The Walking Dead: Ballad of the Fallen (Complete)

edited November 2014 in Forum Games

So I've been wanting to post this for a while, and it's not yet complete. This is only the beginning of James' story. This first part was adapted from ClemyClooAndBabyBoo's story that include my characters James, Dan, Rebecca, and Ryan.

“What the hell?” James screamed, “Get the-Get the hell off of me!”

“Help!” Sarah yelled.

“Goddangit! I’m coming, Sarah!”

The Apocalypse had been very sudden for James, allowing no time to adapt to his situation. When James thought back, he remembered very peaceful and carefree times. His time in the Community had seemed like regular life; No parents helping to raise Dan. Every now and again, James caught glimpses of the outside world. James had lived inside the Community, a large abandoned prison converted into a town, since he was nine years old. For nine years, James had lived his life like anyone else did BEFORE the Apocalypse. Those younger than sixteen were sheltered and allowed to believe that the World was still as it was. Upon reaching sixteen, children were taught of the REAL horrors outside the walls.

“BANG!” Gunshots rang out. The Walkers had breached the Community, and everyone was fighting back. James fired one of those shots into a Walker, not wasting any time to reach Sarah. When he’d reached her, he found her with a bite on her shoulder. Samuel, the school bully, had a gun pointed at Sarah’s head.

“What the-” Ryan said, just reaching Sarah, “Damn it, Samuel! Put down the gun!”

“James, don’t do anything-anything stupid,” Sarah said. By now, Sarah had begun to slump down, dying.

Gazing at her, James couldn’t help but comply, “I know. Samuel. Calm down, man. Think about the kids. If you kill us, there’s no hope for the Human race. Dan and Rebecca would be left alone. You KNOW they wouldn’t make it,” James said.

Samuel’s hand quivered. Obviously, he had never had to do this before.

“I’m sorry, James. We do what we have to do to survive. Something you obviously have no clue about,” Samuel said, one arm on a bite of his own. “If what I have to do to survive is cold blooded, then I will survive. Goodbye!” Samuel pulled the trigger. Blood splattered across his person, permanently scarring him. Sarah’s eyes were greying.

“NO! You MONSTER!” James screamed.

“Damn it!” Reaching for his dad’s butcher knife, Ryan sliced Samuel’s arm off, saving him from the bite. Samuel toppled to the ground. “Try to survive now, you cold blooded son of a bitch!”

“I’m sorry honey. God. I’m so sorry,” James said.

“Please, James. Live what I couldn’t. Raise Dan right,” Sarah said, handing James her old pocket stopwatch.

“I love you Sarah!” James sobbed, “I-I can’t do this.”

“You can do it. I know you can. I love you too!” Sarah moaned.

“God” James said, aiming his gun at her head.

“BANG!” James shot Sarah, preventing reanimation.

“Uh, James? What about-”

“FUCK HIM! HE deserves NONE of our help!” James shouted. Looking behind him, Dan and Rebecca were crying, hugging each other for support.

“He’s going to turn,” Ryan said.

“We’re not like him, and neither are Dan and Rebecca,” James said shakily, “Leave him to turn.”

“Okay,” Ryan said.

Hurrying, Ryan, Dan, Rebecca, and James escaped the Community, never to return. Once again, James thought back to all his time in the Community. The World would never be that peaceful again. If it did, no one alive now would be there to see it. The Community had been a safe haven, allowing everyone to learn of the outside world slowly and carefully. The last James saw of the Community was the Leader, “Sir” Harold Crawford. His left eye had been torn out when a walker scratched it. Harold had assured everyone that it was necessary. His remaining eye was gazing up into the sky peacefully. That eye would soon become grey and zombified. Harold had three gunshots spread far apart on his torso. What had remained of his right arm was slowly being devoured by a Walker.

This Story has ended, but ClemyClooAndBabyBoo's story is still ongoing. Check it out if you like this. And, check it out even if you don't.

Comments

• All of it is pretty cool, but in the story i wrote, James said leave him because ryan wanted to kill him, and then he said they are not like him, but this is a pretty cool story! over 9000 out of 10!

Braces self for Nappa comments

• "Adapted from ClemyClooAndBabyBoo"

The next part is coming out soon.

All of it is pretty cool, but in the story i wrote, James said leave him because ryan wanted to kill him, and then he said they are not like him, but this is a pretty cool story! over 9000 out of 10! Braces self for Nappa comments

• Sweet

UCAAV29784 posted: »

"Adapted from ClemyClooAndBabyBoo" The next part is coming out soon.

• edited November 2014

James was depressed. After losing Sarah, he, Dan, Rebecca, and Ryan had left the Community, abandoning all those poor people who needed help.

“HEY! WAIT!” a loud voice bellowed behind them. Quickly turning around, James saw and recognized Wilson. Wilson was eleven years old and had been friends with Dan and Rebecca. His black hair was drenched in deep sweat and his face was pale. James guiltily remembered that the Group had abandoned everyone, including Wilson.

“Wilson. Oh my god, are you all right?” Dan asked.

“I-No. I’m not all right. I just saw so many people-” Wilson didn’t finish, breaking into tears.

“It’s all right, Wilson,” Ryan said, “We’ve ALL been through a lot.”

“All of that was terrible and all, but we need to find somewhere safe to stay. We al know how the world is out there,” James said.

Glaring, Rebecca responded, “No we don’t. We don’t know anything about this. Apparently, both you and Ryan know!”

James began to speak, but he was interrupted by a voice, “Be quiet! There’s hundreds of them here.” Looking around, the Group saw three men.

“Hey. My name’s Henry,” said the man who had warned them.

“I’m Larry,” said another man.

“And me, well, you already know me,” said the third man, “After all, you left me to die!”

“I’ll kill you!” James yelled, propelling himself towards Samuel. Larry and Henry caught him, unaware of what Samuel had done. “Get off me! This little shit just killed my Girlfriend Sarah!”

“She was bitten, Nerd!” Samuel retorted, “Anyway, we need to head out now. Who knows what heard you just now? I was thinking we head towards the City.”

