Cannot get S&M season 2 to load - 3rd request

edited June 2009 in Game Support
I sent an e-mail on 4/13, which I am not sure you received. I sent one on 4/15 that you definitely received. I received an automatic response and was assigned 'issue-16540'.

I received the Sam & Max Season 2 DVD, but I cannot get it to load.

I know that my DVD drive works, because I put Season One in the drive and it worked fine.

There is no response when I put the disk in the drive, no automatic start up.

The computer asks me to put a disk in the drive when I select Run off the Start menu even though the disk is in the drive.

I also got a very serious error at one point, a "blue screen of death" during the shutdown process when I tried to Start -> Restart with the disk in the drive. It said something about Stacks. Didn't write it down. When I finally restarted, it said Windows had recovered from a serious error.

I also tried to restart with the disk in the drive and the computer did not allow Windows to start until I ejected the disk.

FYI, I am running XP home edition.

I think you have sent me a bad / damaged disk.

What do I do?

Comments

• WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2009
    Emily sent you a reply, but it might have been filtered by your email address. At any rate, here is what she said: Hi,

Thanks for writing back, I don't think we got your first email.

It does sound like a bad disc. If you put the DVD in a DVD player, are you able to view the video?

Please confirm your shipping address and I'll send a new disc. In the meantime you can play the downloadable versions of the games: http://www.teltalegames.com/mytelltale

-Emily, Telltale Games

Obviously you don't need to post your shipping address here, so could you send it to support@telltalegames.com? Or just PM me
  • edited May 2009
    FYI, the link to "MyTelltale" posted above is missing an "l", so it leads you to a domain hoster who wants to sell that domain. - Here is the correct link: http://www.telltalegames.com/mytelltale
  • edited June 2009
    I started the thread over 2 months ago. I still don't have a replacement disc and cannot load the game.
  • edited June 2009
    onlysoso wrote: »
    I started the thread over 2 months ago. I still don't have a replacement disc and cannot load the game.

Did you mail support@telltalegames.com with your order details/shipping address? If so, did you get a reply?
This discussion has been closed.