Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• Not really. It felt very natural to me. I'd felt like Chloe had been crushing on her since Episode 1, and I think daring Max to kiss her seemed like a very natural way of trying to get a kiss from someone she liked.

Did anyone else feel like Max and Chloe's romantic relationship was kind of out of the blue? I mean , at least we had a little build up with

• And thankfully, I love how he explained the endings of this game, so every LIS fan could understand why this game is hated.

armis37 posted: »

Hehe, he really nails the sins as being humorous nitpicks, unlike Dartigan.

• None of the choices ever mattered. Sacrificing Chloe was the only mission of this game that should have been done EPISODES ago and sacrificing Arcadia Bay means you're such a complete selfish asshole.

Menofthe214 posted: »

I feel like the choices have had less of an impact then it should have had. For example, saving Alyssa( I don't if I spelled it right) 5 tim

• Why episodes ago?

AronDracula posted: »

None of the choices ever mattered. Sacrificing Chloe was the only mission of this game that should have been done EPISODES ago and sacrificing Arcadia Bay means you're such a complete selfish asshole.

• Because that was the only way to cease the tornado.

Why episodes ago?

• edited March 2016

I think there was build up before the kiss in episode 3.

Like I think the whole 'boys or girls' thing was a bit of a hint and also Chloe asking max about warren in the pool

Did anyone else feel like Max and Chloe's romantic relationship was kind of out of the blue? I mean , at least we had a little build up with

• every LIS fan could understand why this game is hated

And thankfully, I love how he explained the endings of this game, so every LIS fan could understand why this game is hated.

• For me, that makes it pointless to play LiS a second time.

Because that was the only way to cease the tornado.

• Tell me about it. This game was a mistake in my opinion.

For me, that makes it pointless to play LiS a second time.

• I hate this game, ok? ;)

SpineLine posted: »

every LIS fan could understand why this game is hated

• edited March 2016

sacrificing Arcadia Bay means you're such a complete selfish asshole.
    This game was a mistake in my opinion.

enter link description here

Tell me about it. This game was a mistake in my opinion.

• edited March 2016

But both GCN and Geek Remix actually like this game lol...hell even read that Dartigan liked LIS.

These sin videos are never truly meant to be looked at as hate vids on games or other medias.

The Nathan part is my favorite bit.

And thankfully, I love how he explained the endings of this game, so every LIS fan could understand why this game is hated.

• I mean you got people calling LIS a masterpiece and I even read some are studying LIS in college..lol wtf didn't expect to hear that.

IDK...I think opinions of what award should be won all depends. Plus, Tales and LIS are two different games with one fairly heavy on comedy and the other far my serious in tone. I think LIS would win a majority simply because it did or tried to do more in its genre.

How did it get the Best Story, Best Soundtrack, Best Character, and Adventure Game of The Year? Honestly I think that Witcher 3 or Tales from the Borderlands deserves those awards. I do like LiS though.

• edited March 2016

lol your using this choices mattering thing. Do you even realize whose company forum you are on right now?

At the very least most would agree that LIS has serious weight to a majority of their choices. Even the last one had people sitting thinking for a while before picking. Hell, I watch a live stream a few days ago with someone who was confident that saving the bay was right. Yet, literally was talking through it for like five minutes before picking. After wards she replayed the end and save Chloe and actually liked that better. Earlier this person was fully confident that she wasn't gonna help Chloe die in ep 4. She picked the third option and after thinking about it for several minutes she helped Chloe. Even after picking this person still was unsure..

So yeah opinions can differ and how we view choices mattering can differ. Hell, with some their opinions can actually change.

None of the choices ever mattered. Sacrificing Chloe was the only mission of this game that should have been done EPISODES ago and sacrificing Arcadia Bay means you're such a complete selfish asshole.

• Not sure if anyone else pointed this out yet, but, apparently in Ep. 1, there was gonna be a choice for to Max to either immediately get in Chloe's truck and escape Nathan or help Warren by getting Nathan off him and then get in Chloe's truck. The proof is on this video at 2:10.

If this was a choice, would you have done it?

• "some are studying LIS in college."

Where did you read that?

I mean you got people calling LIS a masterpiece and I even read some are studying LIS in college..lol wtf didn't expect to hear that. IDK

• I wouldn't let Nathan beat the crap out of Warren. It didn't happen because this game makes us hate Max so much

Not sure if anyone else pointed this out yet, but, apparently in Ep. 1, there was gonna be a choice for to Max to either immediately get in

• Agreed.

For me, that makes it pointless to play LiS a second time.

• I remember seeing at least two post online where a student posted a image of her teacher with LIS projected on the big board. Then there was another one that also was posted. Could be the same person but im not sure. I think there was something else concerning a college picking LIS for something but I'm not sure what it was. It was all over twitter though.

"some are studying LIS in college." Where did you read that?

• This sound a little bit violent but I will kick Nathan right in the face

Not sure if anyone else pointed this out yet, but, apparently in Ep. 1, there was gonna be a choice for to Max to either immediately get in

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

I believe The Walking Dead was also being studied in some schools as well.