“What City?” Ryan asked.

Looking up, Samuel answered Ryan, “We were thinking about-”

Chapter END

• edited November 2014

Never Mind.

The City is Grayling, Michigan in Crawford County.

• PART TWO OUT NOW

Sweet

• Part Three here now.

Sweet

• "We're heading to Grayling," Samuel said.

"Grayling? You mean we're in Michigan?" James asked.

"We are, and if you want to live, you should come with us," Larry said.

"But, what's in the city?" Ryan asked.

"Someplace safe and easily fortified," Henry said, "We're going to need all the help we can get."

The Group walked a long time towards Grayling. Each one secretly hoped to find a safe haven somewhere in the City.

Two Days Later.........

The Group entered the decaying City of Grayling. Civilization was still visible, but was very decrepit. Walkers roamed the Streets, searching for their next meal. Spotting a safe location, the group entered. The old building was falling apart. Light from the moon shone down through the holes in the building.

"Jesus, man! I thought this place was safe. Not whatever this shit is!" Henry whispered to Larry.

"Well I didn't know, Jackass!" Larry responded, raising his voice.

"Click" came the sound of guns cocking.

"Stay where you are," a Woman's voice echoed, "We have you surrounded." Slowly, five figures emerged out of the shadows. "Are you guys going to be trouble?" The Woman asked.

As the Group began to assure them they wouldn't, a lone Walker wandered into the corridor.

"Shoot!" the Leader said. The building dwellers aimed at the Walker, who had now noticed them.

"Graaaaaaaaah!" It yelled, "Graaaaaaaak. Graaaaaaaahg!" The Walker was advancing towards the Survivors. The building dwellers hesitated, fearing an overwhelming number of Walkers.

"Shoot, goddammit!" The Leader yelled.

"BANG!" The Walker went down, bullet in the brain.

"Imbeciles. Now, where were we?" Said the Leader. Everyone else was frozen, expecting a horde. "What's the problem?" She aggressively shouted.

The Leader suddenly screamed and fell to the floor, being devoured in front of everyone.

"UPSTAIRS! NOW!" the Leader yelled. The Group and building dwellers ran up a darkened staircase into an adjacent room. Slamming the door, the Group struggled to barricade the door.

"Move!" the building dwellers proclaimed, "We're much stronger than you. Kid. You need to take this. If anything happens, you need to make sure the door is blocked," a building dweller told Dan.

The door splintered open, leaving everything in its' wake. The Dead walked in, knowing very well that they had a new meal in front of them. Screams echoed through the dark and breached room. Dan quickly grabbed the grenade he was given, knowing to toss it in an arc to block the doorway. Rebecca grabbed her silver gun, screaming while shooting. The room was in utter chaos, and James was the only one standing still.

The grenade exploded, blocking any more Walkers entry.

"Everyone out!" James yelled, "There's a fire escape back here!" The remaining survivors ran out of the room and out the fire escape. Glancing back one more time, James slammed the fire escape door shut, making sure it was locked. He ran down the fire escape after the Group.

• Excellent!!!

"We're heading to Grayling," Samuel said. "Grayling? You mean we're in Michigan?" James asked. "We are, and if you want to live, you s

• Part Four out now!

Sweet

• The Dark Mansion

"Okay, who's left?" James asked, having completely descended the fire escape.

"Well, I'm here," Wilson proudly proclaimed.

"There's eight of us, and I don't know who SHE is," Samuel said. The Woman was tall and brunette, her hair in a braid to her right shoulder. Ryan thought she was extremely attractive and blushed, turning his head away.

"My name is Lauren," the Woman said, obviously catching Ryan's blush, "I'm Twenty years old."

"That's cool!" said Dan and Rebecca in unison. Smiling, Lauren chuckled at this.

"Hey, Larry," Samuel said, "We need to talk." They walked to the end of the dirty, garbage ridden alley behind a screen.

"So, what do you want to talk to me about?" Larry whispered, turning his head to face Samuel.

Larry was met with a punch to his face. Samuel began to beat him, blood on his body.

"You've been a piece of shit, and you're going die because of it," Samuel said. By now, Larry was just a bloody pulp. To make sure he was dead, Samuel shot him in the head.

"Jesus, Samuel! What the hell was that?" Ryan yelled.

"Son of a bitch was bitten, and threatened to tear my throat out," Samuel replied.

"Wouldn't be the first time you put someone down," James angrily spoke, turning around and leaving. Samuel looked at Lauren, feeling something naive in his mind. Planning ahead, he decided to help find a safe haven for the day.

"Goddamnit, Samuel. I-I knew him forever! You should have let him kill you," Henry yelled. Henry walked away, shunning Samuel forever. Samuel paid him no mind, focused on Lauren.

Lauren, Dan, and Rebecca were searching for a way inside of the graffiti ridden building that was next to the building they had just exited.

"Yes! There's an entrance here, everyone," Rebecca yelled. The remaining group members surged towards the discovered entrance. The Group walked inside, expecting a vast quantity of Walkers. Inside were the ruins of an abandoned Mansion. There were two large levels, both with faded paint. The staircase was very shabby, seemingly a rushed job. No flooring was seen; only carpets covering the ground. Lifting them up revealed old bloodstains. The strangest things were the lack of Walkers and the presence of a Mansion next to a shared alley with a hospital.

'Someone MADE this into a Mansion," James thought, 'But where would the Owners be?' James, along with Ryan and Lauren, climbed the stairs and entered the only room on that floor.

"Go away," a little girl said.

"Oh my god! Everyone! Get up here now!" Lauren screamed. The scene before them was daunting. A little Girl, not bitten, was lying in the arms of her dead father. The problem was, his brain was intact, and he also had three bites on his neck.

"How long ago did he die, sweetie?" Henry asked.

"He's been dead for an hour," the little girl whispered, "My name's Rosie."

"Stay calm, Rosie. We're going to get you out of this," Ryan said. No one said anything, but they all feared that the Father was a Lurker, or a Walker that sits around, acting completely dead.

