. It's been like that for several minutes with 0%cpu usage...

Comments

• edited March 2009
    oh - restarting the game takes me straight to the same screen: blank l-h panel, graphic & honeycomb on the right. Is this another version of the old "success.html" problem?
  • edited March 2009
    That's a new one on me. Can you post a screenshot. Also there should be a big blue launch button on the right panel about halfway down. Can you try clicking around there and seeing if it still has functionality even though it isn't there.
  • edited March 2009
    I've tried clicking everywhere on the panel without response...
    I've run the uninstall and reinstalled the game to no effect
  • edited March 2009
    Okay, I have a weird thing you can try. If you disconnect your internet connection, does it work? The launcher makes some requests to the web server for community content and such before it shows the UI, so it may be that that request is getting infinitely delayed.
  • edited March 2009
    Tried disabling the adapter in XP, started, the game, same result. I am running Kaspersky Internet Security, thought I should mention that :)
  • edited March 2009
    Hmm interesting. What happens if you try disabling Kaspersky? You can try it while you're disconnected, if that makes you nervous :)
  • edited March 2009
    no change :(
  • edited May 2009
    So here I am, game is still not running, tried the second episode, it loaded - once after much resetting of IE settings (I use firefox, so I don't care much) but not again. I now have 2 episodes that I'd love to play, but feel I'm wasting my time... and money :(
This discussion has been closed.