Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about, GoT Edition

Comments

• Oh I know, but since I just have one file right now I don't see the need. When I start new playthroughs I'll just start renaming them to "Canon" and then "Evil Choices", "Good Choices", et cetera.

You can rename current ones.

• edited April 2015

There are voice files for Father Tuttle, instructing Gared to find his sister/protect her/she needs his help. Looks like she could've survived :(

Here's a quick link.

• There's no sound for me.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Yeah, if you change your save file to a swear word in Tales from the Borderlands it'll change it instead to J1N Will Remember That, J1N's a programmer at Telltale, I thought that was neat.

JakeSt123 posted: »

Dunno if this is common knowledge but it's a new discovery to me. You can rename your save files, which made it easier to track my 'canon' playthrough:

• There's no sound for me.

There are voice files for Father Tuttle, instructing Gared to find his sister/protect her/she needs his help. Looks like she could've survived Here's a quick link.

• Ah, much better. Good find.

Try this

• Anyone seen this play out?

There are voice files for Father Tuttle, instructing Gared to find his sister/protect her/she needs his help. Looks like she could've survived Here's a quick link.

• I don't think it's in the actual game, just the files.

Anyone seen this play out?

• It's removed content but the voice lines are in the files. It doesn't actually happen in the game.

Anyone seen this play out?

• Britt is from a clan (or at least a very minor house loyal to the Whitehills) called the Warricks. He is also a follower of the Faith of the Seven, as he swore his vows in the sept.

Off topic: I don't think Ludd actually sent him to the wall because of his raiding, maybe when he heard where Gared was going via traitor or when Ethan tells him, he sends Britt rather than hire a assassin

• edited April 2015

I figured the Warricks were just a family like Gared's. Then again, I have no idea where most soldiers come from; just smallfolk, extended family of the house or what? Is there some sort of class between highborn and smallfolk that I'm missing?

Britt is from a clan (or at least a very minor house loyal to the Whitehills) called the Warricks. He is also a follower of the Faith of the

• the lowborn surnames just could be that so people know if they are their kin, but with no CoA or motto's.

I figured the Warricks were just a family like Gared's. Then again, I have no idea where most soldiers come from; just smallfolk, extended family of the house or what? Is there some sort of class between highborn and smallfolk that I'm missing?

• Yeah, I don't think Ludd gives a fuck about what Britt and the others did to Gared's family, as he openly expressed in Episode 1. I think he sent him there for him to just finish off Gared, sort of like how Roose and Ramsay sent that one dude (forgot his name) in Season 4 to kill Jon.

Britt is from a clan (or at least a very minor house loyal to the Whitehills) called the Warricks. He is also a follower of the Faith of the

• I though it was possible, but wouldn't Britt have let it be known that he had been sent to kill Gared? He's pretty pissed that he got sent to the Wall, and you'd think that he wouldn't have passed up the chance to brag about he was there to finish the job if that was indeed the case.

And Ludd wouldn't have sent him there. Roose would've, though. He probably isn't very happy that the Whitehills are more trouble than they're worth, and even if he doesn't care about them ravaging lands that still hold fealty to the Starks, he does care about how it reflects on him. So even if the Boltons aren't going to become the Forresters' new best friends, it seems to me like if they get back in power, Roose won't be that mad about it.

Yeah, I don't think Ludd gives a fuck about what Britt and the others did to Gared's family, as he openly expressed in Episode 1. I think he

• I named mine 'Original', because I feel like the whole deal with Telltale is that there is no canon playthrough.

Not criticising you btw

Dunno if this is common knowledge but it's a new discovery to me. You can rename your save files, which made it easier to track my 'canon' playthrough:

• A) when does Britt take his vows in the sept? I thought Gared killed him before he was able to take the black.
    B) then why does Britt throw a tantrum and get himself killed if he's there on a secret mission?

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

To answer point A, Jon Snow does say Britt had taken his vows and was now a brother when he's informing Gared about the mission at Craster's Keep.

A) when does Britt take his vows in the sept? I thought Gared killed him before he was able to take the black. then why does Britt throw a tantrum and get himself killed if he's there on a secret mission?

• The only time I can see him maybe bragging about it is right before he was about to kill Gared, so I figure that might be a little flaw in the theory. But no, I don't agree that it was Roose who sent Britt to the Wall. He doesn't care enough to get in the middle of two minor Houses and everything, it was most likely Ludd who sent him.

TabbyLover posted: »

I though it was possible, but wouldn't Britt have let it be known that he had been sent to kill Gared? He's pretty pissed that he got sent t

• I don't think what Britt did really had a major impact on the Ironwood deal. I think Ludd is just a proud man who couldn't stand with the idea that a Forrester squire killed some of his men and then gets away with it, so he sends Britt there to finis him off then desert the Night's Watch.

"I did duty to my lord back on that bloody farm and for doing a proper job of it, what do i get? Banished to the fucking wall." Ludd prob

• "I did duty to my lord back on that bloody farm and for doing a proper job of it, what do i get? Banished to the fucking wall."