Looking at one another, James and Ryan slowly reached for Rosie, pulling her away from her Father.

"It's all right. It's okay, Rosie," James said.

"Oh my God! He's moving! Watch out!" Wilson screamed.

"Graaaaaaaaaakg!" Rosie's Father yelled, pulling her neck towards him.

"Noooooooooooooooo!" The Group screamed.

• Onslaught Aftermath

"BANG!" a gunshot rang throughout the Mansion. Everything was silent in the seconds that followed. When the scene was processed, there was a show of hostility.

"Graaaaaaaagkk!" The Walker screamed, angrier than ever. It pushed the corpse of Rosie away and lunged for her Killer. No one stopped it, too horrified to act. When Samuel was about to get bitten, Henry grabbed a glass shard and rammed it through the Walker's skull.

"How could you? You bastard! She wasn't bitten you dumbass!" Lauren screamed.

"He doesn't care! Bitten or not, he'll ALWAYS look after himself," James grudgingly said. James, Dan, Rebecca, Wilson, Ryan, and Lauren left the room.

"Henry, I-" Samuel started to say.

"I should've let you die. I should've, but I didn't. Remember that, Sam," Henry said, leaving the room.

Samuel was happy that he was alive. Like James had said, he hadn't cared if the Girl was bitten or not. The only thing that mattered was his life, and, eventually, his Children's lives. That would come very soon. Besides, he already knew who he wanted the Mother to be.

"What's wrong with him? She wasn't-" Lauren broke down in tears, unable to finish her sentence.

"It's alright," Ryan said, patting her back to comfort her. Lauren looked at him strangely, but accepted the notion.

"Why would Samuel do that?" Wilson asked.

"Because he's a bully. He's only ever cared for himself. Never forget that, you guys," Dan said.

"Still, we need to keep an eye on him," Henry said.

TWO WEEKS LATER.......

"Are you guys still mad at me?" Samuel asked Lauren, "It's been only two weeks." Lauren glared at him, then went back to fortifying the Mansion. Samuel walked away, thinking of how he could keep the Group out until he was done with Lauren. He at last thought of something that could work. Jeopardizing a corner of the Mansion's defenses would make the group go to that spot, leaving Samuel with more than enough time to finish with Lauren. She wouldn't want him, but there was always brute force.

The Group was scattered around the Mansion as usual, loafing about for the day as they always did. James was loading all of the magazines so the Group wouldn't have to worry about it later on. Dan and Becca were kissing in the back, not caring if anyone saw them. Henry was checking the scar he'd gotten from the glass shard along with Wilson. Ryan was exercising, making sure he was in shape to push off any attacking Walkers. He was really only trying to impress Lauren, though. Everyone knew it, but no one stopped him.

Samuel waited until nightfall. When it hit, he made sure to loosen a board on the opposite side of the Mansion from Lauren. Then, he proceeded to talk with the Group.

"Why do you guys hate me? I did what was necessary. She was bitten! I saw her bite. She hid it from us," Samuel lied.

"Hid it?" James asked, "She had no sleeves and had a skirt, Sam. She couldn't have hid a bite from us. So stop FUCKING AROUND AND APOLOGIZE!"

Samuel made sure to act as if he was going to respond, and as he thought, Walkers were near the loose board.

"SHIT! Everyone come and HELP ME!" Ryan shouted. The entirety of the Group moved to the opposite side of the house; save Lauren.

Samuel was now completely alone with Lauren. He began to try and get to work forcefully. Lauren awoke, fighting Samuel, but he was much stronger than her.

• Chapter Six: Ryan's Stand

MOMENTS EARLIER ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE HOUSE.....

"Stab them and make sure you don't shoot," Ryan whispered. The Group pushed the Walkers back, obeying Ryan. "We need more nails! Lauren should have some. Everyone! I'll be right back!"

RIGHT NOW......

Ryan ran to the opposite side of the house, entering Lauren's room. Upon entering, he found Samuel trying to feel up Lauren. Lauren looked at Ryan with fearful eyes. Ryan angrily threw Samuel to the ground.

"You fucking piece of SHIT! You caused this!" Ryan yelled. Samuel only grinned and pushed Ryan into the wall, choking him. With one arm, Ryan pulled out his butcher knife and forced Samuel back.

"Oh, you aren't touching me with that," Samuel said, and tackled Ryan to the ground. Samuel once again began to choke Ryan.

"You dickhead! Just DIE!" Lauren screamed, dragging Samuel off of Ryan. She began to claw at him with her sharp nails.

"Get the hell off of me!" Samuel said. He pushed Lauren to the ground and was tackled through the alley by Ryan. Everything outside of Ryan's gaze was blurred. Ryan was out for Samuel's blood, and wouldn't stop until he drew blood. He began to choke Samuel with both of his hands, his gauntleted hand really contributed to the choking. "You really like her, don't you Ryan? Go ahead, have that whore!" Samuel said.

Sam pushed Ryan and Lauren away and out of the alley gate. He followed them out, intending to kill them, but Ryan pushed Sam into the Hospital Wall. He stood there, waiting for Samuel to retaliate, and turned his head towards the oncoming horde of Walkers. The horde was nearly to the alley gate, so Samuel ran into the alley. Before Ryan and Lauren could reach the gate, Samuel slammed it closed and locked it.

"Happy feasting time, assholes!" Samuel mockingly said, running inside. Sam never saw what became of them, and he didn't care about that. Hopefully they'd been devoured. Before Samuel went to confront the remaining Group Members, he picked up a gun off of the table and pocketed it alongside Ryan's butcher knife. "Hey guys! Fixed the breach, I think?" He joked.

"YOU!" James yelled, running at Samuel. "Where the HELL are Ryan and Lauren, Sam?" Samuel only grinned at this. "If they're dead, then so are you! ANSWER ME!"

"They got surrounded by a horde. That's all I saw of them," Samuel said.

"You tried to rape Lauren! Thanks to Ryan, you failed, am I right?" James yelled, "Wilson, Dan, Rebecca, wait outside if it's safe." They left, leaving Sam to James' mercy.

