Possible hardware issue keeping me from completing W&G task?

edited June 2009 in Game Support
I'm playing W&G Episode 1 and I'm trying to set the frying pan timer on the newspapers outside the newsstand, then shake the drainpipe next to Paneer's to get the bees to fly under the awning. BUT - it takes me so long to get to Paneer's after I've set the timer, that the timer goes off before I get there. I suspect this is some issue with my hardware. All the characters move very, very slowly in all the scenes. Could I need a memory upgrade? Or perhaps my CPU speed isn't fast enough? Can anyone suggest where to start looking? Thanks!

Comments

• ScottAlexanderScottAlexander Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Hey Mello,

Check out this link http://www.gameboomers.com/reviews/Ww/WallaceGromit1/WallaceGromit1.htm Scroll to the bottom and check the system requirements. If your computer meets those requirements, then let us know how much ram and what kind of video card you're using. Thanks!
  • edited June 2009
    OK, I checked the minimum reqs link you posted and I believe my system lives up to those standards. I've got 2 cpus at 1.86Ghz each, 3 GB of RAM and an NVIDIA geForce 7300 LE card. I've dialed down the graphics settings on the game to 800 x 600 and shut down every process and widget I can find, and I still can't get from the newsagents to Paneers before the timer goes off. Halp! :eek:
  • edited June 2009
    Just fyi, I've also re-downloaded the DirectX driver from Microsoft and re-installed it, but no joy. Gromit's still too slow to get across the town square before the frying pan timer goes off. Help, please. :(
  • edited June 2009
    Anyone got any idea about this? Or should I just contact Customer Service for a refund?
  • ScottAlexanderScottAlexander Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Hey Mello, go ahead and send an email to: support@telltalegames.com

We can better track your issue there. Do you have the latest drivers for your graphics card? You can find them here if you're running in XP: http://www.howtodrivers.com/model18429.html
This discussion has been closed.