Season Three COULD Still be 2009

edited June 2009 in Sam & Max
Think about it. W&G won't be over when MI begins. We could still see Sam and Max in October, November, December realistically, if they are this consistent.

Comments

• edited June 2009
    I don't know, it would make more sense to be released after monkey island. So I'm prepared to wait til 2010 I guess.
  • edited June 2009
    Hero1 wrote: »
    I don't know, it would make more sense to be released after monkey island. So I'm prepared to wait til 2010 I guess.

There's a nice opportunity to do the same scheduling as with the first two seasons - Nov, Jan, Feb ... :)
  • edited June 2009
    I remember reading an interview in the last couple of days that said they were aiming for a new release every quarter. I'd quote from it, but I can't remember where it was.
  • edited June 2009
    Shwoo wrote: »
    I remember reading an interview in the last couple of days that said they were aiming for a new release every quarter. I'd quote from it, but I can't remember where it was.
    That could mean 'new title', rather than new episodes of older titles.

However I remember reading (don't remember where) that the 3rd season of Sam & Max would be released in early 2009. Nearly a week into June and the 'first half' of 2009 is rapidly approaching. But I am used to game developers missing deadlines and ETAs so I won't begrudge TellTale who (as far as I'm aware) have been pretty good about launching new content on time.

And with new Monkey Island games to look forward to I think I can easily forgive any frustration I might have felt due to Sam & Max withdrawal.
  • edited June 2009
    I counted! If MI starts in July and it has five episodes then S&M should start in November or possibly in December (by telltale's logic). If some new series doesn't come up! :(
  • edited June 2009
    Normally theres a two month gap after episode 1.. so Monkey Island would be:
    ep1: July
    ep2: September
    ep3:October
    ep4:November
    ep5: December

Then maybe sam and max 301 in january 2010?
  • edited June 2009
    Normally theres a two month gap after episode 1.. so Monkey Island would be:
    ep1: July
    ep2: September
    ep3:October
    ep4:November
    ep5: December

Then maybe sam and max 301 in january 2010?

There was in Sam & Max, but there wasn't in Strongbad and Wallace & Gromit. So EP5 should be November, and if the next series (hopefully Sam & Max Season 3) follows as closely as ToMI follows W&G, then it can be a November release :cool:
  • edited June 2009
    I'm willing to wait until next year, to be honest. We've got Wallace & Gromit leading us up to Monkey Island, and then that'll take us to nearly the end of the year. Then it'll be Christmas, and there'll be an onslaught of other games coming out (from other companies), allowing Sam & Max to open 2010 with a bang!
  • edited June 2009
    They could release in overlapping schedules, you know. IIRC I heard they were planning to do that this year in some podcast a while back. Frankly, I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about Sam & Max out of E3. I'll be very disappointed if there isn't any Sam & Max in '09, that's for sure.
  • edited June 2009
    Harald B wrote: »
    They could release in overlapping schedules
    Hero1 wrote:
    Normally theres a two month gap after episode

True. I've only ever seen it like so in Wallace and Gromit (and they haven't even released the MI schedule, yet....)

But also think of it this way: Michael Land (or so I believe) is going to be composing the Monkey Island score. So, the five months that MI is releasing, it gives Jared some time to compose one awesome soundtrack for Season Three. Woo!
  • edited June 2009
    Ah, it was in the HotSpot podcast featuring Kevin Bruner. At 24:52 he says
    This year we're gonna have multiple series launching at the same time, so that's gonna be a first for us.
  • edited June 2009
    Normally theres a two month gap after episode 1...