"That's right. You need to wait outside as well, James," Samuel said. James was confused by this statement. Whilst confused, James was locked out of the Mansion by Samuel.

"Don't even think about it Samuel!" Henry's muffled voice said, "Turn around slowly and unlock the door. Wait, what are you-? No!"

"BANG!"

CHAPTER END.....

• The Flight of Angels

"BANG!"

"Henry! Are you alright?" Wilson yelled. He was met with no reply.

"Guys, we need to get out of this alley!" Rebecca yelled.

"The Fire Escape! Look!" Dan said. The Walkers trapped in the Hospital had heard everything, and were attempting to break out. Thinking quickly, James decided his only option was to kick the door down, since the alley gates had Walkers blocking them.

"Guys, help me with this," James said. Dan, Rebecca, Wilson, and James all began to force the door.

"CRASH!" the Fire Escape door broke open, Walkers streaming out. The Group was in a panic, kicking for their lives. The first Walker down started to approach the Group. The adrenaline levels were high enough so that you could taste them. Every step the Walker took was like an earthquake, and the door was stronger than metal. The Group felt their inevitable deaths coming.

"CRUNCH!" The Door gave way, allowing the Group access to the Mansion, and also the ability to close the door.

"We don't have much time, we need to get the hell out of Grayling!" James said, "Are you listening to me? What are you-?"

"Oh my god, no!" Rebecca cried. The Group was standing, mesmerized by the sight before them. There was a single body on the floor, and it was bad news. Henry was lying down, dead on the floor, bullet in his brain.

"Samuel, why?" Dan muttered, hugging Rebecca tightly.

"He's an asshole, and we're going to kill him!" Wilson said. Everyone was surprised with his outburst. Wilson was usually a quiet kid, but something snapped. The Group thought it had to do with the Woman who had usually taken care of him: Natalie.

James picked up Henry's gun to take care of Samuel. He couldn't have left the Mansion; Walkers had surrounded every side.

"Watch out for Samuel. He's going to be in the house," James informed. Checking his corners quickly, James and the Group rushed up the stairs. What they found was an open window and no Samuel. "This is the way out! Everyone has their things?" When the children nodded, James proceeded to help them out the window as the Mansion was seized by Walkers. Keeping his gaze forward, James never looked back.

TWO YEARS LATER.........

James fumbled with his stopwatch as he usually did. He had never once given up on Sarah. Most people would have found someone else; James never wished to. He would forever be devoted to her. Her dying wish had been to raise the kids right, and he would fulfill that wish. For two years James had taught the kids about survival and of Ryan and Lauren's noble sacrifice for them. They had also all been living in the outskirts of Michigan, never trusting those they came across. The winters were cold, but that never stopped them. Any trees they found were cut and turned into firewood by James. More than once had James contemplated suicide. Ultimately, he had decided against it, for the Groups' sake.

"Don't move. Who are you?" A voice asked.

"I'm James, this is Dan, Wilson, and Rebecca. If you try anything, I'll make sure you fall to the ground before I do," James threatened.

"No need for that; we're friendly," the voice responded.

"Um, We?" Dan asked. Multiple figures appeared out of the snow.

"I'm David, and this is my son Jake. This here is Zara and Felix, along with Trey and Leo," David introduced.

"Nice to see some friendly faces," Wilson responded.

"Listen, uh, we've got a home not too far from here, so if you'd like shelter, you're welcome to come with us," Trey said. James, Dan, Rebecca, and Wilson followed the Strangers to their home. Along the way, Trey tried to comfort Wilson, who was noticeably alarmed. He was met with a shove from Wilson. "Okay, Geez!" Trey said.

"Here we are! Home sweet home. It doesn't look like much, but it'll be worthwhile, trust me," Jake told the Group. The Doors opened, and everyone entered.......

• Last part in production now!

Sweet

• edited November 2014

Finale: Ballad of the Fallen

Ryan was running for his life. A group of Bandits had forced him into the Woods after a theft. Ryan had stolen something of importance to them, but it was more valuable to him than it was to them. He had heard rumors of a teenager who had single handedly taken out more than half of a Bandit group, but had supposedly been killed. That was not as interesting to Ryan. What was more interesting was that that teenager had his STOPWATCH taken from him. Of course, Ryan had to check to see if James was still alive. Any clues to his status were invaluable to Ryan. Though he could not only care about his life. Lauren was his girlfriend, and he would do anything to protect her.

"WOOSH!" An arrow whizzed past Ryan's ear. Deciding that he needed to find shelter, Ryan rushed through a nearby window for safety. He quickly brought out his gun in case of Walkers. When he saw none, he hid, hoping to lose the Bandits.

"Hell, no man! This place is infested," a Bandit muttered, "We're turning back!" The Bandits left Ryan alone, free to explore. He needed to pass the time until they were gone, so he moved around in the room. Despite it being midnight, the room was still fairly visible. A bookcase had collapsed near a door, resting on something. When Ryan aimed his gun over the bookcase, he saw a very special Walker. The Walker was James. Ryan nearly dropped his gun. Even if he had, the door that the bookcase had been pushed against was closed.

"What happened? How did you- how did you die?" Ryan muttered, bringing his hands to his forehead. Observing James, Ryan noticed the bite on his right arm, as well as the hole in his jugular. "Jesus, man. We had the best of times together. We knew each other before the Community. Hell, we've known each other for our whole lives," Ryan cried. James was silent. Most likely because of the gaping chasm in his jugular. "I helped you get Sarah, and you helped me with Lauren. Without you, I'd be dead. I owe you my LIFE!" Ryan tried not to cry, but what he saw before him was too much. Ryan thought of all the happy times he'd had with Ryan. All that did was make him cry more. "I've got to end this for you, James!" Ryan took a deep breath, "Goodbye, old friend."

Ryan pulled a screwdriver out of his belt. He raised his arm into the air, and drove it into James' head. He couldn't bear to hang around in this room any longer. Ryan stepped towards the window. Before he left, Ryan put the stopwatch around his neck.

