Sam and Max Reality 2.0 game bug

Just downloaded the current version. Cooking the books puzzle seems to be a broken puzzle.

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you are experiencing an issue completing a certain puzzle in the game, I recommend watching a video walkthrough on how another player is able to complete that particular part of the game, and see if you are able to follow the same steps as they are, to progress in the game.

• I can't get the money to move down from the top. The puzzle is broken.

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you are experiencing an issue completing a certain puzzle in the game, I recommend watching a video wa

My apologies, could you please take a screenshot of your screen when you experience the issue? After looking at your screenshot, I'll be able to assist you further with your issue.

daro2096 posted: »

I can't get the money to move down from the top. The puzzle is broken.

• edited January 2015

Alt text

The money will not go down to Online Gambling. It just moves left and right between Toy Mafia, Kittens 4 Peace and Pro Lobby Lobby.

My apologies, could you please take a screenshot of your screen when you experience the issue? After looking at your screenshot, I'll be able to assist you further with your issue.

Can you please clarify if the first time you launched the episode, that you were able to start the game right away, or did you reach a Telltale Games splash screen saying 'Click to Play'?

The money will not go down to Online Gambling. It just moves left and right between Toy Mafia, Kittens 4 Peace and Pro Lobby Lobby.

• The game starts straight away without any splash screen.

Can you please clarify if the first time you launched the episode, that you were able to start the game right away, or did you reach a Telltale Games splash screen saying 'Click to Play'?

I apologize for the inconvenience, unfortunately if you have the updated version and you are still experiencing the issue, I am out of potential solutions to resolve your issue. I recommend starting that particular episode again, and see if you are able to complete the puzzle successfully.

The game starts straight away without any splash screen.

• Already tried all of that. Telltale must have done something to the game in the last update making it unfinishable. They either need to fix it or release a patch.

I apologize for the inconvenience, unfortunately if you have the updated version and you are still experiencing the issue, I am out of poten

• This just goes to prove that nobody at Telltale is beta testing updates before releasing them.

I recommend watching this video walkthrough on how this particular player was able to solve the puzzle:

Make sure to watch at 6 minutes 45 seconds for how to get the money down to Bosco.

This just goes to prove that nobody at Telltale is beta testing updates before releasing them.

• Look Telltale Mike I know you just trying to help and all and I am grateful but I know how to solve this puzzle. I have played it in the past. I have watched the video. In the video version the money goes down to online gambling. My version stops at Toy Mafia. No matter what I do the money refuses to move from the top line.

You go ahead and download the current version and play the game and see if you can solve this puzzle because no matter what I do I can't.

I recommend watching this video walkthrough on how this particular player was able to solve the puzzle: Make sure to watch at 6 minutes 45 seconds for how to get the money down to Bosco.

• edited January 2015

Tried restarting the game but it made no difference.

Using Windows 8.1 Ivy Bridge Celeron cpu 3ghz 8gb ddr3 128gb ssd. using onboard graphics.

My apologies, we have contacted our webteam, and are currently looking into it.

Look Telltale Mike I know you just trying to help and all and I am grateful but I know how to solve this puzzle. I have played it in the pas

edited January 2015

We believe to have updated the setup.exe file on our website for the episode. Please re-download the setup.exe file from your My Games page, and before installing it, make sure to uninstall your already existing episode, and any files associated with Episode 105. Then install the episode again using the new installer, and play through the episode, and you should now be able to progress past the puzzle. Again, my apologies for any difficulties caused by this.

• You reverted to previous version. It worked.

We believe to have updated the setup.exe file on our website for the episode. Please re-download the setup.exe file from your My Games page,

I hope you are now able to enjoy the game!

You reverted to previous version. It worked.

• Yes, thanks.

I hope you are now able to enjoy the game!

This discussion has been closed.