Sam & Max Culture Shock Manual

edited April 2009 in Sam & Max
Hi! I'm trying to play my first Sam & Max game but I can't find any manual explaining how to play the game.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• edited April 2009
    Download a Season 2 demo and open the tutoral.
  • edited April 2009
    It's pretty straightfoward. Click on whatever you want to interact with and Sam will comment on it, or talk to it, or try to steal it, or whatever's appropriate for the situation. To access your inventory, click on the cardboard box at the lower left corner of the screen. To use an inventory item, click on the item while the inventory is open, and click on whatever you want to use the item on. With guns, crosshairs will appear on the screen, but otherwise it's the same.

To look at an item in your inventory, right click on it. To run, double click, but that only works in season two, and only in large enough areas.

When talking to someone, click on what you want to say. Sometimes you can choose what Max says as well. When that happens, an icon of Max's head appears below the icon of Sam's head on the box where you choose what to say. You can click on the items to switch between the characters.

I think that's everything. Most of that is covered in the tutorial. Or were you having trouble with something other than the controls?
  • ArtArt
    edited April 2009
    Shwoo wrote: »
    It's pretty straightfoward. Click on whatever you want to interact with and Sam will comment on it, or talk to it, or try to steal it, or whatever's appropriate for the situation. To access your inventory, click on the cardboard box at the lower left corner of the screen. To use an inventory item, click on the item while the inventory is open, and click on whatever you want to use the item on. With guns, crosshairs will appear on the screen, but otherwise it's the same.

To look at an item in your inventory, right click on it. To run, double click, but that only works in season two, and only in large enough areas.

When talking to someone, click on what you want to say. Sometimes you can choose what Max says as well. When that happens, an icon of Max's head appears below the icon of Sam's head on the box where you choose what to say. You can click on the items to switch between the characters.

I think that's everything. Most of that is covered in the tutorial. Or were you having trouble with something other than the controls?

I think you can run outside in season 1.:p
  • edited April 2009
    Art wrote: »
    I think you can run outside in season 1.:p

in the Wii version you can, true. :) But PC version doesn't have it, to my knowledge. At least I've tried to do it a couple of times and Sam just keeps walking with his normal speed. :p
  • edited April 2009
    Trica wrote: »
    in the Wii version you can, true. :) But PC version doesn't have it, to my knowledge. At least I've tried to do it a couple of times and Sam just keeps walking with his normal speed. :p

That's right. In season 1 on the PC you cannot run at all, as that feature wasn't added until season 2.
  • edited April 2009
    I really think that TTG should include Enclosed Instruction Books for the season releases.
  • edited April 2009
    YuriTMND wrote: »
    I really think that TTG should include Enclosed Instruction Books for the season releases.

Er... they do. They're in the DVD case :)
  • edited April 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6Q1sPKuxnw

:D sorry, couldn't resist. But yeah.. Maybe there should be a some sort of PDF-file with instructions, for people who just download the episodes into their computers and don't have the DVD? It could be in Telltale's website, a link next to downloads or something. :)
  • edited April 2009
    Molokov wrote: »
    Er... they do. They're in the DVD case :)

That's the manual you're thinking of. Instruction books are different.
  • edited April 2009
    That's the manual you're thinking of. Instruction books are different.

They are? They both tell you how to play, right?
  • edited April 2009
    They are? They both tell you how to play, right?

The manual tells you how to play. The instruction book, well, gives you instructions.
  • edited April 2009
    The manual tells you how to play. The instruction book, well, gives you instructions.

... And the difference is...?:confused:
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2009
    Are you referring to walkthroughs? We include those on the Sam & Max website.

A full multi-page instruction manual is not actually cheap to produce or to have printed, and the collectors DVDs are technically free products which you get as a bonus for buying all the downloaded games, so it's hard to justify doing more than the folding quick start guide (which we put a lot of time into for how small it is!).
Sign in to comment in this discussion.