The Tone of the Game

So, I have never played Minecraft but I know it is primarily an all ages game. I know TT used to make Sam and Max, but recently(And thankfully, not that I'm not a Sam and Max Fan), they have moved onto more mature projects like The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us, Tales from the Borderlands, and Game of Thrones. So, for the tone of the game and story, what do you think it will be like. I personally think they are going to go down The Lego Movie route with this game. I expected The Lego Movie to be nothing more that at most a "meh" experience. How I was mistaken. Besides making me want to go out and buy Legos like there's no tomorrow, it also offered a mature and in-depth twist towards the end that took the whole thing home and made the movie great. Can Telltale go "The Lego Movie" route with Minecraft?

Comments

• I think it will have a humorous take on it like Tales from the Borderlands. With possibly having a villain as Herobrine (Long running Minecraft joke from Mojang) and you'll come accross people etc. etc.
    Hard to tell, but one things for sure, gonna be a cracker of a game!
    I love all TellTales work and I reckon people should stop doubting this game, don't worry, 95% of it is being created by TT :)

• Dark comedy would seem to fit it best. I can see a darker plot for a Minecraft story but it wouldn't really be the ideal tone.

• I want a scene just like in S1E3 of TWD where there's a huge herd of zombies walking except with Minecraft zombies

• edited December 2014

You dissing sam and max??? I would totally trade in the walking dead s1 and s2, the wolf among us, tales from the borderlands and GoT for sam and max seasons....They shoulda at least made one more sam and max season ;(

Sign in to comment in this discussion.