Achievements not unlocking on Steam

edited January 2015 in Game Support

I'm playing The Walking Dead on Steam. I'm not unlocking the achievements. I just finished the first episode, and didn't receive the achievement.
I'm playing it everytime online, and the internet is up.

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

I apologize for the inconvenience. Due to the Steam architecture, achievements cannot be acquired while playing in Offline Mode or without an active internet connection (Please note that Steam can go Offline, and you will not be able to unlock achievements until the Steam servers return to Online). For more information on Steam’s policy regarding achievements, please see the following thread:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4462-UIOB-0425

If you have tried restarting Steam and the game a few times to see if your achievements update, and are still experiencing the issue, unfortunately the only way to re-unlock the achievements would be to delete your save game and prefs.prop file from your system and reacquire the achievement while playing online. You can delete them from the following location:

C:/Users/YOURNAME/Documents/Telltale Games/The Walking Dead/

Then after you have deleted your save game, restart the episode, and replay it while Steam is online and connected.

This discussion has been closed.