Sam and Max for the Nintendo DS

edited June 2009 in Sam & Max
Anybody else think that a Sam & Max game for the DS is totally possible? After all, it's as if dual screens were made for adventure games. They sure do work for Minigames!

But I doubt Telltale has the know-how to program for the DS... but still, it'd be cool to have a portable Sam & Max game.

Comments

• edited April 2009
    Hey, not a bad idea at all! :) You could use the lower touch screen to move around and select stuff, while upper screen would show the inventory, or something. A button in the upper corner of the touch screen would make them switch places for inventory usage.

Plus yeah, minigames! :D I think it would totally work, but.. it definitely would require a different programming than the usual ports.
  • edited April 2009
    wow!Awesome idea!maybe a porting of "Sam & Max hit the road" it would be a great idea for beginning...
  • edited April 2009
    I do recall reading somewhere (probably on these forums) of someone who had ScummVM on the DS, and hence could play Sam and Max Hit the Road. Maybe have a look at www.scummvm.org to see if it's possible...
  • edited April 2009
    Molokov wrote: »
    I do recall reading somewhere (probably on these forums) of someone who had ScummVM on the DS, and hence could play Sam and Max Hit the Road. Maybe have a look at www.scummvm.org to see if it's possible...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOiU0X_rlVA

Yep, it's possible! :) I wish I could do that on my DS, but I don't think I have the accessory to do so..
  • edited April 2009
    Molokov wrote: »

oh yeah it's possible but with a illegal cartridge that runs emulator and DS rom...I don't know if it's possible to speak about that in this forum...
  • edited May 2009
    I wouldn't risk it. That is still massivly cool. I'd love to see Sam and Max on the DS
  • edited May 2009
    MaxLover wrote: »
    oh yeah it's possible but with a illegal cartridge that runs emulator and DS rom...I don't know if it's possible to speak about that in this forum...

i'm no legal expert, but i'm pretty sure the cartridge itself is legal, just it's very easy to use for illegal things. (though, a lot of people who use them do it purely for homebrew stuff, and are strongly against piracy)

playing HtR on it should be fine as well, assuming you own a legit copy. it's really no different to using any of form of scummVM
  • edited May 2009
    I got it working.
  • edited May 2009
    delimew wrote: »
    i'm no legal expert, but i'm pretty sure the cartridge itself is legal, just it's very easy to use for illegal things. (though, a lot of people who use them do it purely for homebrew stuff, and are strongly against piracy)

playing HtR on it should be fine as well, assuming you own a legit copy. it's really no different to using any of form of scummVM

Yes...you're right...but I've heard that the cartridge himself it's now declared illegal in some country(I don't know which).
  • edited May 2009
    The R4 flashcart (think that's the one) has been illegal in Japan since the beginning of the year.
  • edited May 2009
    Avel wrote: »
    The R4 flashcart (think that's the one) has been illegal in Japan since the beginning of the year.

yeah...I thinking of that cartridge...
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2009
    Anyone remember this?
  • edited May 2009
    I remember that! Which is was true cos it was bitchin'.

As for Sam and Max for the DSi would be sweeeeeet I've been praying for it for years!! Maybe if they can't sell it 100% via bought game, maybe as a download from the points?
  • edited May 2009
    I remember that! Which is was true cos it was bitchin'.

As for Sam and Max for the DSi would be sweeeeeet I've been praying for it for years!! Maybe if they can't sell it 100% via bought game, maybe as a download from the points?

yeah...that would be awesome!I've the DSi and I think that a game(or a mini game...)for the DSi ware will be a great idea!
  • edited June 2009
    delimew wrote: »

I'm not familiar with how Nintendo DS homebrew specifically works, I've only seen it in action once and didn't inquire but I have developed homebrew on other devices. Unless the DS is an exception some how and is doing something entirely different, chances are to get any kind of homebrew running something is bypassing the DS's copy protection mechanism and if that's the case, that is illegal according the DMCA.

The homebrew software itself and the physical cartridge are probably legal but if the method of getting them to operate requires the same process as getting a pirated game to work, as is usually the case, then it's very likely to be illegal regardless of intent. There's a 99.99% that no one is going to prosecute you for playing a legit copy of Sam and Max on DS (from a morality stance, no one cares) but I think people should be at least not misinformed of the legality.
  • edited June 2009
    you can play S&M hit the road on DS

EDIT NM someone already mentioned it
Sign in to comment in this discussion.