Sam and Max freelance

edited July 2009 in Sam & Max
I'm not actually that bothered whether this game ever gets finished, more curious especially since alot of the season 1 and 2 staff worked on it.

Since lucasarts and telltale are now offically collabrating together i kind of feel like of doors have been open and new possibilities have come to mind.

Maybe the cancelled game maybe finished. Although considering it might have to be updated graphics wise, i doubt it. But it's a possibility.

Would be nice for all the staff who worked on it to see their work get some love.

Comments

• edited June 2009
    I'm not actually that bothered whether this game ever gets finished, more curious especially since alot of the season 1 and 2 staff worked on it.

Since lucasarts and telltale are now offically collabrating together i kind of feel like of doors have been open and new possibilities have come to mind.

Maybe the cancelled game maybe finished. Although considering it might have to be updated graphics wise, i doubt it. But it's a possibility.

Would be nice for all the staff who worked on it to see their work get some love.

Preach it!
  • edited June 2009
    The big things used in Freelance Police where already used in the series - mass hypnosis through a marketable product of some sort I think, very much like season 1.
  • edited June 2009
    But Plunge through Space has still been left unfinished and un-re-created-in-another-Telltale-game!
  • edited June 2009
    Evan wrote: »
    But Plunge through Space has still been left unfinished and un-re-created-in-another-Telltale-game!

Good idea. Let's ask Telltale to work on that game along with FP!
  • edited June 2009
    Sorry for the necro bump, but I was checking out some of the information for this game on wikipedia.

Here's a quote straight off there; "a variety of environments, including a space station and a neopagan bacchanal" (2 very differant links, for anybody who hasn't noticed, there). Not only did the first season include a spiritual enlightenment center on the moon (complete with gift shop) but season 2 had a space ship.

And I think it's fairly safe to assume that the "Neopagan Bacchanal" refers to the events of Icestation Santa.

However I would like to know if anything from "Freelance Police" has yet to be included in anything from the TellTale series.

According to IGN LuscArts refused to sell the rights to the unfinished game to TTG. As we all know, the liscence to make Same & Max games ended in 2005, but I can't find anything to say whether or not Lucas lost the right to publish the game when they lost that licence. (I suppose it's possible they could change the name, the characters and some of the dialogue and publish it under their own licence, but this would be extremely petty).
  • edited June 2009
    I'm surprised no one suggested doing something like this yet:

http://kotaku.com/5291654/duke-nukem-forever-lawsuit-unearthed-360-version-a-sticking-point
  • edited June 2009
    You thinking TellTale should sue LucasArts?

This might not go down well, if we're hoping for future collaborations for more MI remakes...
  • edited June 2009
    Marduk wrote: »
    You thinking TellTale should sue LucasArts?

This might not go down well, if we're hoping for future collaborations for more MI remakes...

Oh, right. WHAT was I thinking?

:D
  • edited June 2009
    I'd love to see this as downloadable content on Steam.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    From what I've heard, there's a lot of great stuff in Freelance Police that will, unfortunately, probably never easily see the light of day. That said, from what I've heard, the game definitely looks and feels like it was started in 2002-2003, which was a while ago now!
  • edited June 2009
    Huh. Yeah it'd probably be pretty dated. Well maybe with the new cool president of LEC you can license out Freelance Police and turn the good stuff in it to Sam and Max Season 3. A special edition for a game never released.

Probably a pipe dream but after seeing Sam and Max return, Tales of Monkey Island and a Special Edition remake actually made by LucasArts anything seems possible for the adventure game genre again.
  • edited June 2009
    Jake wrote: »
    From what I've heard, there's a lot of great stuff in Freelance Police that will, unfortunately, probably never easily see the light of day. That said, from what I've heard, the game definitely looks and feels like it was started in 2002-2003, which was a while ago now!

Yeah, WHO did you hear all this from exactly? I wants ta know!
  • edited July 2009
    Why it's information stolen from the government.

...or his co-workers made the game.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.