The Last Resort: No graphics

edited July 2009 in Game Support
I've downloaded and installed The Last Resort, but there's a bit of a problem: No graphics appear! I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, going out of full screen, updating my drivers, and turning the graphics down to the lowest quality, but none of those have made any difference. All other Telltale games still work fine, including Fright of the Bumblebees. I've attached a picture of the main menu. Any suggestions? I'm using Windows Vista, if that helps.

Comments

• edited May 2009
    I get exactly the same problem - Fright is still running fine :(
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2009
    We are currently looking into this problem. I'll let you know when I have more information. Sorry for the delay!
  • edited May 2009
    I've got almost the exact same problem,except when I play it I can see some of the menu options. Not all of the options,but some.
    edited May 2009
    Ok guys, I'm pretty stumped here. Can you all tell me as much about your computers as humanly possible? Sebastian I already have your information. What operating system are you on. If you are on Vista, are you running UAC? What type of video card do you have? Have you updated your drivers recently? The more info the better. Thanks!
  • edited May 2009
    Hi, I'm going to join the club here. Exact same problem, and it's only on the Last Resort.

I'm running Windows XP Home Edition 2002 on a Dell Inspiron 1501 Laptop.
    I've got ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 as my Video card.
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 Processor...
    1.87 GB of RAM...
    I don't remember updating my drivers recently...

Anything else you want to know I'd be happy to search for. This is quite the mystery, really- everything else works fine.

Thanks!
  • edited May 2009
    Same problem - Last Resort launches, but there are no backgrounds, period. This same thing happened with Fright of the Bumblebees, but there, turning the graphics quality down (to 3) brought things back. No so with Last Resort.

System:
    Acer Athlon 64 X 2, with Radeon X1250 graphics integrated.
    1TB hard drive, 4G RAM
    24" LCD display
    Windows 7 beta (soon to be RC)

Hope you can find an answer soon - I wanna play!
  • TorTor
    edited May 2009
    I've got ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 as my Video card.
    Radeon X1250 graphics integrated.
    Not all of the posters have specified their system specs, but the integrated Radeon may be a common denominator. Could there be an ATI driver issue?
  • edited May 2009
    may I ask by the way what is the ideal computer specs if you want to set the setting to da max and don't suffer any kind of lagging or graphics injuries! I really want to know because I want to buy a new computer and I want to be sure!
    edited May 2009
    I would say that most new computers should probably be able to handle it. The most important thing is that you have a non-integrated video card by one of the two big guys: Nvidia or ATI. Personally, I prefer Nvidia, as I feel like their drivers are more consistent.
  • edited May 2009
    Oh, I used Radeon all these years, so much time wasted to uninstall and reinstall again. But that nightmare is finally over. Thanks Will.
  • edited May 2009
    just quoted my specs, having the same problem as every one else, I see Will give what's hopefully the way to resolve the issue in another thread. Thought I'd updated all my drivers before installing, but with Dell you have to go to their website :(
  • edited May 2009
    I'm on XP Pro SP3, Dual GeForce 7800GTs. Athlon 64. Just updated my nvidia drivers tonight, still the same problem.
  • edited June 2009
    I have the exact same problem. I can't see any of the characters. This happened after I collected all the beach items. When I go to Wallace's bedroom, he appears again but anywhere else I go he and the other characters are invisible.

I'm running it on Vista Ultimate on my MacBook: 2.0Ghz Dual Core Intel, Nvidia GeForce 9400M, 2GB memory.

BTW, you really should release your games on Mac OS X. Your games are the only reason I'm running Windows.
  • edited June 2009
    Thought I'd bump this as no-one from the support team has replied to this thread for almost two weeks.

I want to play my W&G! :(
    edited June 2009
    Hey Dijkie, have you tried changing your graphics settings? or updating your graphics card drivers?
  • edited July 2009
    Hey Will,

Yes, all my drivers are up-to-date and changing the graphics settings has no effect at all. The first episode ran fine from start to finish.

