Diverged in a Wood

Alt text

(banner made by me)

Summary: Unable to stay in Savannah, Molly heads north, intent on sticking to her no-groups rule. But when a terrified little girl runs past her while passing through the woods, she finds herself caught up in something she never asked for - but doesn’t entirely regret.

Major characters: Molly, Nick, Sarah, Luke, and more to come

Pairings: Molly/Nick

Rated: T-M

Content warnings (thus far): graphic violence, major character death, swearing, allusions to Molly's deal with the doctor at Crawford, in-universe ableism

The Deets: Basically this is an exploration of Molly taking a role in Season 2, at the beginning of Episode 4. Through a series of events, she ends up the de facto leader in a rag-tag group of survivors. It follows her struggling through a lot of moral dilemmas and really inconvenient romantic feelings, all the while expanding on her character development, as well as the development of other characters that I felt deserved more screen time. The story is very canon divergent and strays away from the main plot--a lot of fates are changed and switched around.

This story is NOT interactive, but I may consider posing decisions for readers to vote on and then writing the most popular outcome--if I can get enough readers to vote to begin with.

Chapters (posted on Archive of Our Own):

1. Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
  2. And sorry I could not travel both
  3. And be one traveler, long I stood
  4. And looked down one as far as I could

Feel free to post feedback/reactions/critique/suggestions here! I'd love to here some input!

Comments

• Is that a good :P or a bad :P?

supersagig posted: »

:P

• AMAZING :P. I hope Molly will punch Jane XD.

skoothz posted: »

Is that a good :P or a bad :P?

• Ahh, thank you! And haha, they will indeed meet each other soon, actually. As for how the interaction will actually play out, you'll just have to wait and see!

Thanks so much for reading!

AMAZING :P. I hope Molly will punch Jane XD.

• I imagined it like this:

Jane: I left my sister

Molly: WHAT DID YOU DO? Falcon Punch Jane

skoothz posted: »

Ahh, thank you! And haha, they will indeed meet each other soon, actually. As for how the interaction will actually play out, you'll just have to wait and see! Thanks so much for reading!

• Hm... it might end up being a little more complicated than that, but yeah, if/when Molly finds out about Jane's sister, she's not going to take very well to it...

I imagined it like this: Jane: I left my sister Molly: WHAT DID YOU DO? Falcon Punch Jane

Sign in to comment in this discussion.