Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• You're kidding...right?

It was sent to me by e-mail, and it has minor visual glitches like thay episode 2 leak.

• Here's the thing, we'll get the Max on plane scene by Monday.

And no.

Killah posted: »

You're kidding...right?

• I'm ready for anything, m'Lord.

dojo32161 posted: »

https://twitter.com/LifeIsStrange/status/655395567854579713

• i must ask why the comment wasn't removed already.

It's spoiling a plot point goddammit.

Flog61 posted: »

Maybe jefferson takes a pixcture of max which she can then take back when she gets free? Also if there's a picture of Kate looking like t

• How can I be sure that you played a "demo"?

Here's the thing, we'll get the Max on plane scene by Monday. And no.

• Here we go:

Our choices in the previous episode may determine who saves us in the Dark Room, otherwise, we escape by our own.

We'll rewind to the very beginning to cheer Kate up since we know Kate will commit suicide and pass our entry for the Everyday Hero's contest. We win, and we fly to San Francisco.

-snip-

Killah posted: »

How can I be sure that you played a "demo"?

• 'Kay....okay fine.i believe you :-:

• And hawt :>

Miklaus posted: »

Max without her hoodie looks cool!

• monday 19th october at 6am PT trailer is coming!!!!!!!
    100% all teasers were released at 6am PT

• If anything, put this under a spoiler tag. I don't want to have the episode ruined for everyone.

• Temmie is here to defeat you.

You wouldn't hurt Temmie, would you?

Anyway, I try to stay away from that trailer until I have played the final episode of the first season.

• Avoid Youtube.

Asshole youtubers putting spoilers in the title,

Clord posted: »

Temmie is here to defeat you. You wouldn't hurt Temmie, would you? Anyway, I try to stay away from that trailer until I have played the final episode of the first season.

• I mean, if you've enjoyed LiS so far, you'll probably feel emotionally drained after finishing it (you know, that feeling of emptiness after you get done with an awesome book/video game). I'm playing Tales on release and LiS on Friday/Saturday because I have some exams next week and worrying about school after such an amazing experience would ruin it a little bit.

Wolfenus54 posted: »

Only 3 more days... ;__; Which one should I play first? The finale of LiS or the finale of TFTBL?! ;__;

• Well, I only enjoyed episode 3 and 4 but I'm probably going to play first the one that'll be released earlier.

SpineLine posted: »

I mean, if you've enjoyed LiS so far, you'll probably feel emotionally drained after finishing it (you know, that feeling of emptiness after

• edited October 2015

Life is Strange episode 5 is the final chapter of Max and Chloe’s adventure. iDigitalTimes spoke with Life is Strange game director Raoul Barbet and producer Luc Baghadoust about the chaos that occurred during Life is Strange episode 4 and what lies ahead for the unexpected indie game hit.

[This article contains spoilers from Life is Strange episode 4. Don’t say I didn’t warn you!]

Life is Strange episode 4 left players shocked to find out they knew the place Rachel Amber was all along: the Junkyard. Chloe is the one to uncover Rachel Amber’s body, which leads to her own death by the hand of Max’s favorite photography teacher Mr. Jefferson. Max now finds herself in a dangerous situation in The Dark Room.

You might have heard many fan theories about Rachel Amber’s death by now. Some fans had a hard time believing it was actually Rachael Amber’s body in the ground because they didn’t see her face. Sorry guys, Rachel Amber is dead.

“It’s her. There’s no doubt about it. We’ve seen some people on the Internet we don’t see [Rachel Amber] so maybe it’s not,” Barbet said. “It’s her but for different reasons. Regarding the age rating, showing a dead body would affect it.”

Baghadoust added, “The fact Chloe is recognizing her is enough. It’s just the way we wanted to show the scene with the music and cameras…We took a lot of time on this. It could have been not so great if [we showed her.]”*

The reveal of Rachel Amber’s body in the junkyard was an emotional scene for many Life is Strange fans even though they don’t know much about her. Max’s investigation in Rachel Amber’s disappearance has shown how little Chloe knows about her and raised more questions than answers.

“[Rachel Amber is] a mysterious person,’ Barbet said. “You don’t know much about her, but you can feel through Chloe’s obsession how important she was for us. You have the realization when Max dresses like Rachel and she lived the relationship through Chloe’s story.”

Baghadoust added, “The thing about Rachel is Chloe thinks she knows her. It’s not the same as Frank…As a player we wanted to make you curious and if you want to learn more you will. You’ll also discover what Chloe is thinking is not so simple.”

You’ll have to play Life is Strange episode 5 to see if Max can use her rewind powers to get out of The Dark Room. Max might not be able to save Rachel Amber, but Chloe might have a chance to live again. The decisions you make in Life is Strange are ambiguous in the sense you don’t know how it will affect the future. There might be something you did earlier in the game that will help you get out of The Dark Room.

Time travel is an interesting part of Life is Strange. Max can’t travel too far back in time. Her powers are limited to the situations she’s in, but in some cases she can pick up a polaroid and transport herself to years back in time. The DONTNOD team had many discussions about Max’s rewind abilities and how much freedom they wanted to give her.

“Huge question,” Baghadoust said, “We had a lot of discussions about [time travel] in a design point of view on a technical point of view. Of course we imagined Max could travel as far as she wants, but it could be difficult in…a design and creative point of view. It was important for us to have [a specific] amount of rewind for each scene. It means if you make a decision and make some choices you will have to continue to live with them. In a moment, you are obligated to make a decision and live with it. It was a part of the story and a part of what we wanted to tell with Max.”

