BUG: No screenshots of the saved games

edited May 2009 in Game Support
There is a bug in the savegame screen as it doesn't show any information about the selected savegame. the "Your game" -screen has only a rectangle in the middle with light yellow background texture, arrows up and down and "Cancel" and "Bookmarks" -buttons in the bottom. When using the arrows ar the bookmark there is no information shown about the selected savegame (the light yellow rectangle in the middle stays empty).
My machine is WinXP SP2 with Ati Mobility X1600.

Comments

• edited March 2009
    It happens to me as well. Fortunately it does nothing else so it's not too bad.
  • edited March 2009
    I have this as well. Additionally, I think I had only one save slot? Or does it just look like that because all the saves look the same?

Fortunately I played through the game in a single sitting but it would be nice for saving/loading to work reliably (if not in this episode, then in the next ones).
  • edited March 2009
    Just a quick "Me too". Graphics card is an ATI Mobility FireGL V5200.
  • edited March 2009
    I've got this bug plus not being able to change my resolution. Get me.
  • edited April 2009
    Me too. I don't think there is any screenshot at all anyway... Does someone get that (and can send a screenshot of the... screenshot) ?
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2009
    For the record, there isn't supposed to be a screenshot there. It's supposed to be a text description of "your story so far" or something along those lines. We are looking into the issue. Is it improved at all by change your graphics settings?
  • edited April 2009
    Changing graphics settings doesn't seem to effect it. Don't know if this is related but I thought I'd throw it in. When I quit W & G the Telltale launcher can't connect to the internet, when I close that I get 'DLL has closed blah blah send a message to microsoft'. After it's done this I can't start it again as I just get the same message. This is XP SP3, dual core 2.0Ghz, 1GB RAM, ATI X1800.
    edited April 2009
    Have you tried updating your graphics drivers?
  • edited April 2009
    Don't get me started on that. The manufacture of my laptop hasn't updated their graphic driver download since 2006 and all the workarounds I've tried result in a BSOD. It could well be the cause of the problem.
    edited April 2009
    Hmm, yeah, that does sound like it could be the culprit. Laptop graphics cards *really* need to be standardized.
  • edited April 2009
    I actually think that its made without screens
  • edited April 2009
    dimantotev wrote: »
    I actually think that its made without screens
    That's correct. Instead of a screenshot, you get a "The story so far" bit of text that describes the current situation in the saved game.

Unless said bit of text is missing, of course, like with this bug.

np: Can - Soup (Anthology (Disc 1))
  • edited May 2009
    Will wrote: »
    Have you tried updating your graphics drivers?

How would you do that?
  • edited May 2009
    How would you do that?
    * "Start Menu / Run...", type "DXDiag" and hit enter
    * Switch to the "Display" tab and note which graphics card
    * Go to ati.com, intel.com or nvidia.com (or Google.com to search for the manufacturer's homepage)
    * Find a menu option there to "Download graphics drivers"
    * Choose your graphics card (for my ATI Radeon 4850, that would be "Radeon 4800 series" on ATI's website)
    * Download the driver (should be about the newest non-beta driver)
    * Install the driver
    * Try the game again

np: Martyn - Vancouver (Round Black Ghosts 2)
  • edited May 2009
    The problem persists in the second episode.
  • edited May 2009
    @puerulus So your not seeing any text? There should not be a picture but a description of what has happened.
  • edited May 2009
    @puerulus So your not seeing any text? There should not be a picture but a description of what has happened.

Correct. Could it possibly be an issue with ATI video cards?
  • edited May 2009
    I don't think it is relegated to just ATI. Have you updated your drivers? Video, DirectX? I would try lowering your graphics setting and see if that does anything.
  • edited May 2009
    I don't think it is relegated to just ATI. Have you updated your drivers? Video, DirectX? I would try lowering your graphics setting and see if that does anything.

I have done everything that you have suggested.

On a couple of occasions the text appeared but then disappeared in less than a second.
  • edited May 2009
    Interesting. It sounds like a render layer issue but I can't see what would be causing it. If everything else about the game runs fine you should be okay. The descriptor text is there just to remind you where you are and has no relevant gameplay effect.
    edited May 2009
    It's being looked into. We've been having a really hard time reproducing it in studio, but we just got some new computers. That doesn't necessarily mean it will be fixed for 103, but I assure you that it hasn't been forgotten.
  • edited May 2009
    It happens again in the second episode to me too and I also have an ATI card (X1550). I'm not really in a hurry to see it fixed or anything since it's not gameplay related but it would be nice. A little incentive to replay them when it gets fixed, I guess :D
  • edited May 2009
    same here... ATI Radeon HD 2600XT
  • edited May 2009
    I have this problem too (had it with episode one as well) but I have an Nvidia card (GeForce FX 5900 XT) so it's not specific to ATI cards. I also suffer from the rendering-errors-in-faces-in-cutscenes problem; not sure if that is related. I play with the graphics set to 3 (with a higher value everything is really slow).
This discussion has been closed.