"You were the greatest friend I've ever had," Ryan said tearfully. He walked out of the window, heading towards Lauren and his Group.

The End. To continue the full story, read Clemyclooandbabyboo's interactive story.

• The Ballad of the Fallen (Full Story)

Chapter One Disaster in the Community:

“What the hell?” James screamed, “Get the-Get the hell off of me!”

“Help!” Sarah yelled.

“Goddangit! I’m coming, Sarah!”

The Apocalypse had been very sudden for James, allowing no time to adapt to his situation. When James thought back, he remembered very peaceful and carefree times. His time in the Community had seemed like regular life; No parents helping to raise Dan. Every now and again, James caught glimpses of the outside world. James had lived inside the Community, a large abandoned prison converted into a town, since he was nine years old. For nine years, James had lived his life like anyone else did BEFORE the Apocalypse. Those younger than sixteen were sheltered and allowed to believe that the World was still as it was. Upon reaching sixteen, children were taught of the REAL horrors outside the walls.

“BANG!” Gunshots rang out. The Walkers had breached the Community, and everyone was fighting back. James fired one of those shots into a Walker, not wasting any time to reach Sarah. When he’d reached her, he found her with a bite on her shoulder. Samuel, the school bully, had a gun pointed at Sarah’s head.

“What the-” Ryan said, just reaching Sarah, “Damn it, Samuel! Put down the gun!”

“James, don’t do anything-anything stupid,” Sarah said. By now, Sarah had begun to slump down, dying.

Gazing at her, James couldn’t help but comply, “I know. Samuel. Calm down, man. Think about the kids. If you kill us, there’s no hope for the Human race. Dan and Rebecca would be left alone. You KNOW they wouldn’t make it,” James said.

Samuel’s hand quivered. Obviously, he had never had to do this before.

“I’m sorry, James. We do what we have to do to survive. Something you obviously have no clue about,” Samuel said, one arm on a bite of his own. “If what I have to do to survive is cold blooded, then I will survive. Goodbye!” Samuel pulled the trigger. Blood splattered across his person, permanently scarring him. Sarah’s eyes were greying.

“NO! You MONSTER!” James screamed.

“Damn it!” Reaching for his dad’s butcher knife, Ryan sliced Samuel’s arm off, saving him from the bite. Samuel toppled to the ground. “Try to survive now, you cold blooded son of a bitch!”

“I’m sorry honey. God. I’m so sorry,” James said.

“Please, James. Live what I couldn’t. Raise Dan right,” Sarah said, handing James her old pocket stopwatch.

“I love you Sarah!” James sobbed, “I-I can’t do this.”

“You can do it. I know you can. I love you too!” Sarah moaned.

“God” James said, aiming his gun at her head.

“BANG!” James shot Sarah, preventing reanimation.

“Uh, James? What about-”

“FUCK HIM! HE deserves NONE of our help!” James shouted. Looking behind him, Dan and Rebecca were crying, hugging each other for support.

“He’s going to turn,” Ryan said.

“We’re not like him, and neither are Dan and Rebecca,” James said shakily, “Leave him to turn.”

“Okay,” Ryan said.

Hurrying, Ryan, Dan, Rebecca, and James escaped the Community, never to return. Once again, James thought back to all his time in the Community. The World would never be that peaceful again. If it did, no one alive now would be there to see it. The Community had been a safe haven, allowing everyone to learn of the outside world slowly and carefully. The last James saw of the Community was the Leader, “Sir” Harold Crawford. His left eye had been torn out when a walker scratched it. Harold had assured everyone that it was necessary. His remaining eye was gazing up into the sky peacefully. That eye would soon become grey and zombified. Harold had three gunshots spread far apart on his torso. What had remained of his right arm was slowly being devoured by a Walker.

Chapter Two Making Plans:

James was depressed. After losing Sarah, he, Dan, Rebecca, and Ryan had left the Community, abandoning all those poor people who needed help.

“HEY! WAIT!” a loud voice bellowed behind them. Quickly turning around, James saw and recognized Wilson. Wilson was eleven years old and had been friends with Dan and Rebecca. His black hair was drenched in deep sweat and his face was pale. James guiltily remembered that the Group had abandoned everyone, including Wilson.

“Wilson. Oh my god, are you all right?” Dan asked.

“I-No. I’m not all right. I just saw so many people-” Wilson didn’t finish, breaking into tears.

“It’s all right, Wilson,” Ryan said, “We’ve ALL been through a lot.”

“All of that was terrible and all, but we need to find somewhere safe to stay. We al know how the world is out there,” James said.

Glaring, Rebecca responded, “No we don’t. We don’t know anything about this. Apparently, both you and Ryan know!”

James began to speak, but he was interrupted by a voice, “Be quiet! There’s hundreds of them here.” Looking around, the Group saw three men.

“Hey. My name’s Henry,” said the man who had warned them.

“I’m Larry,” said another man.

“And me, well, you already know me,” said the third man, “After all, you left me to die!”

“I’ll kill you!” James yelled, propelling himself towards Samuel. Larry and Henry caught him, unaware of what Samuel had done. “Get off me! This little shit just killed my Girlfriend Sarah!”

“She was bitten, Nerd!” Samuel retorted, “Anyway, we need to head out now. Who knows what heard you just now? I was thinking we head towards the City.”

“What City?” Ryan asked.

Looking up, Samuel answered Ryan, “We were thinking about-”

Chapter Three City Dwellers:

"We're heading to Grayling," Samuel said.

"Grayling? You mean we're in Michigan?" James asked.

"We are, and if you want to live, you should come with us," Larry said.

"But, what's in the city?" Ryan asked.

"Someplace safe and easily fortified," Henry said, "We're going to need all the help we can get."

The Group walked a long time towards Grayling. Each one secretly hoped to find a safe haven somewhere in the City.

Two Days Later.........

The Group entered the decaying City of Grayling. Civilization was still visible, but was very decrepit. Walkers roamed the Streets, searching for their next meal. Spotting a safe location, the group entered. The old building was falling apart. Light from the moon shone down through the holes in the building.

