Wallace and Gromit: game freezes in jail

edited April 2009 in Game Support
Hello.
The game freezes right after I answer the third question of the police officer, when I presume a cut scene should appear. Although the music keeps working.
Then, the only way to get out of the game is by doing the "ctrl+alt+del" routine.

What can I do? :eek:

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2009
    Are the characters still moving around? If you hit escape, does it come up with "Tea Break"?
  • edited April 2009
    Will wrote: »
    Are the characters still moving around? If you hit escape, does it come up with "Tea Break"?

No, nothing moves. I hit escape and NOTHING happens.

The screen freezes with the cheese-sniffing robot facing the wall of the cell, and it stays right there. If I play in windowed mode, the mouse vanishes when it's over the game, and reappears when it's over any other part of the desktop. Playing in full-screen mode, the mouse just vanishes, and after hitting the "windows" button, reappears only over the place where the task bar should be (the task bar doesn't appear either).
    The arrow keys don't work either.
    All the while, the background music keeps playing in a loop (that's the only thing that works).

I'm playing in a laptop, with Windows XP Media Center Edition 2002 Service Pack 2 in spanish, Cpu intel T2050 1.60 GHz, 0.99 GB RAM.
    And when installing the game, it updated the ActiveX controls.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2009
    Ok, try redownloading the game and reinstalling it (though don't uninstall your saves). If that doesn't work we will have to try updating your graphics drivers.
  • edited April 2009
    Ok, I'm re-downloading now. :)

I'll let you know if the reinstallation worked.

Thanks!
  • edited April 2009
    It Worked! :D

Although it happened again trying to rescue Wallace from the mean queen...
    I'm redownloading again and reinstalling the game.

Thank you! :)
This discussion has been closed.