The Walking Dead ~ S2 [Black Screen] PC

Greetings, I've always played the TWD games without any problems, until now. I start the game and all I get is a black screen like for 7 seconds, then it disappears returning back to the desktop.

I've tried everything: Start as administrator, changing compatibility mode plus admin rights too.

Here's my DxDiag and the TWD Support thingy:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5kfn6cc5g76mlbg/TWD_support_data_pc.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/view/hub6zu6vx13a65a/DxDiag.txt

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

Can you please clarify if you have ever uninstalled and reinstalled the game? Also, have you ever made a backup copy of your save files? If so, you will need to make sure to rename the prefs.prop file of that save file backup to prefs.prop.bak to disable it, in order for the game to not recognize it as an active preferences file.

• Tried everything, renaming as well. Still getting the black screen and then, back to the desktop. T_T

Can you please clarify if you have ever uninstalled and reinstalled the game? Also, have you ever made a backup copy of your save files? If

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

My apologies, Below are a few more possible solutions (You may have tried a few, but I will provide all of the potential solutions below):

1) Ensure you have the latest drivers for both your graphics card, and your computer’s BIOS

2) Restart your system

3) Unplug your gamepad (and all other USB devices other than keyboard/mouse) and plug in headphones to the audio out jack.

4) Run the game as admin

5) Run the game in compatibility mode (right click on game, click properties, click compatibility tab , and we recommend running the game in Windows 98/ME ) (We recommend Windows 98/ME)

6) Reinstall the game

If none of these resolve your issue, can you please clarify if you are experiencing the black screen right when you launch the game, or after you click to start/continue the episode?

Tried everything, renaming as well. Still getting the black screen and then, back to the desktop. T_T

This discussion has been closed.