Game Ideas!

edited December 2004 in General Chat
I'm excited to see the fantastic ideas that the team is cooking up for us, but meanwhile I thought we could share any ideas that we've had for games or just thoughts on gaming in general. The kinds of people into Adventure are usually pretty creative! (maybe because they require creative solutions).

As you'll see soon enough, I'm a film maker and not really interested in making games, but I did have two little ideas.

First off, I was actually considering programming this, but I'd like to see a game with sword fighting that uses the number pad. And it'd assign each key to a section of the body. (8 = head, 4= left arm, etc) So first person attacks, and the number they pushed flashes in glowing letters above their character, so the other person must hit the same key fast enough to block it. This would be for dueling I suppose. The cool thing would be when people get really good at it, they would be going so fast it would look like real sword fighting.

Anyone watch Aqua Teen Hunger Force? Well I always thought that this would make a great 2d adventure game. First of all because the show itself is 2d and uses the same angles for each location and the characters just kinda move around. They don't actually use walk cycles, interestingly enough. Also, the main characters are detectives. So constructing a plot would be pretty obvoius, Dr.Werid invents something crazy and the Aqua Teens roam around meeting and speaking with characters from the show while trying to solve it. Or they get split up and you can switch between the main three characters, each of them having unique skills (Frylocks sorcery, meatwads ability to shape himself).

What are your ideas?

Comments

• edited November 2004
    I've made a couple of games. I had one where you are a cycloptic duck who has to find his arch nemisis, the optometrist of chaos. Here are a game idea.

From The Grave and Beyond..
    Genre: arcade
    Discription: You are in a crpyt, It's dark, shady and there is creepy well written background music (sort of like in monkey island 2 when you are in the crypt). You have a gun, (can be upgraded,) that rotates 180 degrees, (0 degrees being directly left). You can't move the character character, but the left and right keys control the direction of the gun. Space is to shoot. You have to shoot bullets at ghosts that approach you from all different angles to level up.
  • edited November 2004
    wasnt there a thread for this already?
  • edited November 2004
    You're probably thinking of "Forum Ideas".
  • edited November 2004
    I was thinking more along the lines of Telltale's consumer based hints and tips.
  • edited November 2004
    Anyone watch Aqua Teen Hunger Force? Well I always thought that this would make a great 2d adventure game.

That's a great idea. ATHF is a really funny show, one of the best from Adult Swim. Frylock, Shake and Meatwad would be perfect characters for a 2D or 2.5D adventure.

Though, I guess Telltale are more concerned about 3D games at the moment - it's what the market wants, anno 2004 - 2D games wouldn't sell very good for the majority of gamers, maybe(?)...

But nevertheless, some good game designers really should contact the creators of ATHF about a license... hey Telltale Team - are you listening? ... Nudge, nudge ... :D
  • edited November 2004
    After reading Brendan's post in the 'Getting to know you' thread, his mention of The Princess Bride has got me thinking. An adventure game based in that universe would be just about the most excellent thing ever. Unlikely to happen, granted, but it's a world ideally suited. A lot of the humour in that film reminds me of some of the LucasArts adventure games in a way, and the characters are so wonderfully created - they'd lend themselves very well to our favourite genre. That said, I guess Westley is dangerously close to Guybrush Threepwood in a number of ways. Still, just a thought.

And hey, Carey Elwes has shown with 'The Bard's Tale' that he's not adverse to videogame voice work. Make it happen, Telltale.
  • edited November 2004
    An adventure game based on Princess Bride? Hell, I'd buy it. :D
  • edited November 2004
    After reading Brendan's post in the 'Getting to know you' thread, his mention of The Princess Bride has got me thinking. An adventure game based in that universe would be just about the most excellent thing ever. Unlikely to happen, granted, but it's a world ideally suited. A lot of the humour in that film reminds me of some of the LucasArts adventure games in a way, and the characters are so wonderfully created - they'd lend themselves very well to our favourite genre. That said, I guess Westley is dangerously close to Guybrush Threepwood in a number of ways. Still, just a thought.

Sounds like a good idea, there.
  • edited November 2004
    no games about princeses :( please
    i want S&M:Freelance police
  • edited November 2004

Have you actually seen The Princess Bride? It's really nothing like you would expect from the title. I urge you to track it down; it's a superb adventure film, with humour that could have been lifted directly from the point-and-click adventures we all love.
  • edited November 2004
    it was on tv yesterday.
    my little sister(13 years old) wanted to see it.
    what ive seen was funny
  • edited December 2004

Haha, I want to be a princess! :D Joking, of course.

Well, kind of.
This discussion has been closed.