W & G can't play

edited April 2009 in Game Support
Ever since downloading the game (and the updated DirectX driver), my freshly renovated computer system has been MONDO slow.
Unlocked the game, went to tutorial.
Every time I start the tutorial there are more audio 'hiccups' (duplicated words or music)than the time before. When I get to Wallace walking over to Gromit, he reaches the table, I get a DLL error and the game shuts down.
I am BARELY computer literate, so explain anything you want me to do thoroughly.

Comments

• I have ABOUT the same type of error, except I don't even get to control Wallace at all- it immediately shuts down to a DDL error after Wallace's opening speech.

BTW, this is in the tutorial, in the Demo. =[
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    Is the computer only slow when you are in the game? Does rebooting help?
  • edited March 2009
    It is especially slow when I try to do anything on the internet. I have satellite, so it is normally quite quick.
    I have shut down a couple of times, let it 'rest' for 10 minutes, then restart. It is better than it was, so maybe that is orking itself out; but the game is still NOT working.
    edited March 2009
    Hey Rhoda, when your computer is going really slow, try hitting Ctrl + Alt + Delete and bringing up the Windows Task Manager. Then go to the processes tab. While there, look at the CPU column and see which items are consistently using the most CPU. If something other than System Idle Process is taking up a significant amount, that may be the source of your problem.
  • edited March 2009
    I've done that, it is windows explorer doing most of the usage.
    Any ideas on the game?
    edited March 2009
    Ok, well first things first, make sure your graphics settings in game are turned to the lowest possible option. If that doesn't solve the problem, I'll need some information about your system specs. So, go to your Start menu and click on Run.
    Type in "dxdiag" and hit enter
    Then go to the Display tab
    While here, the useful things for us:
    Name:
    Current Display Mode:
    Main Driver:
    Version:
    Date:
  • edited April 2009
    Ok- First, I reduced resolution to lowest setting. It allowed me to get past the original hang-up; but it Wallace repeated every third or fourth word. When I go over to Gromit, I am asked to move the mouyse and left click on Gromit. I do not have any display, after a couple of 'reminders' to move and click, it goes to a blank screen, then eventually says the dl needs to close.
    Asked for info below.

Name: intel(r)82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller
    Current Display Mode: 1280x1024 (32bit)(60Hz)
    Main Driver: ialmrnt5.dl
    Version: 6.14.0010.3889 english
    Date: 8/20/2004 17:11:36
    edited April 2009
    Hey Rhoda, could you follow this link and download the the first file? http://downloadcenter.intel.com/filter_results.aspx?strTypes=all&ProductID=865&OSFullName=Windows*+XP+Professional&lang=eng&strOSs=44&submit=Go%21

Once you've downloaded it, run the installer. Hopefully this will fix things for you.
  • edited April 2009
    :(Nope. Downloaded, installed, restarted.
    Tried new tutorial, didn't get over to Gromit before dll error. Tried continuing 'saved'; got to Gromit; now duplicating every word at least once, got the circle that is the mouse cursor, put it on Gromit, it turned into a hand, then blanked and got the dll error.:(
    edited April 2009
    Well unfortunately I think that video card just isn't strong enough to run the game. We don't actually support intel onboard cards because they just don't have enough power 90% of the time. If you email support@telltalegames.com, we will happily refund your purchase. Just tell them I sent you. Thanks!
  • edited April 2009
    Poop.
This discussion has been closed.