Game of Thrones Ep1 First Impressions/Reviews?

What do you think of episode one of Game of Thrones? I'd love to know, Post a full, detailed review below!

My Review:
I personally liked it, probably one of the best episodes telltale has ever made for any popular series in general.
The story was rich and new, I never watched game of thrones but I still knew what was going on in the story.
I liked how they told the story from different perspectives, and already (Spoiler) unexpectedly eliminated one before the end of the episode!
Unlike a few previous games, it really did feel like some the decisions you made did affect the story, especially when playing as Ethan.
I didn't like Tales of the Borderlands as much as I liked this, and a big factor of that is because of the actual more realistic fight scenes, when rather in the Tales of the Borderlands the enemies literally waited for you to punch them in the face, Game of Thrones went back to the heart racing combat that telltale always made in the past. Unlike many games that accidentally do this, actual different personalities are created different from other games, (Other than a Ser whathisface who is pretty similar to kenny)
Most Characters you play as are very unique and interesting, but I think it would have been better if we played more as the squire, he didnt get much playing time, we don't really know much about him.

Overall, These are my scores.

General Story - 9/10
Character Development - 8/10
Combat - 10/10
Overall Quality - 8/10

Comments

• edited December 2014

I Thought Telltale did a great job capturing the Game of Thrones atmosphere and the style of Game of Thrones. The voice actors were spot on.
    The were many dialogues that kept me on the edge of my seat to see if I made the right choice a lot of them were grey and not so black and white. The controls for PC is still a bit clunky when walking around but that is to be expected from any Telltale game. I thought they did a great job of launching this series so far. Game of Thrones has a lot of dark themes to it and surprising deaths and the first episode definitely captured that. I don't know if it was just me but I felt like I was a part of the House of Stark a lot of the characters and Forrester House fills like Stark.

Some concerns:
    There were a lot of options in this game compared to Telltale games and it makes me wonder how much of those choices really matter.

• Story: 9.5/10
    • Character Development 9/10
    • Combat - 7/10 (as expected just couple QTE and move in a certain direction. Couple of misses were too forgiving). As expected in any TTG
    • Gameplay 8/10
    • Audio - 10/10
    • Overall Score - 8.7/10
Sign in to comment in this discussion.