So I have started reading about Minecraft and I was surprised by how much lore there actually is

edited December 2014 in Minecraft: Story Mode

I have never played Minecract before and the way people spoke about it on here had me under the impression that Minecraft was similar to Lego's and it had no real lore or story elements in it but once I started reading about the world of Minecract it became clear that this was simply not true and to tell you the truth i was actually shocked by how crazy and dark this world actually is.

Minecract is a world were every night large spiders, skeletons, and zombies come out and try to kill you and anybody roaming the world.

The villagers of Minecraft use these ancient stone creature called the "Iron Golem" to protect their villages from the invading zombies that come out every night and if the zombies succeed in breaking into the villages they will either turn or kill the villagers (that includes babies and children)

The villagers themselves seem peaceful and are Farmers, Fisherman, Librarians, Priests, and Blacksmiths

Their protectors The Iron Iron Golem are also peaceful when they are not fighting off zombie invaders lol

Alt text

Zombies aren't the only things there is to worry about there are also witches and other creatures.

I really get a sense that minecraft was inspired by a lot of fantasy video games like Legend of Zelda and Elder Scrolls since it has everything from magic weapons to healing potions

Its also interesting that Mojang removed many of the NPC characters from the final game after artist Hayden Scott-Baron left the project

Rana

Alt text

Steve

Alt text

Beast Boy

Alt text

Black Steve

Alt text

So since telltale will be using a lot of assets from Minecraft maybe they can also add these characters into their game

Comments

• If they put Beast Boy in, the Teen Titans better damn well plop in some where.

• Just what I was thinking xD

If they put Beast Boy in, the Teen Titans better damn well plop in some where.

• Weren't those characters never apart of Minecraft and actually apart of a entirely different game called like BlockWorld or something?

• edited December 2014

No these are characters that were in a very early build of Minecraft but were removed in the final game

some people have manged to find them in old versions of the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNx92nh7FXo

Weren't those characters never apart of Minecraft and actually apart of a entirely different game called like BlockWorld or something?

• No they're beta characters that were removed after their designer left Mojang

Weren't those characters never apart of Minecraft and actually apart of a entirely different game called like BlockWorld or something?

• My question is...Can't this be a Mod?

The thing is that they look like characters from CubeWorld (That's the name of the game I was trying to say earlier) and it's quite possible that it's a mod.

TommyW posted: »

No these are characters that were in a very early build of Minecraft but were removed in the final game some people have manged to find them in old versions of the game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNx92nh7FXo

• Maybe they were.... :/

ps3gamer095 posted: »

No they're beta characters that were removed after their designer left Mojang

• No it's not a mod, Minecraft went through various changes on it's development, maybe in some moment NPCs looked like this, and i know what you mean, they really look Cube World style but they aren't

My question is...Can't this be a Mod? The thing is that they look like characters from CubeWorld (That's the name of the game I was trying to say earlier) and it's quite possible that it's a mod.

• edited December 2014

They look like mods but they are not

these characters where created very early in the deployment phase and minecraft at that point did not have its now iconic look

but you are right they do look like they could be on CubeWorld lol

My question is...Can't this be a Mod? The thing is that they look like characters from CubeWorld (That's the name of the game I was trying to say earlier) and it's quite possible that it's a mod.

• Alright, but to be fair anything is possible...I've seen Minecraft turned into a fucking dating simulator once because of a Mod...It was...Strange...To say the least.

Yes, you can tell my doubt because they do look like that and I've seen them before...Somewhere.

They look like mods but they are not these characters where created very early in the deployment phase and minecraft at that point did not have its now iconic look but you are right they do look like they could be on CubeWorld lol

• Well, I will reference you to my answer to Tommy... Right below yours. ;P

ps3gamer095 posted: »

No it's not a mod, Minecraft went through various changes on it's development, maybe in some moment NPCs looked like this, and i know what you mean, they really look Cube World style but they aren't

• edited December 2014

BEAST BOOOOOOOOOOYYYY!!!! HELL YEAH!

Alt text

lol Anyway, this lore does have some dark bits for a kids game (with the zombies obviously), so it should partly be appealing. And I remember this one creature that seemed to popular to some called the Enderman (basically a block-headed Slendy). So he's probably going to play a role in the story. Let's see what he can do, other than stealing your blocks of course.

• It's not but people made a mod out of it.

• edited December 2014

forget now i understood your comment.

