5 Playable Characters and New GOT Characters

Comments

• Well it's kinda obvious that he's a PC since he is in Essos and it has been told that we get there. I personally don't see Asher as someone who would get to the wall. I see him more like the Euron of Forresters (if you have read the books). I think he will return to Westeros after lord Gregor and Rodrik die to claim the throne of Ironrath.

I hope Asher is a playable character, and that he is sent up to the Wall (since he was exiled). That would be very very very cool to see.

• Sounds like most agree we will play as

Asher

Ethan

Gared

Mira

But the 5th is a toss up

Do you think we will have to wait till the game releases to find out our PCs?

• Guessing the uncle as the fifth one, he seems like an odd one to include otherwise

beguiler posted: »

Sounds like most agree we will play as Asher Ethan Gared Mira But the 5th is a toss up Do you think we will have to wait till the game releases to find out our PCs?

• edited November 2014

The uncle's disappearances as the bio mentions sounds very interesting. I'm wondering how far he will venture. Possibly beyond The Wall, to Greywater in the Neck, or as far as across the narrow sea to keep tabs on Asher? Would love to play as a character who's dealing are much more mysterious than the rest of the families problems

Guessing the uncle as the fifth one, he seems like an odd one to include otherwise

• I hope his axe won't be that tiny.

I hope Asher is a playable character, and that he is sent up to the Wall (since he was exiled). That would be very very very cool to see.

• I'd be surprised if Lord Gregor didn't turn out to be one of the PCs. He has the haunted, haggard look of a man in power who's been forced to make one too many unpleasant decisions in his life.

• He looks like Littlefinger and Bronn combined

Pipas posted: »

Malcolm looks like Bronn.

• But he seems honorable and if there's anything George R.R. Martin has taught us, is that honor = death

I'd be surprised if Lord Gregor didn't turn out to be one of the PCs. He has the haunted, haggard look of a man in power who's been forced to make one too many unpleasant decisions in his life.

• Is it weird that I feel like I don't want any of these new characters to die? It's still early but I'm already rooting for them to survive in GOT.

• They just seem a bit like a carbon copy of the Starks. Maybe that's just how characters have to be in this universe, idk. They just seem, idk "done before" in Game of Thrones.

• Once again TTG is expanding on an already rich universe. Can't wait to play. Never thought I would be hyped to play such a lesser known house.

• edited November 2014

I wonder how many of them will be alive by the end of episode 6. My guess some will be determinant.

I feel Mira will be the "Clementine" of this game.

• Yeah me too :D I keep watching the pics and reading the bios and keep rooting more and more. Duncan Tuttle and Maester Ortengryn are the only ones I don't care about that much, not yet at least.

seanstin posted: »

Is it weird that I feel like I don't want any of these new characters to die? It's still early but I'm already rooting for them to survive in GOT.

• I wish that too.

ClemRanger posted: »

I wonder how many of them will be alive by the end of episode 6. My guess some will be determinant. I feel Mira will be the "Clementine" of this game.

• edited November 2014

Hmm.... I watched the teaser trailer again trying to find something. And well.... I'm not sure about the man walking towards the Wall but is it Duncan Tuttle? I mean it's shown from behind but the clothes and the hair look right. No idea what he would be doing there...and I didn't think he would be a PC...well of course he might not be going there alone.
    And in the beginning there is a man coming to Ironrath, looking wounded and he seems to be alone. Gared Tuttle? Maybe returning from the war, perhaps Gregor and Rodrik are already dead at this point.
    Mira walking to throne room to have a chat with Cersei is quite clear. No idea what those Ramsay scenes are about. I mean if one of our PCs must face Ramsay this early he/she is going to have painful season.

• It's Gared Tuttle.

Gared has served Lord Forrester throughout the long months in King Robb’s army, and is ready to be a warrior in his own right

My little theory: Gared will be the one to let the Forresters know what happened during the Red Wedding, which would make a nice intro and would explain why he's wounded?

Hmm.... I watched the teaser trailer again trying to find something. And well.... I'm not sure about the man walking towards the Wall but is

• edited November 2014

Yup, makes sense. I wonder where will he be going when he leaves Ironrath (the leaked pics). Maybe he'll join the Night's Watch.

ninoobz posted: »

It's Gared Tuttle. Gared has served Lord Forrester throughout the long months in King Robb’s army, and is ready to be a warrior in his

• Oh, how did I miss this thread? I'm late, dammit.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited November 2014

Ethan seems to be the most interesting to me.

• I definitely think Gared will be returning without Gregor and Rodrik to explain how they might have died. I'm still unsure about him leaving for The Wall.

Here's a few images that I've been studying as well:

Looking at this image of Gared does make him look like he's leaving for somewhere like The Wall...

Alt text

But, if you compare the man at the wall to Gared, he doesn't seem to have the right hair, clothing, horse...

Alt text

Who could this mystery man at The Wall be? I have to give this idea to IGN's rewind theater they found that this frame from the tailer has a man that is wearing similar clothing to the man at The Wall

Alt text

Alt text

This image is hard to tell, but it could be Gared, if it is his hair from behind doesn't seem to match the man at The Wall shown above

Am I reading too much into these? Maybe, but I'm just so excited!!

Yup, makes sense. I wonder where will he be going when he leaves Ironrath (the leaked pics). Maybe he'll join the Night's Watch.

• Yeah the first picture is the one I was talking about, wondering what is his destination. Seems to be his uncle Duncan and sweet Talia the ones who stand back there. And now that you mentioned it, it really seems to be the same guy in the second and third pic. No idea who that is though...

