I am done with Negotiations!

I have recently finished Episode one and to stay the least that ending shocked me. Throughout the entire game I had been willing to negotiate and find peace, I had showed mercy and tried to stay alive. Well...I wasn't expecting to get a knife in the throat...A smack maybe but not murdered. I am officially done trying to make peace with these assholes, It's war now.

Does anybody feel the same way?

Comments

• Aye. Winter is coming.

• Yep, I feel the same. The fuckers, they have to pay. I'm beginning to think that Royland is right.

• Iron from Ice!

Aye. Winter is coming.

• I wanted peace...But...Those fuckers crossed the line with the assassination of the House's lord!

As soon as he made a break for my sister...Something was going to happen...Wasn't expecting what did.

Yep, I feel the same. The fuckers, they have to pay. I'm beginning to think that Royland is right.

• The North definitely represents the brutality of living in this vicious, vicious world. To survive up there you've gotta be tough. The Starks and The Boltons represented the two sides of that strength. The Starks valued strength as the responsibility to be just and merciful whenever one can be. The Boltons regard strength as the right to not need to be just or merciful.
    I WANT to be able to live like a Stark, I WANT to be able to negotiate and find common cause and peace. But we're just not living in The Stark's North anymore.

• Negotiations or no negotiations it will get bad either way

• I think the main reason that people think Royland was wrong is that there really isn't much hope of taking The Boltons in a fight. The boltons are just one house, and not even a large one. They have no banners to call. The Boltons are the Liege Lords of the entire North. And while, sure, maybe a good part of the Stark loyalists haven't recognized their rule, many in the north already have by this point. So, on top of a superior personal force at their disposal (the soldiers belonging to House Bolton itself) they can call upon however many houses they need to.

The question wasn't whether or not it was a fight worth fighting, the case for diplomacy was that it wasn't a fight that the forrestors had any chance of winning.

Yep, I feel the same. The fuckers, they have to pay. I'm beginning to think that Royland is right.

• edited December 2014

The question wasn't whether or not it was a fight worth fighting, the case for diplomacy was that it wasn't a fight that the forrestors had any chance of winning.

Indeed. Thats why I went with diplomacy. I didn't want them to have to fight them. But it seems now that war may be inevitable. They crossed the line by killing Ethan.

kgoodies posted: »

I think the main reason that people think Royland was wrong is that there really isn't much hope of taking The Boltons in a fight. The bolto

• Yep! Screw the Boltons!

(Good ending though, I really liked playing as Ethan but it makes sense from a GoT perspective that they killed him off and nice going on TT's part, killing off a protagonist at the end of the very first friggin episode! All in all, good freaking job BUT WHY???? I liked playing as Ethan :,( I hated Ramsay so goddamn much before but I hate him all the more now!)

• I knew it was all over for Ethan once Ramsay showed up. You can't reason with a psycho who tortures people for fun.)

Sign in to comment in this discussion.