BEAST BOOOOOOOOOOYYYY!!!! HELL YEAH! lol Anyway, this lore does have some dark bits for a kids game (with the zombies obviously), so

• By how much lore there actually is

Seriously? What you've cited as lore simply can not be considered one.
    Lore suggests that there is an entire history of a world which Minecraft does not have. Sure, there are bits and pieces here and there but those pieces are completely insufficient.

Do not, however, take what I've said the wrong way. This thing might turn out all right after all, but let's face the facts here. Minecraft does not have an adequate lore.

• edited December 2014

I don't agree with this at all because the world of Minecraft does have a history and that is the big difference between it and Lego's

Minecracft is not some "undefined place" that the player just made up using their own imagination like kids use to do when they played with Lego's

Minecraft is a world with that has a very clear set of rules and a clear set of villains that are causing problems for a lot of people and we also know that time does not stand still in this world since the villagers are having kids and those kids grow into adults

I feels like a place the existed long before you got their and will existed long after you leave

EarthRocker posted: »

By how much lore there actually is Seriously? What you've cited as lore simply can not be considered one. Lore suggests that there

• The thing is that they already stated they aren't explaining anything just creating an adventure.

dojo32161 posted: »

Telltale can also work with all of the mysterious structures spread around Minecraft, The Strongholds, The Abandoned Mine Shafts, the Jungle

• Telltale can also work with all of the mysterious structures spread around Minecraft, The Strongholds, The Abandoned Mine Shafts, the Jungle Temples, the Pyramids, the Wells and the Nether Fortresses, they could have some interesting backgrounds.

They could also build off the three dimensions, The Overworld, The Nether and The End, there are some interesting story dynamics they could create with them.

• Good point, they could still use their availability in the games plot, maybe hint at a few things but not explain anything, as the press release does say they won't explain things in detail.

The thing is that they already stated they aren't explaining anything just creating an adventure.

• Yeah, they can still use the locations but they can't explain the origins of it or anything.

Good point, they could still use their availability in the games plot, maybe hint at a few things but not explain anything, as the press release does say they won't explain things in detail.

• It's exactly what you've said it isn't. An undefined place. Blank piece of paper left for a painter to work on using what he has. And it just happens to be a couple of brushes and some paint.

Minecraft is a world with that has a very clear set of rules and a clear set of villains that are causing problems for a lot of people and we also know that time does not stand still in this world since the villagers are having kids and those kids grow into adults

Oh god.. You can't be serious. But if you actually are then there's some explaining I need to do.

First of all, there are no rules. You build and that's it. That's the sole purpose of Minecraft. Sure there are creatures that will try and dismantle what you've built but you can hardly consider them villains. Would you consider a mole to be a villain? Well, I mean they dig tunnels and they will occasionally fuck your shit up but that does not make 'em villains.

Second of all, time does not stand still? What? That's completely irrelevant. Villagers are having kids? Who cares? Of what relevance are they? Since there's no adequate story they are of no significance. The only interaction you get to have with 'em is trading. Oh wow, so exciting. No, not really sadly.. It's quite dull to be honest.

And lastly.. No, no it does not feel like that. It feels like something that has been randomly generated once you've pressed "Create a new world."

I don't agree with this at all because the world of Minecraft does have a history and that is the big difference between it and Lego's Mi

• edited December 2014

[[[ First of all, there are no rules ]]]]

You can't be serious monsters come out at night and start attacking people so yes this world does have rules and the people in it are playing by it every time they run into their houses at night and hopes the player stops the zombies from killing them lol

[[[ That's completely irrelevant. Villagers are having kids? Who cares? Of what relevance are they ]]]

Its relevant.because it kills your argument about about Minecraft not having a history since we know that the villagers have most likely been having kids for generations otherwise there wouldn't be any villagers in this game nor would they have become advanced enough to be Librarians, Priests, and Blacksmiths that trade items with you

[[[ It feels like something that has been randomly generated once you've pressed "Create a new world ]][

but you are not creating a new world since things don't change not matter what you create within the world of Minecraft

villagers will still fear zombies and monsters will still come out and try to kill you

Nothing you do fundamentally changes the world of Minecraft despite the fact that you can create crazy things in it

It's exactly what you've said it isn't. An undefined place. Blank piece of paper left for a painter to work on using what he has. And it jus

• edited December 2014

You can't be serious monsters come out at night and start attacking people so yes this world does have rules and the people in it are playing by it every time they run into their houses at night and hopes the player stops the zombies from killing them lol

Jesus.. No, that's not a rule. Rule is a statment that tells you what is or is not allowed. You're free to spend a night outside of your house and battle the spiders if you feel like it.