And no, you most certainly are not the only one excited enough to try to find some clues from the pics and the trailer :D

I definitely think Gared will be returning without Gregor and Rodrik to explain how they might have died. I'm still unsure about him leaving

• I really hope to play as the uncle .
    Really hyped for this game . tbh I was hoping for it to start a little before Red Wedding , just think how awesome it would've been to actually take part in RW !(well , story wise awesome not character wise :D)
    P.S : I want to see Stannis so badly , I would gladly die serving him !(even if it means a complete Game Over :D)

• Seeing Stannis would be awesome but I don't think it'll happen :( I mean Stannis is on the Dragonstone almost the whole season 4. Well if one of our characters actually takes the black we could see Stannis at the end of the season but I doubt it. If they make more seasons in the future it would be much more likely for the Forresters to meet Stannis....

Arrowtic posted: »

I really hope to play as the uncle . Really hyped for this game . tbh I was hoping for it to start a little before Red Wedding , just think

• edited November 2014

It could be Malcolm, the uncle who disappears "for weeks at a stretch". (cause of the facial hair, although he's got a scar in the poster :/ )

I definitely think Gared will be returning without Gregor and Rodrik to explain how they might have died. I'm still unsure about him leaving

• I wonder if the mystery of his character would be better served if we don't play as Malcolm. Though I would really like to play as him.

ninoobz posted: »

It could be Malcolm, the uncle who disappears "for weeks at a stretch". (cause of the facial hair, although he's got a scar in the poster )

• edited November 2014

All the characters seem very interesting, but I think Asher has the most intriguing back story.

• edited November 2014

Maybe that's the real appeal behind playing a GoT video game. It almost feels as if we're about to fight tooth and nail with George R.R. Martin's outlook on the world.

But he seems honorable and if there's anything George R.R. Martin has taught us, is that honor = death

• They have much in common that's for sure. Innocent pretty girls from north forced to get involved to plots of Cersei. But Sansa is a princess and a Stark and Mira just a handmaiden and a Forrester so there is probably the biggest difference between them. Mira is not as important as Sansa but that also means she has more freedom for her acts, she can fly under the radar.

• She would have to get her father killed, screw over her family and continuously be a spoiled b*tch for that to come to pass.

• I'm thinking that Asher has to be more than just an exiled son in Essos. By the end of the series he will have heard bad news of his family and take back Ironrath

• Yeah I've also thought his story could be something like that. And if that's how it is his return to Ironrath will probably be epic as hell.

I'm thinking that Asher has to be more than just an exiled son in Essos. By the end of the series he will have heard bad news of his family and take back Ironrath

• That or . . . he sees his chance to stake his claim amidst the chaos. ;) Either one works!

Yeah I've also thought his story could be something like that. And if that's how it is his return to Ironrath will probably be epic as hell.

• Yes the "Euron style" comeback would be just as epic ;D

Rob_K posted: »

That or . . . he sees his chance to stake his claim amidst the chaos. Either one works!

• edited November 2014

I really need to read more of the books. . . I tend to buy books for, well . . . you'd think stupid reasons if I explained (because they partly are). But needless to say I've tried to read the first book several times and I always stop a short while afterwards. No particular reason really, yet I own the first 4 books. Only seen the first season too. Currently, I'm on like page 165 of the first book, trying to get through it and I will this time, eventually. (I'm the same with games really, where I'll often drop a game part of the way through for no explainable reason.)

But, while I'm caught up on the major happenings in the show and books despite not reading/seeing everything, Euron is one character who I don't know. So, I guess it's time to do some quick searching!

Edit: Aha, Euron be a Greyjoy, I see!

Yes the "Euron style" comeback would be just as epic ;D

• Well the comeback is almost the only thing Euron has done so far in the books and there is not much told about him yet. A mysterious character but he will probably have an important role in the last books. Oh and he is a Greyjoy. He was exiled by his brother lord Balon practically for being a dick to their younger brother Victarion. Sooo Balon knew there was bad blood between them and after being exiled Euron did some mysterious adventuring in Essos until he returned...well that was mostly just backgrounds so I wont spoil anymore.

And if there are mistakes there it's because I have only read the books once so far, so I might have forgot something :P

I really need to read more of the books. . . I tend to buy books for, well . . . you'd think stupid reasons if I explained (because they par

• Thanks for the explanation. :) I think only reading the books once is quite understandable considering the size, though reading them multiple times is too!

I'm currently looking at one of the wikis. There's a picture of him in armor, with an eyepatch and black hair. Two firey squids there too at either side. Seems like a rather cool character. Can easily picture him being a rather . . . tough nut. (He left Essos before the game starts, I assume? Chance of meeting him, I suppose, if not.)

Well the comeback is almost the only thing Euron has done so far in the books and there is not much told about him yet. A mysterious charact

• Yeah well I suppose it might be possible to see him but the only problem is....he has not yet been seen in the show and for some reason D&D omitted the Greyjoy plotline from next season too, so it's not sure if he even exist in the show. And as we know the game takes place in the world of the show. Of course it might be that we see Euron in season 6 at least....I certainly hope so.

Thanks for the explanation. I think only reading the books once is quite understandable considering the size, though reading them multiple

• I hope so for you. I'd really like to watch the show, but we don't get Sky Atlantic in the UK (or at least our cable provider, Virgin, doesn't have it), unfortunately, so the only season I watched was because of purchasing the boxset.

Yeah well I suppose it might be possible to see him but the only problem is....he has not yet been seen in the show and for some reason D&am

• I am so sucking up to Cersei. And drinking all that wine she's offering >:)

• He can't go back, he must be our eyes in Essos, for Dany and her dragons? D:

I'm thinking that Asher has to be more than just an exiled son in Essos. By the end of the series he will have heard bad news of his family and take back Ironrath

Sign in to comment in this discussion.