Barbet and Baghadoust don’t know if a Life is Strange 2 is in the cards for DONTNOD, but they confirmed to iDigi it won’t be a direct continuation to Max and Chloe’s storyline. Life is Strange episode 5 is the last for Max, Chloe and Rachel Amber. Life is Strange episode 5 hits the PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and PC on Oct. 20.

• So that means the next and last thing we get before the release is the trailer!

• Oh okay, misunderstood haha.

dojo32161 posted: »

No, I'm saying that as a series as a whole, I think TFTB is better than LiS so far.

• So I know how episode 5 is going to end...

Max will save the town from the storm, look over the beach of dead whales and take in everything that happens, and then go "Well, Life is indeed very Strange"

• edited October 2015

So for me the official trailer comes on Monday and I hope really. Because the last recap trailer came every 2 days and in 2 days is Monday.

So that means the next and last thing we get before the release is the trailer!

• edited October 2015

I hope this is just your assumption, isn't it?

Demarcoa posted: »

So I know how episode 5 is going to end... Max will save the town from the storm, look over the beach of dead whales and take in everything that happens, and then go "Well, Life is indeed very Strange"

• It is. Max actually says "You know Chloe, life really is strange". (No it's not, I just made this up)

Miklaus posted: »

I hope this is just your assumption, isn't it?

• Pleaaaase give me the option to impale and kill Jefferson game, PLEAAAAAAASE!

Karnedg2013 posted: »

Т_Т

• [Kill Jefferson]

[Rewind]

[Kill Jefferson]

[Rewind]

MichaelBP posted: »

Yes, bash his face in and press Ctrl to do it again. c: Would do it enough times until I'm satisfied.

• edited October 2015

I won't keep doing that for at least half an hour, o-of course not... >_>

Lilacsbloom posted: »

[Kill Jefferson] [Rewind] [Kill Jefferson] [Rewind]

• I wonder how dark options they will give us in finale, if at all.

I mean, imagine if that photo Max took back in episode 1 class could play a role in ending.

Max desires that end justifies the means, travels back to that moment and kills that bastard in front of the class.

But yeah, I think they don't go that far with Max's character.

• Almost as good as, "You know, Ellie, we really are The Last of Us."

Demarcoa posted: »

So I know how episode 5 is going to end... Max will save the town from the storm, look over the beach of dead whales and take in everything that happens, and then go "Well, Life is indeed very Strange"

• Or the upcoming ending of E6 - "Truly, this has been a Game... of Thrones"

And then a bunch of grumpkins and snarks show up to fuck shit up.

Jake360 posted: »

Almost as good as, "You know, Ellie, we really are The Last of Us."

• I'm not smart with these technological editors. What does this mean?

LIS-SAVE-EDITOR

• Wait..hang on...they've been mapping how many times we've rewound????

Oh that can't be good..

LIS-SAVE-EDITOR

• Well I'm doomed, it was just too much fun rewinding every time something happened to Alyssa.

Wait..hang on...they've been mapping how many times we've rewound???? Oh that can't be good..

• Likely explanation is that unlike Telltale Games, they want to track a lot of factors in a case they decide to use them in someway.

It also could be that using rewind outside of story required moments could end you with a bad ending.

Hah, what a clever way to make people to do a second run, don't you think? ;)

Wait..hang on...they've been mapping how many times we've rewound???? Oh that can't be good..

• Oh my gosh...

At least I didn't warn Alyssa all 4 times lel

LIS-SAVE-EDITOR

• I REWOUND AT EVERY SINGLE MAJOR DECISION TO SEE ALL POSSIBLE OUTCOMES OF EVERYTHING

FUCK

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

Oh my gosh... At least I didn't warn Alyssa all 4 times lel

• Wow man...you've been busy.

I REWOUND AT EVERY SINGLE MAJOR DECISION TO SEE ALL POSSIBLE OUTCOMES OF EVERYTHING FUCK

• With her hair down, she reminds me a bit of Hermoine now that I think of it.

enter image description here

Except not as grumpy looking...

gomatamo posted: »

Good morning, everyone! Have some hair down Kate to brighten your day!

• edited October 2015

I don't know if this came up before but I just realized that David Madsen may actually be the good guy that will help save Max in episode 5. Maybe he knew about what was going on in the school and about all the girls that were being drugged by Jefferson and he wanted to install all the cameras in the school to collect evidence. That's also probably why he was taking all these pictures of Kate and was following her everywhere, he was trying to warn her. Maybe if you accused him in the principal office he won't be able to save Max.

In the beginning of the game I thought he was going to be the bad guy and I really didn't expect the episode 4 ending! Now the thing I don't understand and can't wait to discover is how Max acquired her power and how it is related to the weird things that are happening in Arcadia Bay. What caused the storm ? And what is the role of Nathan's father in all of this ? Do you think Max and Rachel Amber are linked in some way ? Only two days now before the final episode and I'm curious to know what theories you guys have concerning what will happen.

Also, what if in the end Max's power ends up killing her. She will probably try to stop the storm and maybe we'll have to make a sacrifice to save the city. In a recent interview the devs said that if there was going to be a second season it wouldn't feature Max and Chloe so could it mean that they will die or disappear in some way ?

• Barbet and Baghadoust don’t know if a Life is Strange 2 is in the cards for DONTNOD, but they confirmed to iDigi it won’t be a direct continuation to Max and Chloe’s storyline. Life is Strange episode 5 is the last for Max, Chloe and Rachel Amber.

enter image description here

What? No more Max and Chloe? Awww... ;-;

Life is Strange episode 5 is the final chapter of Max and Chloe’s adventure. iDigitalTimes spoke with Life is Strange game director Raoul Ba

Sign in to comment in this discussion.