The Wolf Among Us: The Comic

edited January 2015 in The Wolf Among Us

I think its getting better and better each issue. It fills in a lot of blanks and I enjoy being inside Bigby's head and seeing how he thinks, as well as getting a little more back story on the characters. I dont want to spoil too much but this last issue takes a somewhat different turn from what we see in the game, so I'm really excited for the next issue.

Comments

• edited January 2015

The 2 best parts about the comic series are knowing what Bigby thinks, and a more detailed knowledge of every fable we meet. Totally agree.

• I wanna read it so bad. I'm not even up to date on FABLES either (only at issue 141 since I have to wait for the volumes to be released).

• edited November 2015

mod edit: Changed link to legal comic hosting site Comixology. Don't post links to illegally uploaded comics

You can read the issues on Comixology...

It takes about 2-3 weeks to be updated though, so 148 isn't on it yet :P

I wanna read it so bad. I'm not even up to date on FABLES either (only at issue 141 since I have to wait for the volumes to be released).

• Yeah, they go into detail adding more conversation, thoughts of Bigby etc (I think people who played TWAU game get more out of it than people who didn't play the game, because we as players can compare and pick out subtle differences and improvements).

I have to admit, I was pretty pessimistic when the series was first announced, but it has now won me over.

• edited January 2015

I don't know about that. I think people who haven't played the game can like it just as much as an extension of the series, like Jack of Fables.

CoolGuyJ posted: »

Yeah, they go into detail adding more conversation, thoughts of Bigby etc (I think people who played TWAU game get more out of it than peopl

• Well yeah, but so do most people who played the game (since majority of people in this forum who played the game have read the comics already).

It's just that I think people who played the game get a kinda different experience from people who didn't play the game.

People get to analyse what actions they have taken, and compare to what actions were taken by Bigby from the comics, and with the game players, they also analyse how buffed/nerfed TWAU comic Bigby is compared to TWAU game Bigby.

Also, reading through TWAU comic gave me a nostalgic feeling about TWAU, which I don't think I would have gotten had I not played the game first.

By the way, Jack of Fables is my least favourite Fables spin-off.......(I personally kinda hate Jack....lol)

KCohere posted: »

I don't know about that. I think people who haven't played the game can like it just as much as an extension of the series, like Jack of Fables.

• I dont know, its weird. I like the art styles and Bigby's narration, but I dont really like some of the things they added, like the "exiles" thing

• I'm kinda still on the fence about the art (don't like how they keep changing the art style for every digital issue, but some of the styles I do like).

I like Bigby's narration, and some additional dialogue they added to the characters (I kinda smirked at Colin's whole :Bow chika Bow Wow" phrase, and liked Tweedile Dee's dialogues in front of faking to be dead Lawrence).

By the way, what do you mean by "Exiles" Poogers? Do you mean Fables who don't reside in the Woodlands building (like Faith and Lawrence)?

Poogers555 posted: »

I dont know, its weird. I like the art styles and Bigby's narration, but I dont really like some of the things they added, like the "exiles" thing

• Yeah theres one of the styles that I really like 1 thats ok and one that I just dont like

I'm kinda still on the fence about the art (don't like how they keep changing the art style for every digital issue, but some of the styles

• Well, he is kind of a jerk, lol. I like him though. Most of the time, his idiocy comes back to bite him so he doesn't go unpunished.

I get you. Like i was saying in the initial post, I noticed that the end takes a slight turn from what happens in the game so knowing that made me more excited to see what the next issue will offer.

Well yeah, but so do most people who played the game (since majority of people in this forum who played the game have read the comics alread

• edited January 2015

What about the exiles thing is it that you don't like? It's a good way to explain why royalty ended up in this tenement so far away from Fabletown. Hou can also understand more of why Snow felt so ineffective in her job. They dumped them in thst apartment building and promptly forgot they existed. I just hope they explain why Prince Lawrence wasn't working while Faith was prostituting.

I dont know, its weird. I like the art styles and Bigby's narration, but I dont really like some of the things they added, like the "exiles" thing

• Well, yeah of course he's a jerk, but even Charming was a jerk most of the times (and womanizer just like Jack), but even he had redemptive qualities. Whereas Jack has pretty much ZERO redemptive qualities.

Almost every single action Jack has ever done in the Fables universe has been for his own benefit only (fame, riches power, women, all for himself). For first 2~3 times it was alright, but when going through entires arcs and volumes of Jack of Fables and his chapters in main Fables storyline, his personality has gotten (infuriatingly) annoying, and grating to me (I personally enjoy punching and abusing the hell out of him in trip trap and Crane's apartment).

The Tweedle Dee scene was pretty new. And I'm interested to see interaction with Lawrence and Tweedle Dee in next issue (will Lawrence survive?).

Well, he is kind of a jerk, lol. I like him though. Most of the time, his idiocy comes back to bite him so he doesn't go unpunished. I ge

• Has gren appeared yet?