Its relevant.because it kills your argument about about Minecraft not having a history since we know that the villagers have most likely been having kids for generations otherwise there wouldn't be any villagers in this game nor would they have become advanced enough to be Librarians, Priests, and Blacksmiths that you trade with

Now the villagers. No, it does not 'kill my argument'. There's no history there, all you can do is speculate and theorize. Which is fine, but stop stating your opinions as facts. All we know about villagers is that they are there, nothing else. Stop claiming that they've been having kids for generations and generations. Has it been implied anywhere? Of course not. Do you even realize how much absurd that statement is?

but you are not creating a new world since things don't change not matter what you create within the world of Minecraft

villagers will still fear zombies and monsters will still come out and try to kill you
    Nothing you do fundamentally changes the world of Minecraft despite the fact that you can create crazy things in it

This I can't even comprehend.. It's all wibbly wobbly.

The thing is, you rely on your imagination a bit too much, which is, in this particular case, clouding your judgement. But hey, at least you're having fun while playing Minecraft. That game needs a ton of imagination.

[[[ First of all, there are no rules ]]]] You can't be serious monsters come out at night and start attacking people so yes this world do

• edited December 2014

Everything that I have pointed out is in the actual game so no it's not just my imagination nor is my judgement being clouded

Look it seems obvious at this point that we will never see eye to eye on this so lets just agree to disagree

You can't be serious monsters come out at night and start attacking people so yes this world does have rules and the people in it are playin

• It is your imagination, like it or not. Otherwise you wouldn't have come up with a story about villagers reproducing.
    But fuck it. I'mma drop it, too tired.

Everything that I have pointed out is in the actual game so no it's not just my imagination nor is my judgement being clouded Look it seems obvious at this point that we will never see eye to eye on this so lets just agree to disagree

• Don't forget about the Nether and the End.

The Nether, basically hell. Populated with flying "ghasts" that spit fire, and zombie pigmen that are somewhat friendly, as well as a variety of other demonic creatures all in a world of lava and flames. The End, a barren area populated with hundreds of "Endermen" and a massive dragon.

While Minecraft may not actually have much lore, there is so much stuff that Minecraft has in its vast universe, that Telltale can easily make something out of it.

• Still looks stupid....

• Just like your childish behavior.

Cope49 posted: »

Still looks stupid....

• They have a character named Black Steve?

SRSLY??

• They don't, as mentioned all of those characters that are pictured were removed after Hayden Scott left Mojan. Though I'm curious as to why Black Steve was thought up in the first place anyhow.

CrazyGeorge posted: »

They have a character named Black Steve? SRSLY??

• I know, especially with today's world the way it is, We should be trying to bring people together, not divide them apart.

They don't, as mentioned all of those characters that are pictured were removed after Hayden Scott left Mojan. Though I'm curious as to why Black Steve was thought up in the first place anyhow.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited December 2014

Could've just been an original name that they were planning to change once it released, a name for humor, like whenever Clem slaps someone, in the files it says Clem.bitchslap so it could be an inside joke or an easy way to differentiate models.

It's still weird, but I guess we'll never truly know what the purpose of those unused characters were intended for or why they were named that way.

I know, especially with today's world the way it is, We should be trying to bring people together, not divide them apart.

• [removed]

papai46 posted: »

Just like your childish behavior.

• Nothing surprises me nowadays, after Ghost Dad's Betrayal, how can i trust anyone anymore!

Alt text

Could've just been an original name that they were planning to change once it released, a name for humor, like whenever Clem slaps someone,

• Do you even read comics? Spider-Man is one of the most mature comics out there! Stop assuming things without knowing douchebag!

• What the hell?

Nothing surprises me nowadays, after Ghost Dad's Betrayal, how can i trust anyone anymore!

• Go nerd-rage elsewhere boy . I'm not in the mood .

Do you even read comics? Spider-Man is one of the most mature comics out there! Stop assuming things without knowing douchebag!

• Do i need to remember of this forum's rule number 1? RESPECT!

Go nerd-rage elsewhere boy . I'm not in the mood .

• Go....away...

Do i need to remember of this forum's rule number 1? RESPECT!

• Or what? This is public forum!

Go....away...

Sign in to comment in this discussion.