Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• Its called an opinion. Just because you disagree with it doesn't invalidate the critic's opinion.

Never trust main stream reviewers. IGN, Gameinformer, etc, are all giving the game 6's yet when you go to their comment section people are a

• What if episode 5 begins with a cut scene of you waking up, lying down in the dark, no inner monologue. You realise you're in the trunk of Jefferson's car. You can hear the rain outside from the approaching tornado. The trunk door isn't latched properly and you're given the prompt to kick it open. You emerge to discover you're in the junkyard, but the twist is you're playing as Nathan, not Max. It's early Friday morning, but the sky is dark from the storm clouds. You can see the tornado approaching in the distance, which freaks you out. You're not wearing your jacket and your face is bruised from the fight with Warren yesterday. You wander through the junkyard until you find Mr Jefferson in the rain, burying someone. You realise that it's Chloe and confront him about killing her. He says that Chloe isn't an 'innocent', but that he wouldn't have had to kill her, if you had taken care of it after the night you drugged Chloe in your room and she got away, that that was a stupid mistake and your father was right about you. That you've become a problem. The tornado is getting closer and stronger, bits of junk are starting to be picked up by the wind. You ask where Max is and he says he left her somewhere else. Rachel had a strange fascination with the junkyard, so it made sense to bury her here, and Chloe next to her, but Max belonged somewhere else. Nathan is upset by this as he didn't know Rachel was actually dead. He is about to attack Jefferson, but is distracted when the boat on the other side of the junkyard gets picked up by the wind and thrown towards the lighthouse (I'm not sure if it's the same one, but that would be cool). When Nathan turns back Jefferson shoots him point blank.

Then, you wake up in your room. It's Monday morning. Before you can work out what just happened, a text arrives from Chloe saying that she wants to talk to, and to meet her in the girl's bathroom. There's also another angry text from your father. And perhaps one from Jefferson about Kate. You freak out about what Chloe might want and get a sudden flash vision of the tornado, which hurts your head. You grab your gun and leave the dorms, having intermittent flashes of the storm in your head every so often. If you press the rewind button, you get extended visions of the future and the various effects the tornado has on the town, which freaks you out even more. Eventually the scene cuts just as you enter the bathroom.

Then we go back to playing as Max in the dark room with Jefferson.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Absolutely not.

• Does anyone know, if Chloe loses her gun to Frank in ep 2 and doesnt get the gun from Nathan in ep 4, when confronting Frank at the beach, does she take the gun Frank stole if wounded? (no one gets hurt option will always have Frank giving back the gun he stole) I was wondering if you could have Chloe gunless at the last segment?

Another thing is, Chloe uses Nathan's gun if she didnt get the one back from Frank?

• No, I reckon it's definitely Jefferson. Listen to his lecture in episode 1 and there's a point where he basically admits what he's doing. As for using the selfie to go back and change what happened in previous episodes, that's been a running theory for a while now. The selfie from Jefferson's class, the butterfly photo, the selfie from episode 3 and the one Warren takes before you go into the Vortex Club party are all non-optional photos, so it's fair to imagine they could all be used in the final episode. It's fair to note though, that when you go into a photo, you're limited to the bounds of that memory. So if you do use that first selfie, you probably won't be able to leave Jefferson's classroom in that memory, which may limit what you can change. However, I'm curious whether we end up doing an 'inception', by using that classroom selfie memory to access the photo you took for the 'everyday heroes' contest, before you ripped it up. Then you'll be able to go even further back and maybe talk to whoever took that photo for you. Perhaps it was Kate and you can warn her not to go to the Vortex Club party where she was drugged.

• Too bad, it would have been cool though.

However, I'd love if in the next episode they did something with that choice, like it comes back to bite you in the ass no matter what you chose, in different ways of course.

dojo32161 posted: »

Absolutely not.

• I think that is where they are going as well.

The end game is going to be Max having to make a choice between saving Chloe or saving the town from the effects of the storm, and the storm is probably caused by Max going back in time to save Chloe when she was intended to die in that school bathroom.

• I've been wondering since the 1st episode if someone was going to find her diary one day and see all her secrets. After episode 4 I think it might be Chloe. Finding out you let her dad die in order to save her. It probably won't happen (what with only one episode left and all) but it would be kind of neat if it did.

Trenchfoot posted: »

Too bad, it would have been cool though. However, I'd love if in the next episode they did something with that choice, like it comes back to bite you in the ass no matter what you chose, in different ways of course.

• You gotta admit, that's pretty funny.

• OMFG! I was like no way are they going to use watcha say and then they went and fucking did it!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Dear Chloe

• This was a pretty decent episode. It had a good opening and finish. I'm surprised how dark this game is becoming.

