Runing indoors

edited May 2009 in Sam & Max
How come in the games you can run but, you can't do it indoors. You can in SBCG4AP.

Comments

• edited April 2009
    strong bad doesnt follow rules so he will run where ever he likes
    Sam on the other hand has (some) respect for rules like running indoors
    to tell you the truth i have got no idea
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2009
    Sometimes you can run indoors, but it depends on the room. It's often turned off indoors because the camera angles go nuts if running is turned on. (In these situations, though, Sam's walk does speed up when you double-click.)
  • edited April 2009
    You can in SBCG4AP.

I can explain that, did you ever get to the end of 203? If you have then you'll notice
    Max can run
    when you double click, the reason for this is because Strong Bad and Max are small characters, they can easily get through any room and run, but Sam is very tall and large, he fills out most of the crowded office, therefor the camera would go insane if he ran, so that's why it's not a run, it's a fast walk.

In larger areas, such as the street and other places, the camera is zoomed out and quite far away, giving the space Sam needs to run without a insane camera, even though the
    Zombie Factory
    is indoors, it's a fairly large room, and so is the
    Mariachi Spaceship
    , what my point is, if the camera is zoomed out like in the street, then you can run, but indoors is not, so you can only fast walk.
  • edited April 2009
    splash1 wrote: »
    Sam is very tall and large

Not to mention fat. He's probably trying NOT to exercise so much.
  • edited April 2009
    Plus there is a common rule to not run indoors.
  • edited April 2009
    YuriTMND wrote: »
    Plus there is a common rule to not run indoors.

Ha! Good point. :D
  • edited April 2009
    so, how come he doesn't run on the moon? that's about as not-indoors as you can get.
  • edited April 2009
    If he run in the moon... he could fly away!
  • edited April 2009
    delimew wrote: »
    so, how come he doesn't run on the moon? that's about as not-indoors as you can get.
    He didnt run in the 1 season.
    He was a lazy puppy.
  • edited April 2009
    Ignatius wrote: »
    He didnt run in the 1 season.
    He was a lazy puppy.

Nah, Season 1 was before Telltale put in running, if there was running in Season 1, here's where you would run:

Episode 1: Street
    Episode 2: Street
    Episode 3: Ted E. Bear's head quarters
    Episode 4: White House Front Lawn
    Episode 5: Street and Game Street
    Episode 6: Hugh Bliss's Sanctum
    delimew wrote: »

I was talking about Season 2, not mentioning Season 1... Until now.
  • edited April 2009
    I think he would crash into the camera if he tried running indoors.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2009
    Season 1 you can run on the Wii. And Delimew is right, you can't run on the moon. The cameras are too tight in there. But more often than not, you can run outside but not inside.
  • edited May 2009
    Will wrote: »
    Season 1 you can run on the Wii. And Delimew is right, you can't run on the moon. The cameras are too tight in there. But more often than not, you can run outside but not inside.

So on the Wii version, does Sam run in all the places I mentioned in my previous posts?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.