"Jesus, man! I thought this place was safe. Not whatever this shit is!" Henry whispered to Larry.

"Well I didn't know, Jackass!" Larry responded, raising his voice.

"Click" came the sound of guns cocking.

"Stay where you are," a Woman's voice echoed, "We have you surrounded." Slowly, five figures emerged out of the shadows. "Are you guys going to be trouble?" The Woman asked.

As the Group began to assure them they wouldn't, a lone Walker wandered into the corridor.

"Shoot!" the Leader said. The building dwellers aimed at the Walker, who had now noticed them.

"Graaaaaaaaah!" It yelled, "Graaaaaaaak. Graaaaaaaahg!" The Walker was advancing towards the Survivors. The building dwellers hesitated, fearing an overwhelming number of Walkers.

"Shoot, goddammit!" The Leader yelled.

"BANG!" The Walker went down, bullet in the brain.

"Imbeciles. Now, where were we?" Said the Leader. Everyone else was frozen, expecting a horde. "What's the problem?" She aggressively shouted.

The Leader suddenly screamed and fell to the floor, being devoured in front of everyone.

"UPSTAIRS! NOW!" the Leader yelled. The Group and building dwellers ran up a darkened staircase into an adjacent room. Slamming the door, the Group struggled to barricade the door.

"Move!" the building dwellers proclaimed, "We're much stronger than you. Kid. You need to take this. If anything happens, you need to make sure the door is blocked," a building dweller told Dan.

The door splintered open, leaving everything in its' wake. The Dead walked in, knowing very well that they had a new meal in front of them. Screams echoed through the dark and breached room. Dan quickly grabbed the grenade he was given, knowing to toss it in an arc to block the doorway. Rebecca grabbed her silver gun, screaming while shooting. The room was in utter chaos, and James was the only one standing still.

The grenade exploded, blocking any more Walkers entry.

"Everyone out!" James yelled, "There's a fire escape back here!" The remaining survivors ran out of the room and out the fire escape. Glancing back one more time, James slammed the fire escape door shut, making sure it was locked. He ran down the fire escape after the Group.

Chapter Four The Dark Mansion:

"Okay, who's left?" James asked, having completely descended the fire escape.

"Well, I'm here," Wilson proudly proclaimed.

"There's eight of us, and I don't know who SHE is," Samuel said. The Woman was tall and brunette, her hair in a braid to her right shoulder. Ryan thought she was extremely attractive and blushed, turning his head away.

"My name is Lauren," the Woman said, obviously catching Ryan's blush, "I'm Twenty years old."

"That's cool!" said Dan and Rebecca in unison. Smiling, Lauren chuckled at this.

"Hey, Larry," Samuel said, "We need to talk." They walked to the end of the dirty, garbage ridden alley behind a screen.

"So, what do you want to talk to me about?" Larry whispered, turning his head to face Samuel.

Larry was met with a punch to his face. Samuel began to beat him, blood on his body.

"You've been a piece of shit, and you're going die because of it," Samuel said. By now, Larry was just a bloody pulp. To make sure he was dead, Samuel shot him in the head.

"Jesus, Samuel! What the hell was that?" Ryan yelled.

"Son of a bitch was bitten, and threatened to tear my throat out," Samuel replied.

"Wouldn't be the first time you put someone down," James angrily spoke, turning around and leaving. Samuel looked at Lauren, feeling something naive in his mind. Planning ahead, he decided to help find a safe haven for the day.

"Goddamnit, Samuel. I-I knew him forever! You should have let him kill you," Henry yelled. Henry walked away, shunning Samuel forever. Samuel paid him no mind, focused on Lauren.

Lauren, Dan, and Rebecca were searching for a way inside of the graffiti ridden building that was next to the building they had just exited.

"Yes! There's an entrance here, everyone," Rebecca yelled. The remaining group members surged towards the discovered entrance. The Group walked inside, expecting a vast quantity of Walkers. Inside were the ruins of an abandoned Mansion. There were two large levels, both with faded paint. The staircase was very shabby, seemingly a rushed job. No flooring was seen; only carpets covering the ground. Lifting them up revealed old bloodstains. The strangest things were the lack of Walkers and the presence of a Mansion next to a shared alley with a hospital.

'Someone MADE this into a Mansion," James thought, 'But where would the Owners be?' James, along with Ryan and Lauren, climbed the stairs and entered the only room on that floor.

"Go away," a little girl said.

"Oh my god! Everyone! Get up here now!" Lauren screamed. The scene before them was daunting. A little Girl, not bitten, was lying in the arms of her dead father. The problem was, his brain was intact, and he also had three bites on his neck.

"How long ago did he die, sweetie?" Henry asked.

"He's been dead for an hour," the little girl whispered, "My name's Rosie."

"Stay calm, Rosie. We're going to get you out of this," Ryan said. No one said anything, but they all feared that the Father was a Lurker, or a Walker that sits around, acting completely dead.

Looking at one another, James and Ryan slowly reached for Rosie, pulling her away from her Father.

"It's all right. It's okay, Rosie," James said.

"Oh my God! He's moving! Watch out!" Wilson screamed.

"Graaaaaaaaaakg!" Rosie's Father yelled, pulling her neck towards him.

"Noooooooooooooooo!" The Group screamed.

• The Ballad of the Fallen (Full Story)

Chapter Five: Consequences

"BANG!" a gunshot rang throughout the Mansion. Everything was silent in the seconds that followed. When the scene was processed, there was a show of hostility.

"Graaaaaaaagkk!" The Walker screamed, angrier than ever. It pushed the corpse of Rosie away and lunged for her Killer. No one stopped it, too horrified to act. When Samuel was about to get bitten, Henry grabbed a glass shard and rammed it through the Walker's skull.

"How could you? You bastard! She wasn't bitten you dumbass!" Lauren screamed.

"He doesn't care! Bitten or not, he'll ALWAYS look after himself," James grudgingly said. James, Dan, Rebecca, Wilson, Ryan, and Lauren left the room.

