Favourite version of Sam and Max?

edited May 2009 in Sam & Max
I don't think this has been done before.

If this post doesn't make sense, it's because lately I've been having a lot of trouble thinking. Sorry about that.

I think I like the way they're depicted in the Telltale games the best. They took the personalities in the comics and expanded on them. I like a lot of character in silly humour. Makes it more entertaining. I also like the fact that there are recurring characters and big plotlines. Those things are cool, and always add to my enjoyment.

The others in order from most to least are the comics, the cartoon, and Hit the Road, but I love them all.

Hit the Road is on the bottom because even though it's very funny, Sam and Max aren't very interesting as characters. The cartoon is next because the cornyness makes me cringe sometimes. Also, I don't enjoy their dynamic as much as I do in their other appearences. Sam's a bit too responsible, and not sarcastic enough. I'm not complaining if Sam and Max have some sort of uncle/nephew type relationship, I just like their other dynamics better.

...Sam's not that sarcastic in the comics, either. Maybe it's the voice acting?

The comics are second because I love the comics Sam and Max, but I love the Telltale Sam and Max even more.

The fourth option should say Telltale episodes, not just Telltale. I made a mistake, but now I can't edit it.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.