• I think he appears in this issue...

(I'm not reading TWAU comic until it comes out in print, but I have seen a panel of Bigby talking to Gren)

zeke10 posted: »

Has gren appeared yet?

• edited January 2015

Cool as he an even bigger dick than in game? could you maybe link the pic?

HazzatheMan posted: »

I think he appears in this issue... (I'm not reading TWAU comic until it comes out in print, but I have seen a panel of Bigby talking to Gren)

• edited January 2015

From that one panel he seems less 'rude' :P

The link is on another thread and I don't remember which one...

But I'll let you know if I stumble upon it again :)

Cool as he an even bigger dick than in game? could you maybe link the pic?

• How often do TWAU comics get released?

• Every week on Wednesday.

How often do TWAU comics get released?

• Damn i was worried it would take them forever. Also i heard faiths dad killed himself why exactly?

LukaszB posted: »

Every week on Wednesday.

• Faith returned with Lawrence.

• I'm loving TWAU comics! The detail and backstory is nice; a lot of these characters have a chance to explain their story.

• Why'd that drive him to suicide?

Faith returned with Lawrence.

• Because he still wanted to marry Faith.

Why'd that drive him to suicide?

• Thats fucking nanners

Because he still wanted to marry Faith.

• Issue #8 is now available. Since Prince Lawrence is alive in the comic, I hope that means we get to see more of him. Maybe he'll join the investigation.

• Issue #8 is out now and there is some characters that I would really like to learn the backstory on.

JJwolf posted: »

I'm loving TWAU comics! The detail and backstory is nice; a lot of these characters have a chance to explain their story.

• I was really pleased they are keeping him alive in the comic. :) Maybe he'll have more to say in future pages...

• I hope that's why they kept him alive. I was disappointed that we didn't get to see more of him in the game.

I was really pleased they are keeping him alive in the comic. Maybe he'll have more to say in future pages...

• Alt text

I love that they gave Gren that lip curl thing going on. xD I'm enjoying the comic so far; a lot of readers have told me it's JUST like the game but honestly, there is a difference; more detail and BGs on characters we didn't have enough time to get into detail.

I'm loving TWAU comics! The detail and backstory is nice; a lot of these characters have a chance to explain their story.

• Yes, it follows the template of the game of course since it's an adaptation of it, but there's a lot more to get out of it. I adore getting to follow Bigby's thoughts. Like in the current issue where he was talking about how much he misses being a wolf, since he's had to pretend to be human. I feel like he never really embraced his human side until he got together with Snow.

pudding_pie posted: »

I love that they gave Gren that lip curl thing going on. xD I'm enjoying the comic so far; a lot of readers have told me it's JUST like the

• Considering the comic has already expanded on some of the game elements, does anyone think we'll get a more definitive answer about the ending?

• As long as a second season is still up in the air, maybe not.

Considering the comic has already expanded on some of the game elements, does anyone think we'll get a more definitive answer about the ending?

• Yeah, there's part of me that's worried that this is their way of tying up the loose ends and putting all those season 2 hopes to bed. Hopefully not, though!

As long as a second season is still up in the air, maybe not.

• Yeah thats what Im scared about with the comic. I hope they leave it still wondering

Yeah, there's part of me that's worried that this is their way of tying up the loose ends and putting all those season 2 hopes to bed. Hopefully not, though!

• It's got a ways to go yet, but here's hoping :/

Yeah thats what Im scared about with the comic. I hope they leave it still wondering

• The main question everyone seems to have is Faith/Nerissa, which the comics will most likely answer but in such a way that the game must have a second season.

Yeah thats what Im scared about with the comic. I hope they leave it still wondering

• Yeah, they seem to have pretty much expanded on everything (such as Faith's mythos, Bigby's thought bubbles etc),

So I have a feeling they are gonna expand on what Bigby is thinking about (his theories on what actually happened) when Faith turns around that corner. They're showing his thoughts throughout every chase, every panel for every issue - it would be inconsistent/weird if they suddenly stopped doing it in the last issue of TWAU.

p.s. Loved how Bigby called Beast (a.k.a. Sherlock Holmes in Fairest) a cokehead pain in the @#% in the current issue (TWAU digital issue 8). I personally wish they would have had a separate Sherlock Holmes character instead of merging him with Beast, but Beauty's whole Lamia story was interesting, so I guess I can let that slide.

The main question everyone seems to have is Faith/Nerissa, which the comics will most likely answer but in such a way that the game must have a second season.

• I bet Bigby's last thought before his eyes will be wide open in the comic version will be "You want to arrest someone tonight, you might as well haul me in. Better do it quick, though. I won't be in this line of work much longer."

• Where can i read this comic?

• Google Play is where I read it, 99 cents per issue

papai46 posted: »

Where can i read this comic?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.