W&G ep2 White screen

edited July 2009 in Game Support
I have downloaded The Last Resort. I click Launch and a white box (not a window) appears in the top left of my screen. Music is playing.
I try alt + enter it makes it full screen.
Help?...

Comments

• edited June 2009
    Someone?... :(
  • edited June 2009
    I have a very similar problem. What's your graphics card model? It seems to happen with ATI Radeon Xpress cards.
  • ScottAlexanderScottAlexander Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Beatlefreak is right. Are you trying to play on a notebook computer? We've had issues with certain integrated intel chipsets, they just make us cry. Let us know what kind of video card you're using and we'll start getting you up and running!
  • edited June 2009
    Hi ScottAlexander!
    I downloaded Last Resort via the TMI promotion deal.
    I have a ATI Radeon Xpress 200 Series, and it's on my desktop. I'm running Windows XP SP3.

EDIT:
    I have Last Resort working if I remove all the updated drivers and Catalyst software, and I'm left with the driver that came with my PC (version 8.17.00) Unfortunately, this version of the driver doesn't include support for my monitor's wide-screen resolution (1440x900) and everything is a bit stretched.
  • edited June 2009
    I have a ATI Radeon Xpress 200 Series and I'm also running on a Windows XP SP3
  • edited June 2009
    I'm still having problems... i installed ep 3 yesturday same problem
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Hey Freddie, sorry for the delay. Have you tried updating your graphics drivers? Sounds like the most recent version of them is working for Beatle.
  • edited June 2009
    No, the most recent drivers don't work, they are version 8.591
    http://ati.amd.com/products/catalyst/versions.html
    The only drivers I've found to work are version 8.17.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2009
    Ugh, hate drivers SO MUCH. Ok, thanks Beatlefreak, that's good to know.
  • edited July 2009
    So what should I do! it's july now and the 4th ep is comming out soon! i haven't even played the second one!
  • edited July 2009
    I found drivers that work with W&G!
    I worked my way up from the bottom of the ATI driver chain and found that ATI Catalyst 6.1 works and has a wide selection of resolutions (including 1440x900, which is mine)
    You can download it (for XP) here:
    http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/GRAPHICS-BOARD/ATI/ATI-Catalyst-61.shtml
    I don't know what works for Vista, because I don't have it.
    Hope this fixes your problem! It fixed mine.
  • edited July 2009
    :D IT WORKED!!! :)
    Thanks beatlefreak!
This discussion has been closed.