Walking Dead (S1) says "Connecting" endlessly

The Steam version of The Walking Dead (Season One) is not working properly. After launching the game, the title screen ("The Walking Dead - Click to Continue") screen appears, but after clicking, the majority of the time the screen just says "Connecting..." forever. Once in a while it will proceed to the main menu.

There are dozens of people reporting the same issue at the Steam community site:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/207610/discussions/0/616198623981120062/

The fix suggested in other threads (deleting the "Launcher" registry key) doesn't seem to have any effect for me.

Comments

• edited January 2015

Servers are down.
    Even if one says "blah blah blah You have to do a magic invocation singing around your computer", it will not work.
    The only issue is server-side.

All you have to do is to wait for Telltale to fix their servers. Usually, it takes two hours.
    But today's Suday so you can still wait until tomorrow.

And, by the way, telltale's servers are often down.
    Have fun with your product.

• Hey Olipro,

Thanks - I figured that must be what was going on. Can you provide a link for the server(s)? I'll use a service to ping it so I'll know when it is back up. No reason to just set here waiting for it to come back.

Are these prone to being down?

MrChrumb

• Never mind... just got in 8:53am EST. Game on!

MrChrumb posted: »

Hey Olipro, Thanks - I figured that must be what was going on. Can you provide a link for the server(s)? I'll use a service to ping it

This discussion has been closed.