Too much cheese? (a bug?)

edited September 2010 in Game Support
I have dropped one Wensleydale on top of the bee hive and have gorgonzola in my inventory. But I have also picked up another piece of wensleydale so I can't get the mouse moving because there seems to be no way of getting rid of the piece in my inventory or dropping the gorgonzola on top of the hive since there is already some cheese. Is this a bug in the game or what am I suppose to do?

Comments

• edited March 2009
    You shouldn't have two Wenslydayles in your inventory...

Lemme think.

Have you already
    put a Wenslydale in the jail cell or in Constable Dibbon's hat?
    . I can't remember when those puzzles appear, I'm not sure if any of those puzzles happen concurrently.
  • edited March 2009
    I did the jail break earlier. I can carry only one piece of wensleydale at a time but it seems I can always pick up some in endless supply from the ground next to the puddle in front of the shop and also at some point the police man dropped some cheese when he came to the station door (can't remember if it was wensleydale or gorgonzola). This is happening while playing Gromit when Wallace is on the phone. I am running the game on 64bit Vista, which is an unsupported platform...
  • edited March 2009
    Okay, I see what you've done.

Hm.

Have you tried
    dropping the second piece of Wenslydale onto the hive?
    You shouldn't have picked up that second piece, I don't think. Seems odd that the game would let you.
  • edited April 2009
    I also have this cheese bug and there doesn't seem to be any way of getting rid of the extra cheese. I got rid of the bees everywhere except the basement and the dog will no longer go up into the hive even though I can clearly see the cheese I threw down onto the hive next to the music player.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2009
    Hey guys, I'm going to move this thread over to Support since this sounds like a bug. I don't think Gromit should be able to pick up a second piece of Wensleydale.
  • edited April 2009
    Fwiw, I too was able to get two pieces of cheese but never had to use the second for anything.
  • edited April 2009
    I am also having this problem. The details, below, contain spoilers.
    Because of the second piece of Wensleydale in my pocket, the Cheese Sniffer will not climb to the top of the beehive (where there is another piece of Wensleydale) in the basement. I've found no means of discarding the cheese from my inventory. So it appears this leaves me at an impass.

It is simple to reproduce this problem. Once you are in control of Gromit for the second time in the game - which is after the giant bees are unleashed - but before you dispatch the bees in the cellar, follow these steps.
    - Walk to Paneer's and pick up a piece of Wensleydale. (Note that, here, you can repeatedly click on the pile of cheese and you keep picking a piece up - but your inventory maxes out at 1 piece.)
    - Go back to the house and throw that piece into the cellar via the trap door.
    - Return to Paneer's and pick up another piece of cheese.
    At this point, you've reproduced the 'cheese bug'.
  • edited April 2009
    We are currently looking into why you were able to pick up a second piece. The game should not have allowed you to. Currently the only way around this is to load a save before you picked up a second piece.
  • edited April 2009
    Ah, I see. Hrmm ...

You don't, by any chance, have a repository of saved games somewhere, one of which might do the job? I've looked around Google with no luck.

I love the game, but I'd rather not replay it from the beginning. :)
  • edited May 2009
    I just encountered this bug in the Xbox Arcade version... I was loving the game up until this point, and it seems you cannot manually save in the xbox version. So, my only option is to restart the game from the beginning? Bummer. I think I will take a break for awhile before retrying again, unless there is some other way around this? I do not really feel like starting from scratch all over again.

EDIT: well, I started the game over. I was having so much fun I couldn't resist. It actually only took me about 20 mins to start over and get to this point again. Skipping thru the dialog cutscenes made it super quick. And, I nabbed an achievement I missed the 1st time thru (the '3x bee sting one'). The game was great. Unfortunately, I am sure a lot of Xbox users are going to run into this glitch. And with no ability to save manually and reload before the glitch kicks in, forcing you to start over, I am sure there will be many who will get angry and give up... Hopefully this doesn't effect too many people's decision to purchase and play the next 3 installments.
  • edited September 2010
    We are currently looking into why you were able to pick up a second piece. The game should not have allowed you to. Currently the only way around this is to load a save before you picked up a second piece.

The game never let me pick up a second piece after throwing the first piece down the cellar, does that mean the bug is now fixed?
  • edited September 2010
    The game never let me pick up a second piece after throwing the first piece down the cellar, does that mean the bug is now fixed?

Probably, this is a pretty old thread.
This discussion has been closed.