S&M ep 201 crashes

edited June 2009 in Game Support
Hi. After having swooped down and purchased both S&M season two DVD deluxe edition, soundtrack and the complete Monkey Island, I thought I would play some of the downloadable games. I did not expect any troubles, since this is the same computer (with Windows XP) I played S&M season 1 with, and the only changes are a newer graphics driover and a FullHD-capable monitor.

Anyways: I installed and started episode one of seaons two. The install process went smooth as butter, the game started up and I got the configuration helper. I configured the game to use fullscreen, 1920*1080. The configuration screen changed accordingly and everything looked all right. I then started the game, and was greeted with a black screen, some kind of trumpet sound that went in a loop. Then it crashed to boot.

I started the game again, choosed a resolution of 1440*900, and the monitor told me that this was out of range. I then rebooted my computer, uninstalled the game, installed it again and went through the configuration screen. This time I choosed 800*600 Windowed. This worked well for a minute or so, before the game crashed to a blue screen. This was the first time for a year or so I got a blue screen. Could you please give me some hints regarding what might be wrong with this computer/my version of the game?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    What type of video card do you have? You might want to start by updating your video drivers and DirectX.

Also, any chance you remember what the blue screen said? That could help us diagnose the problem.
This discussion has been closed.