Walking Dead doesn't open

Hi,

I have Walking Dead Season 1 on 2 computers - a Win 7 x64 and a Win 8 x64 system, and it doesn't work on either system.

I've gone through the full troubleshooting process on http://www.telltalegames.com/support/discussion/29368/the-walking-dead-technical-support-faq-read-before-creating-a-new-thread

I click the game on steam to open, the dialog box loads up saying it's starting to open...then......nothing.

The error message in Event Viewer is:

Faulting application name: WalkingDead101.exe, version: 2014.4.25.20794, time stamp: 0x535ae012
Faulting module name: WalkingDead101.exe, version: 2014.4.25.20794, time stamp: 0x535ae012
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000fb22e
Faulting process id: 0x2a80
Faulting application start time: 0x01cff7de1ad6b540
Faulting application path: E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\WalkingDead101.exe
Faulting module path: E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\The Walking Dead\WalkingDead101.exe
Report Id: 5a808be7-63d1-11e4-aaee-001bfc4ac670

Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the delayed response. Please make sure that Steam is updated to the latest version, and that you are not running the Steam Client in a Compatibility Mode, that may be preventing the game from opening.

You can also try making sure that the game is set to 'Always keep this game up to date'. To do this, please right click on the game from within your Steam Library and go to Properties. Once in the Properties window, navigate to the Updates tab, and under the Automatic Updates section make sure that the drop down bar is set to Always keep this game up to date.

After you set the game to always update, please close down the Steam Client completely. (Please also make sure to close it if it is still open in the hidden icons in the bottom right of the screen when you click the upward facing arrow. If it is, please right click the Steam icon and click Exit.)

Once Steam is closed, please reopen it, and you should receive any of the necessary updates for The Wolf Among Us to work.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/7kmlcg

This discussion has been closed.