TWD season 2 - save files gone?

edited January 2015 in Game Support

Hi!

I've looked at another thread where the save files successfully were 'restored' or fixed.
I've played through the whole season, but now when I open it, all saves are gone.

I'm looking into the folder 'C:\user\"username"\document\telltalegames\thewalkingdeadtwo'
and what I see is 2 files named '_saveslot1_id.estore' and one exactly the same, but '_saveslot3...'

What does that mean? Save files gone? And a replay are required?

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

Can you please clarify if you are playing the Telltale download version of the game, or the Steam version of the game? If you would like assistance with your issue, please read this Sticky on how to run our Support Tool, and follow the steps to run the tool, and reply here with the download link copied and pasted into a reply. You can find the Sticky here:

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/44150/twd-support-tool-for-information-gathering

After receiving the information from your support tool, I will be able to assist you further.

• oh, sorry! I pre-ordered the game from telltale "TWD" homepage - And of course downloaded it from there as well

Can you please clarify if you are playing the Telltale download version of the game, or the Steam version of the game? If you would like ass

• Btw, the "support tool" doesn't work for me, it's just running flashing once, then it's gone, nothing more

Can you please clarify if you are playing the Telltale download version of the game, or the Steam version of the game? If you would like ass

Please try running the Support Tool again, and try running it As an Administrator, and see if you are able to run it successfully. Please note that it will open up a Command Window. Please allow the Support Tool to run in the background while it gathers the proper system information, and file directory names. Once it has completed it will output a .zip file that you will be able to upload to the file hosting website, and paste the download link in a reply here.

Alento posted: »

Btw, the "support tool" doesn't work for me, it's just running flashing once, then it's gone, nothing more

• yep, I've tried running it as admin, it does the exact same thing, starts, but closes right after, and no .zip is comming

Please try running the Support Tool again, and try running it As an Administrator, and see if you are able to run it successfully. Please no

My apologies, if you are unable to open the Support Tool file, could you please take a screenshot of the contents of your 'The Walking Dead Season Two' folder? Then upload your computer's DxDiag and the screenshot to the same file hosting website, and paste the download link in a reply here, and I will be able to assist you further. (To send a DXDiag, click the Start menu, click Run, and then type in DXDiag and press enter. After it loads, click Save All Information and save the file where you’ll be able to easily find it. Please upload this file to the file hosting website, and reply to this thread with the download link.)

yep, I've tried running it as admin, it does the exact same thing, starts, but closes right after, and no .zip is comming

• My apologies, if you are unable to open the Support Tool file, could you please take a screenshot of the contents of your 'The Walking Dead

After looking over your information, your computer should be able to run the game successfully, so the save feature should be working. Unfortunately I do not see any save files in the directory screenshot you gave me. Can you please clarify if you have the game installed to the default location on your C:/ drive as well?

Ya ofc! Here's the link! http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/GezwbzyeEjdllsuabnu7AA

• Yeah the game runs as it should. The game is correctly installed at C: drive.
    But, it is how it is, I'll just replay the game.. kinda sad to not have the same story as the first time played. But I don't mind playing it again, I love the game :)

Thank you for your time and effort!

After looking over your information, your computer should be able to run the game successfully, so the save feature should be working. Unfor

This discussion has been closed.