Another DRM "Connecting" problem (walking dead)

Played a few hours, now can't even start the game due to BS DRM.. connecting... sigh.

Do you have any idea how annoying it is that pirates have no issues, but because I'm a paying customer I get f'd around with sh*tty online DRM?

Playing on PC with steam. Tried to verify cache and reboot, no change. I've run the support tool, but I'm not uploading the whole thing to a public server, please let me know what extra info you might need to resolve this.

Will not be buying another game with your online DRM.

Comments

• I have a similar issue.
    I bought the game few month ago on a good discount on steam.
    Tried to load the game and I have the "connecing ..." msg
    Tried to reinstal the game, verify cache, clear registry, etc.

• [removed]

I have a similar issue. I bought the game few month ago on a good discount on steam. Tried to load the game and I have the "connecing ..." msg Tried to reinstal the game, verify cache, clear registry, etc.

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

Can you please clarify if you are receiving a Telltale Games pop up when starting the game, or are you only stuck on a 'Connecting...' screen?

If you are receiving a Telltale Games Log In pop up right when starting the game, please close out of the game, and restart your Steam Client.(You should not receive a Telltale Games Log In window pop up message) Then after Steam has finished opening, click Play on the game again, and before you click on the 'Click To Continue' screen, try waiting a few minutes before clicking to continue. You should then not experience the issue again.

If you are stuck on the 'Connecting...' screen, this may be an issue with your registry. Below are the steps to resolve this particular issue:

1) Please open a command window. (Below are instructions on how to open a command window)

Windows XP: Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows Vista / 7: Press the Windows key. Type in "cmd" and press enter

Windows 8: At the start screen, type in "cmd" and press enter

Then copy the command line below and paste it into the command window, press enter, and confirm the question (to confirm the question, type “y” and press enter):

REG DELETE "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Telltale Games\Launcher”

(Please make sure when you copy the above text that you do not copy a space before or after the text, as that will produce an error message. If you still receive an error after inputting the command line, please try typing in the command line one letter/symbol at a time into the Command prompt)

Please then try launching The Walking Dead again.

This discussion has been closed.