I really, really hope this problem can be fixed somehow and that I don't get the same type of problems with the Tales of Monkey Island-games... :(
    edited July 2009
    Hey Dijikie, I'm thinking you just hit a really rare bug. I'm really not sure what caused it to happen, but it sounds like your characters are actually being hidden by the game code. The bad news is that you probably won't be able to continue on from that save. If you play through again, I can 99.99% guarantee you that it won't happen again (and definitely not in Monkey). Small comfort I'm afraid, but at least it isn't your system.
  • edited July 2009
    How are you guys getting on with the driver problem? Are people still looking into it?
  • edited July 2009
    I'm also having problems on my hp notebook: No graphics or anything after launch... it just goes to a flickering blank screen and crashes. Can you help???
    (DirectX 9.0C is all fine)

Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile Report

Report Date: 07/08/2009
    Report Time[hr:mm:ss]: 18:57:46
    Driver Version: 6.14.10.4831
    Operating System: Windows XP* Professional, Service Pack 3 (5.1.2600)
    Default Language: English
    DirectX* Version: 9.0
    Physical Memory: 2039 MB
    Minimum Graphics Memory: 8 MB
    Maximum Graphics Memory: 384 MB
    Graphics Memory in Use: 10 MB
    Processor: x86 family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6
    Processor Speed: 2493 MHZ
    Vendor ID: 8086
    Device ID: 2A02
    Device Revision: 0C

* Accelerator Information *

Accelerator in Use: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
    Video BIOS: 1478
    Current Graphics Mode: 1280 by 800 True Color (60 Hz)
  • edited July 2009
    I'm also having problems on my hp notebook: No graphics or anything after launch... it just goes to a flickering blank screen and crashes. Can you help???
    (DirectX 9.0C is all fine)

Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile Report

Report Date: 07/08/2009
    Report Time[hr:mm:ss]: 18:57:46
    Driver Version: 6.14.10.4831
    Operating System: Windows XP* Professional, Service Pack 3 (5.1.2600)
    Default Language: English
    DirectX* Version: 9.0
    Physical Memory: 2039 MB
    Maximum Graphics Memory: 384 MB
    Graphics Memory in Use: 10 MB
    Processor: x86 family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6
    Processor Speed: 2493 MHZ
    Device Revision: 0C

Current Graphics Mode: 1280 by 800 True Color (60 Hz)
  • edited July 2009
    I`ve a similiar problem. I cant see anything on the first page, only squares of green/orange. And cant use the mouse or tangent.
    How do I check what videocard the computer has?

.Report Date: 07/08/2009
    Report Time[hr:mm:ss]: 13:18:47
    Driver Version: 7.14.10.1280
    Operating System: Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium* , Service Pack 1 (6.0.6001)
    Default Language: Swedish
    DirectX* Version: 10.0
    Physical Memory: 2037 MB
    Maximum Graphics Memory: 358 MB
    Graphics Memory in Use: 155 MB
    Processor: x86 family 6 Model 22 Stepping 1
    Processor Speed: 1995 MHZ
    Device Revision: 03
    Computer: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU
  • edited July 2009
    [QUOTE

Current Graphics Mode: 1280 by 800 True Color (60 Hz)[/QUOTE]

I´ve have the same processor, maybe there´s the problem is?:confused:

http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/intelgm965/sb/CS-026200.htm
  • edited July 2009
    Jessica wrote: »
    I`ve a similiar problem. I cant see anything on the first page, only squares of green/orange. And cant use the mouse or tangent.
    How do I check what videocard the computer has?

.Report Date: 07/08/2009
    Report Time[hr:mm:ss]: 13:18:47
    Driver Version: 7.14.10.1280
    Operating System: Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium* , Service Pack 1 (6.0.6001)
    Default Language: Swedish
    DirectX* Version: 10.0
    Physical Memory: 2037 MB
    Maximum Graphics Memory: 358 MB
    Graphics Memory in Use: 155 MB
    Processor: x86 family 6 Model 22 Stepping 1
    Processor Speed: 1995 MHZ
    Device Revision: 03
    Computer: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU

XuGator resolved this issue for me. Try this.
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=152920#post152920
  • edited July 2009
    I too have a Radeon X1250 integrated graphics card and experienced the same problem (black screen, no graphics, only text) with W&G Episode 2 (The Last Resort). This was even though W&G Episode 1 had worked OK. I updated my video drivers to the latest version and now I have some, but not all of, the graphics.

Specifically, inventory items are invisible, as are some graphic elements in the game. For example in the attached screenshot, Wallace's front door is missing.

BTW I'm running DirectX 10--is this too new?

All help gratefully accepted.
  • edited July 2009
    Hey Will,

I'll try starting a new game then. But if it does happen again, I will demand that a large volume of cheese to be delivered to my house for free!

Thanks for your reply.
This discussion has been closed.