Csi: Hard evidence

edited April 2009 in Game Support
im having problems playing this game

i have installed it 3 times and im getting the error

This application has failed to start because MSVCR71.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem

any ideas ?

Comments

• edited April 2009
    This application has failed to start because MSVCR71.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem
    According to Microsoft this C runtime library should have been installed in the game's installation directory by the game's installer, but I guess Telltale must have forgot to include it. And since there's a good chance that something else already installed it previously it's easy to overlook this...

The easiest solution is either searching your hard disc (or the internet) for a copy of MSVCR71.dll and copying it into the directory you installed the game into.

I've downloaded the ZIP file found here, and the file in there is identical to the one I have installed on my system, so it should work for you. Just download the ZIP file and extract the DLL either to the game's installation folder or your windows\system32 folder (which isn't where it's meant to be installed, but on my system it found it's way there anyway...).

np: Can - Aspectacle (Anthology (Disc 2))
  • edited April 2009
    fixed, thanks for the help mate

much appreiated
This discussion has been closed.