Stop comparing Borderlands with Minecraft

I was sceptical of Borderlands I admit but its not comparable to Minecraft
Its funny sure but at the same time made for adults people only doubted Telltale because it was a gameplay only franchise before
BUT with Minecraft.. I mean just look at the design/graphics its made for kids (mostly) and its just not possible to make a great story from that material no matter how talented the writers are like someone said in another Thread its like if Telltale announced Tetris Storymode

Anything and I repeat anything would have been better than this shit
Even something like Cod (lol)
And the worst part is that they are wasting resources and precious time for it instead of working on TWAU S2 which many people
want

Comments

• Also, Borderlands has an interesting universe that Telltale could work with and had a story to work with, Minecraft simply does not.

• agreed it still had potential and Telltale used it perfectly
    (with its wacky humor and characters)

Also, Borderlands has an interesting universe that Telltale could work with and had a story to work with, Minecraft simply does not.

• edited December 2014

they are still wasting time and resources on something pointless

OverDrive posted: »

Just because they are making a Minecraft game doesn't mean TT isn't working on TWAU S2 you know.

• Just because they are making a Minecraft game doesn't mean TT isn't working on TWAU S2 you know.

• Wait until the game comes out. People thought GoT and TFTB was gonna suck but both turned out to be pretty good ( from what I've seen ). This game shouldn't take up that much resources anyway if they plan it to look similar to Minecraft. Mojang wants to add another element and actually give the game some sort of plot, other than being just a sandbox game.

Journey95 posted: »

they are still wasting time and resources on something pointless

• edited December 2014

@MetallicaRules They have some interesting things to work with like discs 11 and 13, two discs that contain a recording of what sounds like someone running from something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyoF1igxclY

• edited December 2014

Totally agree. I really hate the fact that they have announced this and there is NO NEWS On TWAU Season 2 AT ALL (and this Minecraft Announcement felt like a big kick in the guts). All we got regarding TWAU season 2 were the ambiguous answers they gave to Adam Harrington (voice of Bigby), which was really, nothing.

They are just keeping us in the dark (for months now) regarding TWAU season 2 news - that is not cool Telltale, sooooooooooooo not cool :(

• i agree they are not comparable people hated borderlands because they judged it off playing the first one (since that one had barely any story people were scared) but it had interesting characters and thanks to borderlands 2 it had some good lore minecraft has none and atm is marketed to kids they sell toys for kids under 10 in the shops near my place ffs

• Well this is very out of left field and my reaction was wtf, but in regards to TWAU S2, I don't think that is happening. It felt very much like a one season deal.

• So true. That's what I thought about "People expected Borderlands to be bad but it wasn't so they shouldn't expect Minecraft to be bad" thing. As you said, it's made for adult players. I was a little worried this game could be a little boring (cause I don't like FPSs) but I was totally wrong. But we all know Minecraft is for kids that will come to this awesome forum and destroy everything. At least let's hope this will be over quickly.

• yea but i'm sure the bone and wallace and gromit fanbase aren't like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsO-Td0hqXo

Jennifer posted: »

Telltale's Bone and Wallace & Gromit games were aimed at children (and were great games too), and fans of those series did come to this

• Telltale's Bone and Wallace & Gromit games were aimed at children (and were great games too), and fans of those series did come to this forum. They didn't destroy it though, they just added to the discussion.

Telltale has the forum guidelines and Terms of Use for a reason. If people break those guidelines, their posts will be reported, and the moderators or Telltale staff will deal with it. If anyone doesn't break those guidelines, they're welcome to post here no matter their age or interests.

GF1115 posted: »

So true. That's what I thought about "People expected Borderlands to be bad but it wasn't so they shouldn't expect Minecraft to be bad" thin

• Is everyone forgetting about the fact that prior to The Walking Dead, Telltale mostly did children's games? What's so wrong with a game for everyone?

Minecraft has literally limitless potential.

• Wow, running, they can make an entire story about running I guess, how impressive.

ps3gamer095 posted: »

@MetallicaRules They have some interesting things to work with like discs 11 and 13, two discs that contain a recording of what sounds like someone running from something. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyoF1igxclY

• Wrong. Actually, Staff confirmed they are already '' Pre '' producing TWD Season Three and Minecraft. Then... well, TWAU can be written, but the game just will be produced ( If they make a sequel ) when Episode 1 of TWD and Minecraft come out.

OverDrive posted: »

Just because they are making a Minecraft game doesn't mean TT isn't working on TWAU S2 you know.

• Thats not really the full story behind the disc actually theres way more to it then he said

Wow, running, they can make an entire story about running I guess, how impressive.

• lol thanks for the laugh?
    limitless potential? it has no potential at all not even the kiddies will enjoy it because they don't want a story in a minecraft game
    its a complete waste for everyone

Is everyone forgetting about the fact that prior to The Walking Dead, Telltale mostly did children's games? What's so wrong with a game for everyone? Minecraft has literally limitless potential.

• Search Amazon for children's e-books about Minecraft and then tell me whether there's a demand or market for this sort of thing.

Journey95 posted: »

lol thanks for the laugh? limitless potential? it has no potential at all not even the kiddies will enjoy it because they don't want a story in a minecraft game its a complete waste for everyone

• Yup. You cant compare them. I was skeptical with Borderlands coming out, but it was only because I didnt like the ordinary Borderlands games. If I already a Borderlands fan I would have been super excited, but still skeptical on how it would work. But really. Minecraft. I have no hope for it

Sign in to comment in this discussion.