Keyboard problem ?

edited March 2009 in Game Support
Hi,

Forgive me for my english, i'm french.

After playing demo, the game totally convinced me and i preordered the game, hoping for a modification of the keyboard controls.
Actually, here we got AZERTY keyboard. And in the facts, we can't play correctly with it because the game is configured for QWERTY.

How can i modify this ?
Would you apply a patch or something ?
I tried to find some "config.ini" but nothing. And actually, the game is totally unplayable without looking carefully the AZERTY keyboard.

Thanks for your help !

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    Unfortunately only QWERTY is supported. You can use the arrow keys instead of the WASD keys to move, which should make it easier. Gamepads are also supported.
  • edited March 2009
    My apologizes for insisting but is there a way to change it by myself ? I mean, it's sincerely awesome to have a game already translated right (I trusted in the quality of Sam and Max season 1 by preordering it on your website in english and never got the possibilty to translate it in my language without buying once more a french retail box) but French players here are once more disappointed with it.

Or could you just give the information to the programmers ?

I know we represent maybe a few part of your sales but i think, maybe with pretentiousness, we deserve the same quality than others.

Thank you.
  • edited March 2009
    I have to agree here. It's a pity to see a game greatly localized (thank you!) from the beginning but only supporting Qwerty keyboards... Perhaps you could look at this small issues for future releases.
  • edited March 2009
    I agree that it is disappointing that a specific (English) keyboard design is required though the game features subtitles in several different languages. - However, I think using the arrow keys instead is a good work around, as these keys should be the very similar arranged on all keyboards world-wide.
  • edited March 2009
    Well, there's always the option to install a US keyboard layout in Windows via the regional options in it's control panel.

Then you could switch to the US layout before playing the game...

But yeah, this game definitely could use a key binding screen like just about any game you play via mouse and keyboard on the PC has...

np: Moonbeam - You Can Hear Them (100)
  • edited March 2009
    yeah i found the arrow keys (and right shift for inventory) not too bad. resetting keys would be nice, but not really necessary.
This discussion has been closed.