Good idea?

This seems cool I am a big Minecraft fan been playing for 3 years and have not been sad once do you guys think this is good I mean its a story mode WHAT MOAR DO YA WANT!!!!????!!!! Ep 1 is coming in like 2015 HYPE HYPE HYPE If its what i think it is I will be amazed!!!! :-)

Comments

• This is honestly the stupidest idea Telltale has ever come up with. No offense to you or others who like Minecraft, but Telltale should really not be making a game on this. Telltale for years have created games focused on the narrative and choices affecting the outcome of the game, I just honestly don't see how they can take a game like Minecraft, that has no story, no characters, no lore to it, and make it into a Telltale style game.

• Meh. Don't have any expectations right now, but Telltale never failed to amaze me so far.

• WHAT MOAR DO YA WANT!!!!????!!!! Ep 1 is coming in like 2015 HYPE HYPE HYPE If its what i think it is I will be amazed!!!! :-)

...I think it's a bad idea for a lot of reasons...

I have a feeling the worse of the fanbase it coming, you seem okay...But...You're the harbinger.

• WHAT MOAR DO YA WANT!!!!???

oh god they are coming quicker then we thought....

• Alt text

Jewfreeus posted: »

WHAT MOAR DO YA WANT!!!!??? oh god they are coming quicker then we thought....

• Alt text

Jewfreeus posted: »

WHAT MOAR DO YA WANT!!!!??? oh god they are coming quicker then we thought....

• You just said it has no story mode THE GAME IS CALLED MINECRAFT STORYMODE!!!!!!!

This is honestly the stupidest idea Telltale has ever come up with. No offense to you or others who like Minecraft, but Telltale should real

• He said it has no story...Which it doesn't.

You just said it has no story mode THE GAME IS CALLED MINECRAFT STORYMODE!!!!!!!

• if they can amaze you they can amaze me

Meh. Don't have any expectations right now, but Telltale never failed to amaze me so far.

• I understand that, and I'm sure they will come up with some sort of story for it, but I just don't expect it to be good since they have nothing to base it off of. Games like The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us, Tales from the Borderlands, and Game of Thrones are all based off comics, shows, or games that have a story, but also an interesting universe that could be explored further. Minecraft has none of that whatsoever, and as I mentioned, I just can't see one where our choices would ever matter. That's the whole point of Telltale, the story adapts to the choices we make, the story is tailored by how we play.

You just said it has no story mode THE GAME IS CALLED MINECRAFT STORYMODE!!!!!!!

• Dont worry i wont come unless i get cake

• wait so i have no one to back me up SO NO-ONE THINKS THIS IS A GOOD IDEA :-(

• I'm sure there are, but your thread got pushed down a lot since yesterday and some that like the idea haven't seen it. But trust me, while I don't like it, there are those that do like this idea.

wait so i have no one to back me up SO NO-ONE THINKS THIS IS A GOOD IDEA :-(

• I think it's too soon to judge if it's a good idea or not, we need more info on the game, some screenshots and a trailer too. But they probably won't come until they are finished with the games they are releasing now.Right now, I'd just say that I'm skeptical because this is something entirely different than what we are used to and I didn't see it coming.

• we are waiting season 3 and i wait for valve and telltale combined game (still dont know if its gonna be half life or portal game) and telltale bring us that , telltale is gonna make history , for the dumbest idea , even more dumbest than mojang choose make minecraft , that its a dumbest idea , but telltale wins with the dumbest idea

• You're asking this question at a bad time, maybe when a trailer or some screen shots are revealed then people might come around (or it will turn them off even further). Personally I'm excited and curious to see how this turns out, but I'm going to guess that most people aren't.

• I think the fact that it has no lore is what can make it a great game. In MineCraft you are the character and you make your stories so yeah.

This is honestly the stupidest idea Telltale has ever come up with. No offense to you or others who like Minecraft, but Telltale should real

• Well the worse of the fanbase was here before MineCraft was even announced.

WHAT MOAR DO YA WANT!!!!????!!!! Ep 1 is coming in like 2015 HYPE HYPE HYPE If its what i think it is I will be amazed!!!! :-) ...I

• I guess we'll have to wait and see what Telltale can actually do with a Minecraft game.

prink34320 posted: »

I think the fact that it has no lore is what can make it a great game. In MineCraft you are the character and you make your stories so yeah.

• Well, I wouldn't say that I LOVE the idea, but I'm certainly interested. I'll be buying it.

• No, can you all stop trying to start trouble?

These fights about the game and community are done.

prink34320 posted: »

Well the worse of the fanbase was here before MineCraft was even announced.

• I'm personally more curious than anything. I want see how Telltale can pull off something like a story based game in a game with practically not story, no lore, no whatever. A reason I may not be "excited" is also because this is more likely to be very friendly comedy, and whereas the comedy I prefer is dark/adult humor. I may not be interested, but it still could be interesting however. So yeah, curious more than anything.

• WoW! The Community Threads sure have changed since I last been here. lol

Anyway, I have no idea how they're going to do this. We're talking about a game that's solely about exploration and building with no characters or story of it's own. That does give TellTale a lot of room to work with though. However, I guess the question is what kind of story can they come up with that will be interesting enough to make this game worth it. I've been catching up on all their games recently, (Just finished Walking Dead season one and working on two. I joined up back when Jurassic Park and Back to the Future got me interested in their work), and based off what I have played they can tell some great stories. I think if anyone can come up with a good enough story for Minecraft it's them.

• Ur a fgt for liek moincruft lul

• I hope this game isn't all QTE and dialogue its getting abit tired now. You should be able to get different endings that are actially different and your decisions should actually have some impact on the outcome of the story. Recently the games have felt almost like there on rails just mindlessly moving forward with no actual gameplay or contribution on your part . Is this a game company or a movie one? Dispite my negative comments i am looking forward to this and have a feeling we will all be pleasently surprised, I just hope the approach is fresh (hopefully a new format for telltale altogether) and some effort should be put in on the gamers side (my nan could complete TWAU, still a great story but I like to be challenged).

• I think the fact there is no story or lore to build on is a storytellers dream come true. I personally cant get into minecraft all you do is mine and craft, mine and craft, mine and craft literally forever there is no end!

I'm personally more curious than anything. I want see how Telltale can pull off something like a story based game in a game with practically

• edited January 2015

I hope this game isn't all QTE and dialogue
    Is this a game company or a movie one?
    (hopefully a new format for telltale altogether) and some effort should be put in on the gamers side (my nan could complete TWAU, still a great story but I like to be challenged).

I'm sorry but that sounds awful. The main reason I guess a lot of people love Telltale's current games (the reason I know why I do) is because its more story than gameplay, and because they are like interactive movies/shows. IMO, its what makes them fun and having Telltale change all of that would be stupid.

I hope this game isn't all QTE and dialogue its getting abit tired now. You should be able to get different endings that are actially differ

• edited January 2015

Maybe all of you should shut up and wait to see the results of that game first instead saying it going to be bad, if you are here then you should have more faith in Telltalle´s talent of making videogames from anything, thats my humble opinion.

• I have no idea how the story could possibly be. They can pretty much do what they want, and that leaves everyone in the dark

Sign in to comment in this discussion.