No guards in the Forrester hall?

What the title says. Probably the only illogical thing that bothered me in my playthrough. How come there wasn't a single pair of guards in the Forrester hall during the meeting between Ramsay and Ethan, especially considering none of them trust Ramsay and know of his volatile temper? Not to mention, Royland being generally useless, despite being my Sentinel. The moment I saw Ethan get stabbed, I expected Royland to rush in and murder at least a few of the soldiers, despite being overwhelmed, what with his legendary temper and all, but he kept his cool, somehow. But really, it seems weird that they (the Forresters) overlooked such a thing.

Comments

• Exactly what I was thinking. Everyone knows what a maniac Ramsay is, and as soon as he walked in I knew someone would die. Just didn't expected it to be the POV character:D

• Just watched the scene again and I was a little mistaken. There WERE two guards in the hall, but they were standing in the far back, by the door. Still, doesn't seem like a healthy amount, given the potentially volatile situation. Ramsay is known to be savage in battle and he and the other guy were allowed to keep their weapons. They really thought just two guards were going to cut it?

• What would they do? Kill the Warden's son? Unless you wanted to be hostile with him, I see no point in having a lot of soldiers in the Hall. It would make things much worse if they had to resort to violence, they could all be marked as traitors and end up dead. Now only Ethan is dead, and the rest are captives, but at least they are alive.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.