Death scenes

dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
edited January 2017 in Minecraft: Story Mode

So as we all know from previous Telltale Games that we had QTEs and if you failed you would die (not sure about ones before TWD, I did play BTTF but I don't remember dying, I do plan on eventually playing others (though I did watch JP and it had its hilarious and over the top deaths). So I'm curious if there are death scenes, what will happen? TWD has its gory deaths, TWAU has its very rare death scenes, TFTB has its hilarious deaths where Rhys or Fiona will tell the stranger that maybe they didn't die, but they could have, and GOT has a few gory deaths as well with its message Valar Morghulis (All men must die).

So what do you think it will look like in Minecraft? Will they go with the already established Minecraft death where you fall over sideways and turn red or will it be something else entirely?

Comments

• Maybe we won't be able to die? Something like BTTF, I don't remember dying either.

• I don't know if it's just me, but that clip just made me more terrified than ever at the idea of a Minecraft storymode now T_T giant scary block people, talking!

zeke10 posted: »

Something like this i bet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOzaX0VaTFs

• lol why does it terrify you if i may ask?

Lilacsbloom posted: »

I don't know if it's just me, but that clip just made me more terrified than ever at the idea of a Minecraft storymode now T_T giant scary block people, talking!

• edited December 2014

;_; I don't know, there's just something about them that screams "I will crush you with my blocky fists!" when dialogue is coming out of them.

lol why does it terrify you if i may ask?

• check this out than. Also if he ain't in the game imma be pissed
    Alt text

Alt text

Alt text

;_; I don't know, there's just something about them that screams "I will crush you with my blocky fists!" when dialogue is coming out of them.

• Herobrine the bigfoot of minecraft

Alt text

and some fitting music
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKZUUuumXfQ

O_O h-hm.... Zeke, what am I looking at!?

• O_O h-hm....

Zeke, what am I looking at!?

check this out than. Also if he ain't in the game imma be pissed

• im supposing if u die they will have the death animation from the original minecraft

• edited December 2014

That's the thing though, I don't think this game will be first person. And if it is, then that's a change....

Actually thinking about it, maybe a first person game wouldn't be so bad? Could give Telltale a new thing to try out.
    or what if third and first person views were an option? In Minecraft, you can switch from third person, movie, and first person view.

Lehfeels posted: »

im supposing if u die they will have the death animation from the original minecraft

• GOT has a few gory deaths as well with its message which I can't remember.

Valar Morghulis, "all men must die", common saying in High Valyrian.

Dunno with Minecraft. Maybe you turn into the small bricks, scattered all over the place.

• Thanks, I'll edit it.

fallandir posted: »

GOT has a few gory deaths as well with its message which I can't remember. Valar Morghulis, "all men must die", common saying in High Valyrian. Dunno with Minecraft. Maybe you turn into the small bricks, scattered all over the place.

• No problem, friend.

dojo32161 posted: »

Thanks, I'll edit it.

• sounds intresting might give telltale a new challenge

Cridone posted: »

That's the thing though, I don't think this game will be first person. And if it is, then that's a change.... Actually thinking about it,

• that sounds like the lego videogame series death animation in a nutshell

fallandir posted: »

No problem, friend.

• We will see a red screen with giant text ''Game Over'' and maybe ''Press Enter to respawn''

Sign in to comment in this discussion.