Last Resort bug - characters disappear

edited May 2009 in Game Support
After getting everything to create the beach the game moves onto the next chapter however the characters disappear. Wallace only appears when you enter the bedroom. You can hear the Newsagency Lady in the dining room but she doesn't appear and you can't interact with her. You can't get back to the cellar after leaving. You can't get into the kitchen. I have changed to the lowest graphics setting and resolution but the problem still exists.

I had no problems with Bumblebees.

From the other posts it appears other people have got past this point.

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2009
    That's really strange... I'm attaching a save file from the start of Act 2. Would you mind loading it up to see if that fixes the problem? Unzip the file to \My Documents\Telltale Games\The Last Resort
  • edited May 2009
    Thanks. This has solved the problem.
  • edited May 2009
    I had the same problem at the beginning of Ch 2 and Will's save fixed it.
    A bug for sure.
  • edited May 2009
    I have the same bug, but I'm having problems opening the save file. "Cannot open file: It does not appear to be a valid archive. If you downloaded this file, try downloading the file again."

If I right-click to unzip it that way, it asks if I want to view the last output. If I click Yes, it gives me "End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not a Zip file, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part Zip file."
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2009
    Hmm, sounds like the file got corrupted when you tried to download it. Did you try downloading it again?
  • edited May 2009
    Yes
  • edited May 2009
    I had this problem but playing through a second time fixed it. I also noticed that the cut scene was skipped and the camera didn't change when going near where the characters should have been in the cellar.
  • edited May 2009
    Same problem here - the .sav fixed it, though. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.