Strong Bad ep1, Blinking Screen Problem

edited March 2009 in Game Support
Hi there, I've encountered strange problem... It seems in some parts of Strong bad Ep1 (epically during the "teen girl squad" thing) my screen blinks a black screen for a secound then the screen comes back, this happens quite often. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

I've searched for others with the same problems... but to no avail anyways my specs

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
3.00 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core
Mobo ASUSTeK Computer INC. M2V Rev 1.xx
3328megs DDR2 800 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT (driver version 6.14.0011.8208)

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2009
    Hey Chrono, could you try updating to the latest video driver for the GeForce? You can get it here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_182.08_whql.html
  • edited March 2009
    Hi there Will, Thanks for the reply :). I'm actually already using that driving right now "6.14.0011.8208)" >.< i forgot the version number of the driver, so i took a look at the driver version from dxdiag, dxdiag shows the driver number in a strange format
    edited March 2009
    Oh, hmm. Well ok, are you playing fullscreen or in windowed mode? And at what resolution?
  • edited March 2009
    I'm playing full screen at 1680x1050 widescreen resolution
    edited March 2009
    I'm assuming that's a fairly standard resolution for your monitor. Does the flickering still happen in windowed mode?
  • edited March 2009
    yes that is the recommended resolution for my monitor. Anyways i've done some experimenting... and i found that all widescreen resolutions windowed or full screen flickers, but windowed non wide screen resolutions don't. :) hope that helps
    edited March 2009
    Huh. Have you tried updating your directX?
  • edited March 2009
    I already have the latest version directX 9.0c
    edited March 2009
    That doesn't necessarily mean that updating wouldn't help. It's been version 9.0c for the past 3 years, but they update it on a monthly basis. Plus, DX seems to be one of the most corruptible programs I've ever seen.
  • edited March 2009
    I've updated to the latest DirectX 9.0c March 2009 edition, i'm still experiencing the same problems
    edited March 2009
    Hmm, well we are running out of things that could affect this. I would say it could be related to your monitor's refresh rate, but that would only make sense if it only happened in fullscreen. I'm assuming you don't have any programs running in the background?
  • edited March 2009
    besides my firewall (Outpost Pro) and my antivirus (NOD32) and MSN messenger. Other than that...
This discussion has been closed.