"Henry, I-" Samuel started to say.

"I should've let you die. I should've, but I didn't. Remember that, Sam," Henry said, leaving the room.

Samuel was happy that he was alive. Like James had said, he hadn't cared if the Girl was bitten or not. The only thing that mattered was his life, and, eventually, his Children's lives. That would come very soon. Besides, he already knew who he wanted the Mother to be.

"What's wrong with him? She wasn't-" Lauren broke down in tears, unable to finish her sentence.

"It's alright," Ryan said, patting her back to comfort her. Lauren looked at him strangely, but accepted the notion.

"Why would Samuel do that?" Wilson asked.

"Because he's a bully. He's only ever cared for himself. Never forget that, you guys," Dan said.

"Still, we need to keep an eye on him," Henry said.

TWO WEEKS LATER.......

"Are you guys still mad at me?" Samuel asked Lauren, "It's been only two weeks." Lauren glared at him, then went back to fortifying the Mansion. Samuel walked away, thinking of how he could keep the Group out until he was done with Lauren. He at last thought of something that could work. Jeopardizing a corner of the Mansion's defenses would make the group go to that spot, leaving Samuel with more than enough time to finish with Lauren. She wouldn't want him, but there was always brute force.

The Group was scattered around the Mansion as usual, loafing about for the day as they always did. James was loading all of the magazines so the Group wouldn't have to worry about it later on. Dan and Becca were kissing in the back, not caring if anyone saw them. Henry was checking the scar he'd gotten from the glass shard along with Wilson. Ryan was exercising, making sure he was in shape to push off any attacking Walkers. He was really only trying to impress Lauren, though. Everyone knew it, but no one stopped him.

Samuel waited until nightfall. When it hit, he made sure to loosen a board on the opposite side of the Mansion from Lauren. Then, he proceeded to talk with the Group.

"Why do you guys hate me? I did what was necessary. She was bitten! I saw her bite. She hid it from us," Samuel lied.

"Hid it?" James asked, "She had no sleeves and had a skirt, Sam. She couldn't have hid a bite from us. So stop FUCKING AROUND AND APOLOGIZE!"

Samuel made sure to act as if he was going to respond, and as he thought, Walkers were near the loose board.

"SHIT! Everyone come and HELP ME!" Ryan shouted. The entirety of the Group moved to the opposite side of the house; save Lauren.

Samuel was now completely alone with Lauren. He began to try and get to work forcefully. Lauren awoke, fighting Samuel, but he was much stronger than her.

Chapter Six Ryan's Stand:

MOMENTS EARLIER ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE HOUSE.....

"Stab them and make sure you don't shoot," Ryan whispered. The Group pushed the Walkers back, obeying Ryan. "We need more nails! Lauren should have some. Everyone! I'll be right back!"

RIGHT NOW......

Ryan ran to the opposite side of the house, entering Lauren's room. Upon entering, he found Samuel trying to feel up Lauren. Lauren looked at Ryan with fearful eyes. Ryan angrily threw Samuel to the ground.

"You fucking piece of SHIT! You caused this!" Ryan yelled. Samuel only grinned and pushed Ryan into the wall, choking him. With one arm, Ryan pulled out his butcher knife and forced Samuel back.

"Oh, you aren't touching me with that," Samuel said, and tackled Ryan to the ground. Samuel once again began to choke Ryan.

"You dickhead! Just DIE!" Lauren screamed, dragging Samuel off of Ryan. She began to claw at him with her sharp nails.

"Get the hell off of me!" Samuel said. He pushed Lauren to the ground and was tackled through the alley by Ryan. Everything outside of Ryan's gaze was blurred. Ryan was out for Samuel's blood, and wouldn't stop until he drew blood. He began to choke Samuel with both of his hands, his gauntleted hand really contributed to the choking. "You really like her, don't you Ryan? Go ahead, have that whore!" Samuel said.

Sam pushed Ryan and Lauren away and out of the alley gate. He followed them out, intending to kill them, but Ryan pushed Sam into the Hospital Wall. He stood there, waiting for Samuel to retaliate, and turned his head towards the oncoming horde of Walkers. The horde was nearly to the alley gate, so Samuel ran into the alley. Before Ryan and Lauren could reach the gate, Samuel slammed it closed and locked it.

"Happy feasting time, assholes!" Samuel mockingly said, running inside. Sam never saw what became of them, and he didn't care about that. Hopefully they'd been devoured. Before Samuel went to confront the remaining Group Members, he picked up a gun off of the table and pocketed it alongside Ryan's butcher knife. "Hey guys! Fixed the breach, I think?" He joked.

"YOU!" James yelled, running at Samuel. "Where the HELL are Ryan and Lauren, Sam?" Samuel only grinned at this. "If they're dead, then so are you! ANSWER ME!"

"They got surrounded by a horde. That's all I saw of them," Samuel said.

"You tried to rape Lauren! Thanks to Ryan, you failed, am I right?" James yelled, "Wilson, Dan, Rebecca, wait outside if it's safe." They left, leaving Sam to James' mercy.

"That's right. You need to wait outside as well, James," Samuel said. James was confused by this statement. Whilst confused, James was locked out of the Mansion by Samuel.

"Don't even think about it Samuel!" Henry's muffled voice said, "Turn around slowly and unlock the door. Wait, what are you-? No!"

"BANG!"

Chapter Seven Flights of Angels:

"BANG!"

"Henry! Are you alright?" Wilson yelled. He was met with no reply.

"Guys, we need to get out of this alley!" Rebecca yelled.

"The Fire Escape! Look!" Dan said. The Walkers trapped in the Hospital had heard everything, and were attempting to break out. Thinking quickly, James decided his only option was to kick the door down, since the alley gates had Walkers blocking them.

"Guys, help me with this," James said. Dan, Rebecca, Wilson, and James all began to force the door.

"CRASH!" the Fire Escape door broke open, Walkers streaming out. The Group was in a panic, kicking for their lives. The first Walker down started to approach the Group. The adrenaline levels were high enough so that you could taste them. Every step the Walker took was like an earthquake, and the door was stronger than metal. The Group felt their inevitable deaths coming.

