Telltale games owning a tv series

edited June 2009 in Sam & Max
I was reading a gamasutra article (while I really should be working) interviewing Telltale CEO Dan Connors, in which he said he would like to own a television series to release over the various console networks. And I would just like to remind you all (although i am sure you haven't forgotten) that we all would love a Sam & Max series done right. anyway just a thought for your consideration.

Comments

• edited May 2009
    I would love to see a new Sam & Max show using the voice actors from the game. I think it could do quite well through the console video stores and iTunes without needing a broadcast release. It would be awesome to have a new episode to watch on my iPhone every few weeks.
  • edited May 2009
    Well, I don't want the actors losing their voices or anything, but that would be nice. A podcast overall would be cool.
  • edited May 2009
    Well, I don't want the actors losing their voices or anything, but that would be nice. A podcast overall would be cool.
    Compared to the amount of voicework involved in a Telltale game, I'd assume that a show would be a relative cakewalk.

Now, it'd be nice to see Telltale jumping into the digitally distributed video market, and I'd just hope that they'd not exclude the PC folk from it(as much as I love Telltale, I'm not digitally purchasing videos for a console that I'm going to replace eventually). I haven't seen much on the front of digitally distributed video, by which I mean things more like the original distribution of Sanctuary before Sci-Fi scooped it up.

Whenever I watch an online show, it's usually 5 or less minutes weekly. A full-fledged network-length show distributed online could be worth paying for.
  • edited May 2009
    Have any of you ever seen any of the machanimas that were released in the first season of Sam and Max? They demonstrate how well the series could be translated if done right.

I ordered my copy of the Season 2 Collectors DVD and I can't wait to get it. I think the machanimas are included on the Season 1 Collectors DVD.
  • edited June 2009
    Doesn't Telltale own CSI?

On a different note, yes!! A periodic machinima episode would be awesome. But how long are we thinking? 2 minutes episodes like season one, or more half-hour to hour-long episodes like season two? I could really watch them either way.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.