Ludd probably sent him related to the ironwood? Maybe he blames Britt for ruining his chance to get ALL of the ironwood. Think about it. If Britt and his men were not there, Gared would of met his family and then go to ironrath.

He would have been there until Ludd comes in claiming for ironwood.

Or maybe what Britt did on that farm was more trouble than it was worth and he banished him?

Yeah, I don't think Ludd gives a fuck about what Britt and the others did to Gared's family, as he openly expressed in Episode 1. I think he

• Yea no. I just dont see Ludd sending him just for that, Britt would mention it. And all Britt says he got sent there because of what he did on that farm.

Pretty sure Ludd didnt like the heat that came from Britt and banished him.

I don't think what Britt did really had a major impact on the Ironwood deal. I think Ludd is just a proud man who couldn't stand with the id

• Canon is just what some people tend to call their original playthrough. No idea why, but I guess I adopted the term too.

I named mine 'Original', because I feel like the whole deal with Telltale is that there is no canon playthrough. Not criticising you btw

• I still think Ludd sent him there most likely to just finish off Gared. He seems too proud of a man to have Gared get away with it IMO

Yea no. I just dont see Ludd sending him just for that, Britt would mention it. And all Britt says he got sent there because of what he did on that farm. Pretty sure Ludd didnt like the heat that came from Britt and banished him.

• Ludd didnt even know Gared, Britt would even mention it he was sent.

I still think Ludd sent him there most likely to just finish off Gared. He seems too proud of a man to have Gared get away with it IMO

• Not personally, but he knew it was Gared who killed his men.

Ludd didnt even know Gared, Britt would even mention it he was sent.

• I'm pretty sure all the Forrester siblings have green eyes (in the game files you can find for example the texture "RodrikGreenEyes") like their parents. But yes, some of them wear blue.

rousseau posted: »

There’s a fan theory about the colour blue being a sign of death, decay and despair, or generally a colour of warning in the ASOIAF series.

• Rodrik's eyes are blue. The texture used when he had the blood in his iris during episode 2 was blue eyed. Gregor was blue-eyed too but the rest have Green.

Miklaus posted: »

I'm pretty sure all the Forrester siblings have green eyes (in the game files you can find for example the texture "RodrikGreenEyes") like their parents. But yes, some of them wear blue.

• Not hearing it.

At 7:46 listen very closely... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXCoJK2dCJg Does that mean that Lady Forrester is... A DUCK?

• At the end of Episode 3, how you treat Tom the Coal Boy can determine if he's with you when you get the option to burn the Ironwood Decree.

• Ooh nice find!

At the end of Episode 3, how you treat Tom the Coal Boy can determine if he's with you when you get the option to burn the Ironwood Decree.

• Gryff Whitehill appears to have a strange relationship with dogs.

During the meeting in episode 3, Gwyn will remark that the "dogs still whimper" when Gryff walks past the kennels. Later he refers to Duncan as "a dog to be sure, but my dog" before grabbing him roughly by the scruff of the neck. And if Rodrik keeps getting up in the final confrontation, Gryff angrily tells him to "stay in the mud like a dog."

So the implication is that he is (or was) into animal abuse, which is commonly seen as a sign of psychopathy IRL. He shares this hobby with king Joffrey.

• I hope telltale do not make him kill a dog. I'd go utterly mental. I have a horrible feeling he's gonna do something awful to Talia

ranger563 posted: »

Gryff Whitehill appears to have a strange relationship with dogs. During the meeting in episode 3, Gwyn will remark that the "dogs still

• Sam the Dog...

sunfell posted: »

I hope telltale do not make him kill a dog. I'd go utterly mental. I have a horrible feeling he's gonna do something awful to Talia

• Pay attention to the handmaidens on today's episode. Maybe seeing them in HD will change some people's minds.

• I have a horrible feeling he's gonna do something awful to Talia

He already did if you choose Royland as your Sentinel. The conversation between Rodrik and Talia at the end of the episode suggests she's done with being pushed around so I think we don't have to worry about her not being able to do anything any more. At least, not as much.

sunfell posted: »

I hope telltale do not make him kill a dog. I'd go utterly mental. I have a horrible feeling he's gonna do something awful to Talia

• FishySticks posted: »

Pay attention to the handmaidens on today's episode. Maybe seeing them in HD will change some people's minds.

• Sorry, but I need to laugh this off, by the way I already watched the leaked episode. LOL!

FishySticks posted: »

Pay attention to the handmaidens on today's episode. Maybe seeing them in HD will change some people's minds.

• Not really a fact, but Harys is basically the two Cleganes rolled into one (Gregor's stature and Sandor's body guarding the petulant little shit)

Alt text

• This guy is the real danger, not Gryff.

Not really a fact, but Harys is basically the two Cleganes rolled into one (Gregor's stature and Sandor's body guarding the petulant little shit)

• But that's illegal! How could you?

LukaszB posted: »

Sorry, but I need to laugh this off, by the way I already watched the leaked episode. LOL!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.