I remember seeing at least two post online where a student posted a image of her teacher with LIS projected on the big board. Then there was

• At the very least most would agree that LIS has serious weight to a majority of their choices

But only in the very moment. Best example is the first choice in EP. 4. Sure it feels gutwrenching in the moment, But Then you realised, that it's bullshit, Because you Go back in time. And it's one of the major choices. LiS lacks in the choices Even more so, than the Telltale games.

But hey! You can chose your own breakfast! Two times!

Im honest here. I don't really care about choices or something, If the story is well written enough. And LiS is imo not well written. #Sadface #InsaneInMyBrain.

lol your using this choices mattering thing. Do you even realize whose company forum you are on right now? At the very least most would a

• Yeah, I felt like there was no romantic chemistry between them at all.

They felt like just really good friends.

• The more I looked at and thought of that statement, the bigger giggles I broke into.

JawaEater posted: »

This game has one flaw that's pretty serious, she got time travel powers to learn the important lesson that she shouldn't change the past.

• "Oh! Aaaand no good ending for lesbians." Ding!

Video end

GCN made one video with this game. It's better than Dartigan's. Enjoy enter link description here

• I don't agree that LIS lacks in choices more than TTG does.

There are various things that can happen that may not happen at all in your playthrough if you don't choose that option. One of them being Chloe not showing your her gun in her room. When i talk about weight on choices...I mean how they are always referenced back to throughout the game. Like if you let David slapped the fuck out of Chloe in the beginning. Max will constantly reference back to that and I think stuff like that is what TTG lacks.

I think most agree that Until Dawn and LIS did their genre a great service in 2015. TTG still puts out solid games and I'm not knocking them because as it should be known. I greatly enjoy their games and consider TWD series to be one of the best possibly ever made.

GSSalvador posted: »

At the very least most would agree that LIS has serious weight to a majority of their choices But only in the very moment. Best exam

• Cya Warren.

Honestly, at that point it wouldn't really fit Max character to even be willingly to do that. Plus, reading her journal/diary at that point she pretty much is annoyed with Warren.

Plus, I was hungry and wanted to eat Chloe.

• They should...TTG did a amazing job on the first season.

dojo32161 posted: »

I believe The Walking Dead was also being studied in some schools as well.

• edited March 2016

As someone that is completely unbiased on both ships because I really don't care for either of them,

I didn't really see a buildup with Warren. It was shown from episode 1 that they had a one-sided relationship. You don't spend enough time with him to let the buildup happen. Whereas Max and Chloe do spend a lot of time together for that to concur. Plus you would often hear Max's inner thoughts and how much she admires Chloe in general. And I guess spending all that time trying to save Chloe must have made her feel for her more. That dare kiss was pretty much an opening for Max to convey how she truly feels about Chloe. And if the player isn't feeling up to this ship, they can always settle for Warren, who's obsessively waiting for you to answer his call or choose not to kiss any of them. (That's a thing right?? If you don't kiss Chloe and just hug/leave Warren, the game won't force you to kiss Chloe at the end, right?)

As far as why I don't care for either is because Chloe is kinda toxic (Yeah, I understand that she lost her dad and that Rachel and Max have left her but that doesn't give her the excuse to be horrible to other people. I appreciate that she gave an apology if Kate lives tho. I'll give her props for that.) and Warren isn't all that interesting.

• I'd stop Nathan. I mean, Warren isn't my favorite character but he doesn't deserve to get beaten down like that. Especially when he was trying to save you.

• Well, Yeah. I Replayed LiS with different choices, But i didn't find anything new, except Kate in EP. 4. sure some dialogues were a little bit different, but it's nothing New in the genre.

I don't agree that LIS lacks in choices more than TTG does. There are various things that can happen that may not happen at all in your p

• And LiS is imo not well written.

Same here. The dialogue is a real sticking point. It got better bit by bit in later episodes, but there were plenty of times where the dialogue became laughable. It also didn't help that the voice acting was not always the greatest imo.

At the very least most would agree that LIS has serious weight to a majority of their choices But only in the very moment. Best exam

• Great video.

GCN made one video with this game. It's better than Dartigan's. Enjoy enter link description here

• I actually like the japanese voice actrice for Chloe more

enter link description here

• Everyone wants representation in their video games no matter what.

• This is something that I have been thinking about for a while now, and would like to hear from other people's perspectives on this.

Right at the moment that Max showed Chloe proof of Rachel being in a relationship with Frank, what if Max had gotten another nosebleed and starts losing consciousness from overusing the rewind again and had to bail out in a hurry? (I kinda thought it was due to happen during my first time playing episode 3 after using the rewind too much on Frank, Nathan and Officer Berry in the diner.)

I mean, I feel like if that did happen, then maybe Chloe wouldn't have taken out all her rage on Max the way she did in her meltdown.

• Guess we will have to disagree then.

Well, Yeah. I Replayed LiS with different choices, But i didn't find anything new, except Kate in EP. 4. sure some dialogues were a little bit different, but it's nothing New in the genre.

• Today is now Chloe Price's birthday.

enter image description here
    Happy hella birthday, Chloe!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.