I Have No Doubt That Minecraft will be great

As most of you know, Minecraft: Story Mode was announced by Telltale today. The news has been met with mixed reactions with some super excited, some skeptical, and some just flat out pissed. I fall on the side of super excited. Now, I have never personally played Mincecraft. I know basic things about it, but not much. When I first heard that Telltale was making a game based off of the FPS Borderlands, I thought they were playing a joke. I thought that TFTB was going to be GOD AWFUL! Oh how wrong I was. They managed to take a pretty good FPS, turn it into a non-FPS adventure game, and make It into one of the most hilarious and brilliant games of the year. If they can do that with Borderlands, they can do it with Minecraft. I have 100% faith in anything Telltale can do. I have never been let down by anything since I discovered them when TWD S1 first came out. They have created stories that have changed my life and made me cry(Walking Dead), made my imagination run wild(The Wolf Among Us), make me laugh my ass off(Tales From the Borderlands), and make me stand up and scream in shock(Game of Thrones). I'm not sure which category Minecraft will fall into, but I know that if it's Telltale, it's going to be good.

Comments

• I have no opinion on the matter, but shouldn't this actually be in the Minecraft section itself?

• Shouldn't this be in the Minecraft section?

• Indeed, it should be! I'll move it.

Shouldn't this be in the Minecraft section?

• I think it will be good.

• Dumbest idea ever.....

• While I agree with the notion that TTG has a whole lake of other possibly much more intriguing franchises to choose from. I think they have something clever in mine for Mine Craft. Might even turn out better than **Tales from the Borderlands. ** What many currently feel for Mine Craft, I certainly felt for Borderlands. They might do great with the Mine Craft title.

• Seeing this section took me by surprise, but I refrain judgment until the game is actually out.

• I think there's probably quite a few people here saying "Minecraft has no story" and have not played the game enough to make that assumption. There is a backstory to it, there's just only a few signs of it. Monsters roam the world at night, terrorizing villages and humans. Where do they come from? What is their purpose? Are they controlled by someone or something. And there's the strange abandoned structures such as pyramids, temples, strongholds and mineshafts. Someone must have built them, but who? What for? Are these connected? There are remains of human settlement all across the Minecraft world, and it's plenty for any talented writer to make a story out of.

• Exactly, one thing I'm surprised no one has made a story about is the lonely fact of the game; you're the ONLY human across this barren world (no multiplayer doesn't count), sure there are animals and you can tame some of them and other signs of life, but they can't communicate. There are also villagers, but their alien, only being able to build small settlements and digging for water and having some communication to be able to trade with the player. But what about the people who made these temples? These strongholds and Mineshafts? Why does the stronghold take you to a black void island? Were there people here before who worshiped the enderdragon and built all these dungeons and strongholds for him? Why is there a broken disc in this abandoned mine that has the sign of another human who possibly dies at the end? What got him? Is it possible he was related to me or he was the last human on this world before or beside me?

When I first picked up Minecraft Classic, aka one of the first versions of Minecraft after Cave Game, I had fun of course messing with the blocks, but there was always this ominous feeling; especially since back then there were no mobs at all, just you on this square island surrounded by deep ocean water and all you can do is break and destroy, you could also mess with the environment by toggling on rain and you can even make the fog thicker or thinner and that's it. You're just stuck there. This is what Minecraft's backstory really is.

I think there's probably quite a few people here saying "Minecraft has no story" and have not played the game enough to make that assumption

Sign in to comment in this discussion.