No, not always, take Strong Bad, that didn't have a one month gap, so your logic is wrong, or not, Telltale might have to correct me on this..
  • edited June 2009
    Well Mike Stemmle is one of the lead designers on Monkey Island.. I hope they don't do them concurrently because there's very few people who can write Sam & Max and he's one of them. I really hope he'll write at least one episode of Sam & Max S3.
  • edited June 2009
    I'm just really surprised that they didn't announce Sam and Max Season 3 in any fashion. I mean, how bout like a teaser trailer, at least or something.
    If they are working on it anyway, they should've put one out to at least assure us all that it's definitely happening. They did do it for Season 2, kind of
  • edited June 2009
    I wouldn't worry about that too much... considering the megaton-level announcement that happened (Monkey Island) even TTG's best-known series would have slipped under the radar. They'll probably wait a few months and do a closer release to the announcement of the third season just like Monkey Island.
  • edited June 2009
    I think they'll probably announce it officially when its further along in development. They didn't announce MI til one month before episode 1!
  • edited June 2009
    I wonder if we'll see inventory combination in this one now as well.
  • edited June 2009
    I think they'll probably announce it officially when its further along in development. They didn't announce MI til one month before episode 1!
    You do have to realize, though, that this was an E3 announcement. We don't exactly get an E3 during each Telltale series.
  • edited June 2009
    I don't know if this is old news or what, but Jake did confirm in the Private Pirate's Club that Mr. Emerson Johnson is working on scoring season three of Sam and Max. And Chuck Jordan isn't working on Monkey Island, and Brendan Ferguson isn't either ... maybe we'll get to revisit the North Pole in time for Christmas?
  • edited June 2009
    Well the longer we have to wait the better, anything to avoid the horrible control scheme destroying Sam & Max :(

Atleast we might get an improved Monkey Island version of the control system, so that is atleast alittle better.
  • edited June 2009
    RMJ1984 wrote: »
    Well the longer we have to wait the better, anything to avoid the horrible control scheme destroying Sam & Max :(

Atleast we might get an improved Monkey Island version of the control system, so that is atleast alittle better.

No control scheme can destroy Sam&Max. Also, we will get a third iteration of the W&G scheme, which means there was / will be time for a lot of improvements.
  • edited June 2009
    Emily, any chance you could release the information of sam and max season 3 the same way you guys confirmed monkey island with a month before release.
  • edited June 2009
    No control scheme can destroy Sam&Max. Also, we will get a third iteration of the W&G scheme, which means there was / will be time for a lot of improvements.

You're right about that. Sam and Max is not about the control scheme its about the humour and the overall polish of the game. I personally think that the series is unparalleled in terms of old fashioned random yet clever comedy, reminds me of sitcoms before a lot of them fell into a streamlined invisible production line.

Good news about the multiple series launches Harald B. Sam and Max Season 3 will almost certainly be included and the other series should be another series of an older franchise.

I mean they have already launched Tales Of Monkey Island and Wallace and Gromit this year so it would be fairly unusual for a third new original franchise to be unveiled.

It'll be the second season of Strong Bad I reckon. Or they might surprise us with new episodes of Bone or CSI.
  • edited June 2009
    Apparently they were working on Sam and Max Season Three pre-production when LucasArts remembered it had great story-driven franchises that could be used to get them money. Franchises that haven't saturated the market with 50 Jedi sims per console.

I'm guessing Season Three will be the next thing after Monkey Island. When will that start? If we're lucky, we'll get a release similar to Monkey Island's. Monkey Island starts the same month Wallace and Gromit ends, and if it's not too much of a strain on Telltale to continue with that kind of momentum it could be interesting to see Sam and Max launch right after(or right before!) Rise of the Pirate God.
  • edited June 2009
    I'm guessing Season Three will be the next thing after Monkey Island.

For me, Chuck Jordan not working full time on ToMI is practically proof that Sam&Max are approaching. Besides, there were information droplets across the board by Jake and Emily that the 3rd Season is in the works - knowing Telltale's schedules, it would be very surprising if the first episode didn't surface early Q1, 2010 :) (OKOK, I know it was mean)
    I'm guessing Season Three will be the next thing after Monkey Island. When will that start? If we're lucky, we'll get a release similar to Monkey Island's. Monkey Island starts the same month Wallace and Gromit ends, and if it's not too much of a strain on Telltale to continue with that kind of momentum it could be interesting to see Sam and Max launch right after(or right before!) Rise of the Pirate God.

My guess is also November :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.