• edited July 2015

IGN's review is out and you should see the like to dislike ratio.

• That's my theory too, the final choice will probably be "Save Chloe" vs "Save the World".

• Mr. Jefferson "This is what happens when you don't submit a photo, bitch!"

Dear Chloe

• It was the subtle hints throughout the series.

For example: "I bet Rachel Amber slept with Mr. Jefferson."

• I'd save Arcadia Bay/The World.

Sorry Chloe.

Miklaus posted: »

That's my theory too, the final choice will probably be "Save Chloe" vs "Save the World".

• If you have the gun Nathan used, she doesn't take the other gun back.

Does anyone know, if Chloe loses her gun to Frank in ep 2 and doesnt get the gun from Nathan in ep 4, when confronting Frank at the beach, d

• She dies in episode four no matter what.

• Ah, so in the end she will always have a gun.

RhysAndLee posted: »

If you have the gun Nathan used, she doesn't take the other gun back.

• The fuck are those reviewers smoking, ep 4 was over 3 hours long and full with awesome witty dialogue, great amount of choices, had big impact from previous choices and took the story to a more darker and dramatic place.

• Not enough money 6/10

-IGN

The fuck are those reviewers smoking, ep 4 was over 3 hours long and full with awesome witty dialogue, great amount of choices, had big impact from previous choices and took the story to a more darker and dramatic place.

• Cope49Cope49 Banned

Hope ep 5 gets an early release date .

edited July 2015

Oh hey, welcome back.

Cope49 posted: »

Hope ep 5 gets an early release date .

• Guys, does Kate say anything important in ep4 when you go to the hospital? I didn't get that scene, cause you know.. :(

• She talks about how she's getting better and wants to write a children's book. Plus she helps you with Nathan's room number.

TheCatWolf posted: »

Guys, does Kate say anything important in ep4 when you go to the hospital? I didn't get that scene, cause you know..

• Cope49Cope49 Banned

Thank you .

Oh hey, welcome back.

• Thanks! So she does not say anything about the Dark room? Good. :P

She talks about how she's getting better and wants to write a children's book. Plus she helps you with Nathan's room number.

To add on to that children's book she wants Max to take photos for it.

Guys, does Kate say anything important in ep4 when you go to the hospital? I didn't get that scene, cause you know..

• Nope, I don't think so.

Thanks! So she does not say anything about the Dark room? Good. :P

So would this be a good time to stop using spoiler tags or are we going to continue using them for a little while longer?

• Oh I see. Thanks!

• I'd say give it a little more time. Just to be sure.

So would this be a good time to stop using spoiler tags or are we going to continue using them for a little while longer?

• I've noticed a trend with IGN: Whenever a majority of reviewers love something, IGN hates it. And vice versa.

After this episode, I have to say I'm starting to like Victoria more, especially when she dedicates her award to Kate.

• I have a theory too. You know how at the end of each teaser trailer they show a picture of something from the next episode? One of those was the photo of Max looking at all the other photos. If she's in them, she can basically go into hundreds of different timelines and figure out how to stop Mr. Jefferson.

No, I reckon it's definitely Jefferson. Listen to his lecture in episode 1 and there's a point where he basically admits what he's doing. As

• edited July 2015

I think Chloe will survive because if the photo Warren and Max took together. I can't remember if Max has the photo (I don't think it can work if she doesn't have it) but all she has to do is go back to the time of the photo and tell Chloe to stay at the school or not cone with her or something. It won't prevent what happens with Jefferson, but it will save Chloe. I also think a choice might come from this. We can tell Chloe to go to the barn and kill Mr. Jefferson, or tell her to stay away from Max. Because Max's rewind power won't work under the sedative she's under, oh wait, how is she going to travel through the photo under the sedative? Oh well.

• Anyone else having a hard time with the focus mechanic? Any idea on how to make it easier on PC version?

• I know just shows it's better to not listen to mainstream reviews. It's pretty bad when even their comment section is calling BS lol

• And to add on to that she wants to go on a tea date with Max and Warren.

• Yeah I noticed a lot of mainstream review sites like Gameinformer, IGN, and GameSpot are giving the episode 6's. Guess they didn't get paid. Meanwhile alot of smaller review sites and a majority of gamers are saying it was an awesome episode. Goes to show never trust a mainstream review site (especially IGN). I hope DONTNOD doesn't get discouraged and do a 180 just to conform to the mainstream reviewers. I don't think they will though because I think they know a majority of the gamers that played it love it :3

Sign in to comment in this discussion.