Season One DVD Slip Cover Scan?

edited June 2009 in Sam & Max
I was wondering if anybody who has the Season One DVD from Tell Tale could scan the slip cover and upload it for me? I bought the retail box a long time ago but it didn't come with a case and I'd really like to be able to print off the Steve Purcell slip cover to use so I can house my discs in a nice DVD case.

Comments

• edited June 2009
    I was wondering if anybody who has the Season One DVD from Tell Tale could scan the slip cover and upload it for me? I bought the retail box a long time ago but it didn't come with a case and I'd really like to be able to print off the Steve Purcell slip cover to use so I can house my discs in a nice DVD case.

EDIT: No. Think before you ask something like this. The artwork is copyrighted, and a large part of the incentive for buying the Collector's DVD is the gorgeous painting by Steve. It would be illegal (and just plain mean to Telltale) to grant such a request.

No one in their right mind would share it in the first place, anyway, regardless of moral standards--as this is Telltale's forum. :p
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Whoa calm down!

I don't think anyone here is going to help, which is fair enough, since yeah, it's the box to our game which we're currently selling. :)

There are other places which you could probably ask that and we wouldn't have to know or care, though...
  • edited June 2009
    Jake wrote: »
    There are other places which you could probably ask that and we wouldn't have to know or care, though...
    ...precisely.

*takes a deep breath, and calms down*

My apologies.
  • edited June 2009
    I see. I didn't really see it as an issue as other DVD game covers are freely available elsewhere. I also do own the retail box of the whole season so I just kind of feel a little cheated and left out.

But fair enough, I'll search elsewhere. Thanks for replying. :)
  • edited June 2009
    I also do own the retail box of the whole season so I just kind of feel a little cheated and left out.

Do you feel cheated everytime something you bought is released in more than one edition? If so, wow...that's a lot of...uhm, "cheatedness."

They're just different editions. One's the Collector's DVD. One's the retail. The former includes exclusive (besides the print) artwork, and the making-of/trailers/commentary/shorts/etc. stuff.

The retail, apparently, included all this:
    BONUS full-size poster and CD with - making of video, trailers for all 6 episodes, bios, concept art, wallpapers, soundtrack sampler, Sam & Max online comic strip and a comic generator for making your own Sam & Max comic strips!

"It's not a matter of better or worse. They're just different."

...except, of course, for the fact that the Collector's DVD is better. :p Buy it.

Also, I'd LOVE an example or two of this "elsewhere" you speak of where game DVD covers are freely available (with the publisher's knowledge and permission). :)
  • edited June 2009
    Why are you fighting with me?

It's not like game artwork is copyright and anybody who scans it and shares it is a warez distributor. If you were selling it that would be far different. Like game soundtracks (unless the game company actually sells the soundtrack themselves). Specifically MIDI soundtracks. Although, I can see the difference here because Steve Purcell created these slip covers himself which is kind of a collector's commodity and that's fine. Even the retail boxed version of Sam & Max doesn't incorporate Steve Purcell's paintings but rather 3D rendered images. I just find it annoying that it didn't come with a DVD case or even a jewel case. I just wanted something nice to house it in.

Also, people who don't like to order online or don't have credit cards miss out. What it all comes down to is I just want a nice case with decent artwork. It doesn't have to be Steve Purcell's official painting. There's plenty other fan-made covers out there for old games in DVD cases (tons of LucasArts ones, which I've downloaded and printed off) which use the original box art and none of them have ever gotten a cease and desist. This site in particular has high quality box scans of all the classic LucasArts adventures...and they're available on LucasFan's own web host! LucasFan is a website that hosts many Lucas-related content by fans. I believe it's official as well. But don't quote me on that. Either way, LucasFilm/LucasArts are well aware of its existence and don't mind it there.

Anyway, I don't have an issue with it so this conversation is moot.
  • edited June 2009
    ...would someone mind deleting this post?

(mine, not Musically's)
  • edited June 2009
    I can see your point on this, Musically.. As I'm not allowed to order stuff from online at the moment either, and the cover in Collector's Edition is way prettier :p
    But.. yeah. I've come to accept it. It's a retail edition, and heck, at least it has Sam & Max on it, just in 3D. :) I plan to buy Season 2 as retail too, once it comes out. (At least I have the animated series box and the comic book to look at when I feel the urge to study Purcell's beautiful artwork. :D )

Plus, I bet you'd need to have quite a printer to make it look as good as the official. I personally haven't come to find such a device, but I dunno about you.

Anyways, I wish you luck with the other websites! Who knows, there might be someone out there who's willing to scan it for you.
  • edited June 2009
    Trica wrote: »
    I've come to accept it. It's a retail edition, and heck, at least it has Sam & Max on it, just in 3D. :)

It's not a DVD case, though. All it came with were two paper CD sleeves. Hopefully when Atari releases Season Two it'll at least have a jewel case...but I doubt it. Of course, most games being released now are all getting DVD case treatments, even PC games. So it might be a good possibility that Season Two comes in a DVD case itself! In which case I'd be a happy man.
    Plus, I bet you'd need to have quite a printer to make it look as good as the official. I personally haven't come to find such a device, but I dunno about you.

Well, my printer prints well but it's a cheaper affordable model. I've already printed out some other covers that look good but if I had actual photo paper or something it would probably look far better. It looks good enough for personal home decoration shelving anyway. But it would never be as good as an actual official slip cover.
  • edited June 2009
    ...would someone mind deleting this post?

(mine, not Musically's)

You can do it your self by the edit tab
  • edited June 2009
    It's not a DVD case, though. All it came with were two paper CD sleeves. Hopefully when Atari releases Season Two it'll at least have a jewel case...but I doubt it. Of course, most games being released now are all getting DVD case treatments, even PC games. So it might be a good possibility that Season Two comes in a DVD case itself! In which case I'd be a happy man.

..hmm, that's weird! Where did you buy it from? o.o Mine came with a DVD case. (yes, PC version)

And yeah, I'm positive that Season 2 will be in DVD case, too. It's most common for games, and I can't see a reason why such a big company as Atari wouldn't use it as well! :)
  • edited June 2009
    Did you preorder yours through TellTale and have them send you a DVD in the mail? Or did you buy it in a retail store? That's how I got mine. The only two retail releases I've seen are the boxed version and a small cardboard slip-covered jewel case which only has the first three episodes. I'm in Canada, though. Maybe it's different elsewhere.

Here's what the retail box I have looks like (the front over flips open):

517iabJYriL._SS400_.jpg
  • edited June 2009
    Ah! So Canada had one of those..

Yeah, I bought mine as a retail from my local store, just like you. Finland has only DVD-cased editions everywhere, from what I've seen.

Seems like it really differs between different countries, then. I wouldn't mind having that big (cardboard?) box, though! :p
  • edited June 2009
    @MusicallyInspired:

Maybe a browse through THIS thread might help a little bit.
  • edited June 2009
    Thanks, but that one's in German.
  • edited June 2009
    Thanks, but that one's in German.
    Sure, but judging your stuff on the Mix'n'Mojo forum, it looks like you might be able to create your own backcover.
  • edited June 2009
    I suppose I could. I just don't know what's actually written there in english lol. That DOTT one took a while too. But they're fun to make. I made ones for the King's Quest and Space Quest collections as well.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.