"CRUNCH!" The Door gave way, allowing the Group access to the Mansion, and also the ability to close the door.

"We don't have much time, we need to get the hell out of Grayling!" James said, "Are you listening to me? What are you-?"

"Oh my god, no!" Rebecca cried. The Group was standing, mesmerized by the sight before them. There was a single body on the floor, and it was bad news. Henry was lying down, dead on the floor, bullet in his brain.

"Samuel, why?" Dan muttered, hugging Rebecca tightly.

"He's an asshole, and we're going to kill him!" Wilson said. Everyone was surprised with his outburst. Wilson was usually a quiet kid, but something snapped. The Group thought it had to do with the Woman who had usually taken care of him: Natalie.

James picked up Henry's gun to take care of Samuel. He couldn't have left the Mansion; Walkers had surrounded every side.

"Watch out for Samuel. He's going to be in the house," James informed. Checking his corners quickly, James and the Group rushed up the stairs. What they found was an open window and no Samuel. "This is the way out! Everyone has their things?" When the children nodded, James proceeded to help them out the window as the Mansion was seized by Walkers. Keeping his gaze forward, James never looked back.

TWO YEARS LATER.........

James fumbled with his stopwatch as he usually did. He had never once given up on Sarah. Most people would have found someone else; James never wished to. He would forever be devoted to her. Her dying wish had been to raise the kids right, and he would fulfill that wish. For two years James had taught the kids about survival and of Ryan and Lauren's noble sacrifice for them. They had also all been living in the outskirts of Michigan, never trusting those they came across. The winters were cold, but that never stopped them. Any trees they found were cut and turned into firewood by James. More than once had James contemplated suicide. Ultimately, he had decided against it, for the Groups' sake.

"Don't move. Who are you?" A voice asked.

"I'm James, this is Dan, Wilson, and Rebecca. If you try anything, I'll make sure you fall to the ground before I do," James threatened.

"No need for that; we're friendly," the voice responded.

"Um, We?" Dan asked. Multiple figures appeared out of the snow.

"I'm David, and this is my son Jake. This here is Zara and Felix, along with Trey and Leo," David introduced.

"Nice to see some friendly faces," Wilson responded.

"Listen, uh, we've got a home not too far from here, so if you'd like shelter, you're welcome to come with us," Trey said. James, Dan, Rebecca, and Wilson followed the Strangers to their home. Along the way, Trey tried to comfort Wilson, who was noticeably alarmed. He was met with a shove from Wilson. "Okay, Geez!" Trey said.

"Here we are! Home sweet home. It doesn't look like much, but it'll be worthwhile, trust me," Jake told the Group. The Doors opened, and everyone entered.......

Chapter Eight Ballad of the Fallen:

Ryan was running for his life. A group of Bandits had forced him into the Woods after a theft. Ryan had stolen something of importance to them, but it was more valuable to him than it was to them. He had heard rumors of a teenager who had single handedly taken out more than half of a Bandit group, but had supposedly been killed. That was not as interesting to Ryan. What was more interesting was that that teenager had his STOPWATCH taken from him. Of course, Ryan had to check to see if James was still alive. Any clues to his status were invaluable to Ryan. Though he could not only care about his life. Lauren was his Girlfriend, and he'd do anything to protect her.

"WOOSH!" An arrow whizzed past Ryan's ear. Deciding that he needed to find shelter, Ryan rushed through a nearby window for safety. He quickly brought out his gun in case of Walkers. When he saw none, he hid, hoping to lose the Bandits.

"Hell, no man! This place is infested," a Bandit muttered, "We're turning back!" The Bandits left Ryan alone, free to explore. He needed to pass the time until they were gone, so he moved around in the room. Despite it being midnight, the room was still fairly visible. A bookcase had collapsed near a door, resting on something. When Ryan aimed his gun over the bookcase, he saw a very special Walker. The Walker was James. Ryan nearly dropped his gun. Even if he had, the door that the bookcase had been pushed against was closed.

"What happened? How did you- how did you die?" Ryan muttered, bringing his hands to his forehead. Observing James, Ryan noticed the bite on his right arm, as well as the hole in his jugular. "Jesus, man. We had the best of times together. We knew each other before the Community. Hell, we've known each other for our whole lives," Ryan cried. James was silent. Most likely because of the gaping chasm in his jugular. "I helped you get Sarah, and you helped me with Lauren. Without you, I'd be dead. I owe you my LIFE!" Ryan tried not to cry, but what he saw before him was too much. Ryan thought of all the happy times he'd had with Ryan. All that did was make him cry more. "I've got to end this for you, James!" Ryan took a deep breath, "Goodbye, old friend."

Ryan pulled a screwdriver out of his belt. He raised his arm into the air, and drove it into James' head. He couldn't bear to hang around in this room any longer. Ryan stepped towards the window. Before he left, Ryan put the stopwatch around his neck.

"You were the greatest friend I've ever had," Ryan said tearfully. He walked out of the window, heading towards Lauren and his Group.

The End.

• holy shit... that fucking ending made me cry and put my story to shame... fucking 1000000000000/1 man...

The Ballad of the Fallen (Full Story) Chapter Five: Consequences "BANG!" a gunshot rang throughout the Mansion. Everything was silent

• It doesn't put it to shame. I think I should've spent more time on it. I don't like mine.

holy shit... that fucking ending made me cry and put my story to shame... fucking 1000000000000/1 man...

• really? i fucking loved it! also. i might be getting my PC back from repair tomorrow. so maybe we can get back on track

It doesn't put it to shame. I think I should've spent more time on it. I don't like mine.

• This is Just AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If YOU didn´t like YOUR , it´s better because the best writers are the ones who always push themself to writing better and better ;P

The Ballad of the Fallen (Full Story) Chapter Five: Consequences "BANG!" a gunshot rang throughout the Mansion. Everything was silent

Sign in to comment in this discussion.