What happens to House Forrester in next episode? (Spoiler)

After Ethan's death in Ironrath. Who do you think will become the head of the dynasty in Ep. 2?
Asher would, succession-wise. But hes far away in Essos so who would take the responsibilities in the mean time?

Comments

• Royland or Duncan will lead House Forrester in the mean time. They'll be pissed off at the Whitehills and they'll be training to decide what to do about them hanging out in Ironrath. I doubt they'll start fighting at them as they don't have the strong. I personally think we'll get to play Asher as well in Essos, as an introduction to him before we return home that episode as we need him to fight. Gared will likely join the Night's Watch, whilst fulfilling his own mission of protecting the Northern Grove, whilst he's at the wall his loyalty will still be to House Forrester first. Mira looks like she's getting herself in trouble, but might be trying something to the benefit of her family. Asher comes back at the end of the episode and won't stand for any of the Whitehall crap, they'll start plotting a rebellion against the garrison. Here's to hoping Stannis will show up in the next few episodes, because he's the only cause worth fighting for.

• I think that may be Lady Forrester, she does have a Catelyn's vibe about her. With her older sons gone, I think she'd be most likely to take charge. Whether she would rely on the wisdom of Royland, Duncan or the Maester (forgot his name), and how much she'd rely on them, it's hard to say, but I don't think she would just let any one of them take charge of the house, despite the Sentinel thing.

• edited December 2014

Technically Ryon would/should become head of the family. He is next in line since Asher is exiled.

Edit: Just remember Ryon was taken. In that case whoever the sentinel is would take over I think.(in my case Duncan)

• Whatever does happen to the Forresters, I assume it's nothing good. The next in line now is Ryon and he's abducted, leaving no male heir to currently take the seat. I'm assuming that either one of the sentinels will take charge, depending on who you chose (a good way to show that your decisions DO matter) or Lady Forrester will override them both and take the seat.

I also have a feeling Asher won't be so quick to leave Essos. If his first action in the game is to get the message and then leave for Westeros, then, well, we lose our only POV character in Essos. Then again, the journey there is long, so we might get to play as him before his uncle shows up with the request.

• edited December 2014

i generally assume Elissa should take the role, any time she says something, everyone else seems to treat it like she's the head of the house.

also, how about talia? she's Ethan's Twin sister, same age as him, he was given some actual Authority at his age, why not her?(well, i guess the "she's a women" thing is kinda glaring, stupid sexist westerosi society)

• I thought about Talia too, but she seems kind of soft-hearted so far, I'm not sure if she could handle the job. I do believe Northern ladies can be tough when needed though, hopefully we'll see more of her story later.

Choombi posted: »

i generally assume Elissa should take the role, any time she says something, everyone else seems to treat it like she's the head of the hous

• Westerosi law dictates that a female heir can only assume control of the house if all the male heirs are dead or otherwise abolished of their rights. And even then, once they marry, the seat goes to their husband and later, the pair's children (male heirs again).
    So by that rationale, Ryon is now the Lord, but he's in captivity. Next in line, in this case, would be Mira. In this situation the Crown could easily take over Ironrath. They just need to instruct Ramsay to murder Ryon and then marry Mira, whom they've conveniently got at hand, to some loyal southron lord. Bam, Ironrath is his by right.

Choombi posted: »

i generally assume Elissa should take the role, any time she says something, everyone else seems to treat it like she's the head of the hous

Sign in to comment in this discussion.